Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jul 30, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #21,406 of 36,066
@alexking Welcome to the family! Fit is a universal problem that needs to be addressed. I went through 5-6 different brands and models before finding a tip that fit me and the Nobles perfectly (I am using JVC spiral dots ML). Because they are so cheap you should try out as many tips as you can, you won't regret it. Complys are quite good on fit but tend to muffle the treble with most IEMs I've tried. I'd advise you to find big bored silicon tips like the JVC that fit you.
Good luck!

Jul 30, 2016 at 5:26 PM Post #21,407 of 36,066

Usual UK costs are as follows, foreign price to include postage, then add VAT at 20%; Import duty for headphones and IEM is 2% as well; If Parcelforce deliver them, they charge £13.50 for dealing with customs, etc for you. If you are buying Noble via the UK website, then this is from that site - 
  1. WHAT ABOUT CUSTOMS DUTIES, VAT, AND TAX?

The prices of our products are exclusive of any duties, VAT, or tax. The receiver is expected to cover these charges in the event they are assessed.

Also you have to pay the fees for UPS on delivery. You can't pre-pay them.

Jul 30, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #21,408 of 36,066
Thanks for the replies everyone. Yes when you add it all up the costs rocket.

I originally saw the review of the K10u on avforums which were quoted the price as £999 for a pair so i guess there has been an increase in the retail since then but I find it strange that the review never mentioned the taxes required.

Can I assume that these earphones dont really get cloned like some of the other hi end (Sennheiser? ) examples so if I did get them from somewhere like Audio Sanctuary they will be the genuine articles.

Jul 30, 2016 at 8:14 PM Post #21,409 of 36,066
I have received the Savanna and have been listening to them out of a smartphone as well as the Chord Mojo. Out of a phone they are bit on the technical and analytical side, with great clarity and transparency for genres like folk, acoustic and singer-songwriter but lacking in engagement for pop or rock.

The Mojo's coloration adds some much needed warmth and bass impact, and they go from being a bit specialized to sounding great with everything. I think these were a real value at the sale price of $399, but I hesitate to wholeheartedly recommend them at their normal price of $499, unless you are certain you're after a "reference" signature out of typical sources. I think a comparison to the new Ety ER4SR would be useful.

Jul 31, 2016 at 12:14 AM Post #21,410 of 36,066
Thanks for the replies everyone. Yes when you add it all up the costs rocket.

I originally saw the review of the K10u on avforums which were quoted the price as £999 for a pair so i guess there has been an increase in the retail since then but I find it strange that the review never mentioned the taxes required.

Can I assume that these earphones dont really get cloned like some of the other hi end (Sennheiser? ) examples so if I did get them from somewhere like Audio Sanctuary they will be the genuine articles.

It would take a lot of effort to clone the cnc housing of the k10ua, im not saying it is impossible to do, but im not sure the juice would be worth the squeze, and due to that i think it is safe to say a noble k10 ua would be genuine

But if a noble product is sold by a non authorized source, there would be no warranty attached to the product

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jul 31, 2016 at 12:49 AM Post #21,412 of 36,066
@alexking
 Welcome to the family! Fit is a universal problem that needs to be addressed. I went through 5-6 different brands and models before finding a tip that fit me and the Nobles perfectly (I am using JVC spiral dots ML). Because they are so cheap you should try out as many tips as you can, you won't regret it. Complys are quite good on fit but tend to muffle the treble with most IEMs I've tried. I'd advise you to find big bored silicon tips like the JVC that fit you.
Good luck!

+1:grimacing:

Jul 31, 2016 at 6:11 AM Post #21,415 of 36,066
This is where i'll be going and I live in Nottingham! lol. I need to sort out some money first :wink: 

And I thought it was a pain for me to get to her from Surrey... That's some serious commitment! I can assure you though it is well worth it. Excellent customer service and very quick to respond to any questions.

Also, incase you didnt know Noble are doing free impressions with CIEM purchases at CanJam London in a couple of weeks saves a bit of money which is always nice.

Jul 31, 2016 at 6:12 AM Post #21,416 of 36,066
And I thought it was a pain for me to get to her from Surrey... That's some serious commitment! I can assure you though it is well worth it. Excellent customer service and very quick to respond to any questions.

Also, incase you didnt know Noble are doing free impressions with CIEM purchases at CanJam London in a couple of weeks saves a bit of money which is always nice.

Hi,
Hmm, didn't think about the London CanJam. Something to think about though. Thx for the reminder.

Jul 31, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #21,418 of 36,066
Will Noble be selling universalls at canjam london? Can't see any info here on that. However the next post down says they will be there, post #4
Will Noble have their range on demonstration at canjam london?

In regards to free impressions, can they be left with Noble to make a custom fit? ​They are doing free impressions if you order customs then. See post #4.

See above.

Jul 31, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #21,419 of 36,066
  I have huge canals (and generally big ears!), and the large Spiral Dots work great for me.  Big wide bore too.

Thanks for the recommendation, bro. I've been asked to try the Spiral Dots a few time before, too. Think I might just give them a shot; the normal silicone tips are near impossible to use. 
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back