Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Aug 22, 2016 at 9:11 AM Post #21,706 of 36,071
Oh my god.

I thought I was done with expensive audiogear when I bought my HD600 and Predator RSA six years ago.  Damn near put me through bankruptcy, and now I finally find out about CIEMs and Noble?!?

I've been on an obsessive tear the entire week reading and watching every K10 review on the internet.  I don't even have half of what the K10 costs, but if they're everything people say there are, it'll light a fire up my ass to start saving.  Anyone from Penang know where I can try these babies out for myself?  I know Jaben sells the K10u, but would I be missing out not getting customs?  How would I even get that in Malaysia?

It's overwhelming to see how much things have changed since 2010 :blink:  

I tried the k10 UA in jaben subang jaya
Last time i asked they said the unit has been passed around jaben malaysia for demo
So maybe you can ask jaben penang

P.S try the savant first before trying k10
Since k10 cost a lot and you have enough money for savant lol

Aug 22, 2016 at 9:47 AM Post #21,708 of 36,071
Last time i asked they said the unit has been passed around jaben malaysia for demo

Will do!  I remember seeing one in Paragon Mall.  I'll contact them as soon as possible.

I go to Penang from time to time,

Sweet!  I'll need to sell a few organs and limbs first :p (Who needs legs when listening to music? My swivel chair does the job just fine.)

I'll signal the b̶a̶t̶ wizard signal if I manage to save up.  Haven't been this excited for something since...ever.

Aug 22, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #21,709 of 36,071

Will do!  I remember seeing one in Paragon Mall.  I'll contact them as soon as possible.

I go to Penang from time to time,

Sweet!  I'll need to sell a few organs and limbs first :p (Who needs legs when listening to music? My swivel chair does the job just fine.)

I'll signal the b̶a̶t̶ wizard signal if I manage to save up.  Haven't been this excited for something since...ever.

This was for sale on eBay a while back. May take some small modifications.

7d6c24538f96bda708311f9739bf5825.jpg

Aug 23, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #21,710 of 36,071

Now Playing: 

Hans Zimmer - The Dark Knight Rises original motion picture soundtrack.
This one I've probably heard 500 times, but I keep coming back to it. One of Zimmer's best soundtracks, it is a glorious listen on the K10. The little details are there, the strings, the subtle instruments in the background and then those kettle drums come rolling at you from waaaayyy down in the basement and hits you like a runaway truck - yet somehow those lovely strings and the synths are still there, clear like stars in the night sky as the drum truck rolls over you. Dynamic range is not that impressive, but still a great listen on your (c)iems!

These are my current go-to test tracks. For someone who is a Batman fan, Nolan fan, Zimmer fan and a music lover, it can't get better than this.

Aug 24, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #21,711 of 36,071
  I actually don't. They've made some damn catchy music ("Around The World" annoyingly so), but mostly I find their albums to be repetitive and slightly on the boring side. To be honest, fellow French electro duo "Justice" are vastly more varied and creative in their music.

But I do love the TRON:Legacy soundtrack, I really do. It paints a vast soundscape, lots of details, crisp strings, synth scores and on several tracks a foundation of beautiful bass. I encourage urge all K10 owners to give that album a listen!

have you heard any of the soundtracks i proposed ? you did not comment on any of these , which strikes me as weird....

Aug 25, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #21,719 of 36,071
  anyone have a dulce bass and shure se 846 comparison  ?

Doesn't seem that there are a lot of Dulce's out there yet.  This would be an interesting comparison though.

Aug 25, 2016 at 1:52 PM Post #21,720 of 36,071
  anyone have a dulce bass and shure se 846 comparison  ?

I've auditioned the Dulce Bass, but not against the SE846 in direct comparison. Off hand, the SE846 has a more extended and prominent sub-bass region (on regular filters). The Dulce Bass has a touch more mid-bass however, with equally good texture and layering. I'm sorry if this is too brief a comparison, but I'll be sure to chime in with more detailed thoughts if I do find the time to head down to my local music store one of these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back