Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Aug 19, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #21,684 of 36,078
Got my new Toxic Cable Hydra 18awg cable for my K10s! It is so comfortable, much better than the cables that have twisted pairs leading to the connectors, it is smooth so it doesn't chafe at all really which is really nice! I have listened with it for a few hours now and it seems to really open up the sound stage (things seems to come from a more 360 degree arc whereas before it was a bit 2D). There is a tad more treble volume but the bass seems to be unchanged so still full of impact. Overall very happy with the change from the Silver Widow 22awg. Here is a picture for those interested:

Aug 19, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #21,685 of 36,078

Now Playing: 

Hans Zimmer - The Dark Knight Rises original motion picture soundtrack.

Daft Punk plus an 85-piece orchestra? Gods yes! To be honest, I think it's Daft Punk's best album too. Even if you're not into Daft Punk, or maybe especially if you're not into them, you really should check this one out. 

personally i find DP very generic and kinda boring, but if you like them that much (especially their latest disco outfits) you should check Chic , the guys literally copycat their style off Nile Rodgers 

also check the work by giorgio Moroder , the guy did wonders back in the late 70s (his albums for Donna Summer are disco/soul/gospel/electro masterpieces)

as for soundtracks , here are some terrific ones (if you have heard them , ignore my proposals) , 

Vangelis - Blade Runner OST
Alexandre Desplat - Birth OST 
Peter Gabriel - Passion of Christ OST
Philip Glass - The Hours OST
Clint Mansell - The Fountain OST

Aug 19, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #21,686 of 36,078
Yes, I have it.
Sounds excellent.
QP1R as source, also Mac pro.
Any specific question you want to ask?

How does vocals (mid in general) sound? What about bass?

I think you might want to wait until Cv5 coming out from ALO.
CDM is very good but Cv5 is tube amp only, smaller size, and less half price of CDM.
I am waiting for this also since it will be mobile instead of transportable.
Right now, CDM + k10 is the perfect combo with lucid mid and thump/dynamic bass.
CDM/k10/qp1r is much more oompH than qp1r/k10/RX.

Aug 19, 2016 at 4:17 PM Post #21,687 of 36,078
I think you might want to wait until Cv5 coming out from ALO.
CDM is very good but Cv5 is tube amp only, smaller size, and less half price of CDM.
I am waiting for this also since it will be mobile instead of transportable.
Right now, CDM + k10 is the perfect combo with lucid mid and thump/dynamic bass.
CDM/k10/qp1r is much more oompH than qp1r/k10/RX.

Forgot. Cv5 has no dac.

Aug 20, 2016 at 2:40 AM Post #21,690 of 36,078

O_O

What did I just watch? What kind of animal did the guy on the left of the video wear on his head (and is it still alive)? How is this video pretty damn well produced and recorded (including mastered)???

WHY CAN I NOT UNHEAR THIS SONG AND DRAWN TO IT LIKE A CRAZY NONSENSICAL MOTH!

WHAT DID YOU DO TO ME FullCircIe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back