Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jul 29, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #21,398 of 36,082
Received my Tridents yesterday, upgrading from RHA 750i. Sound quality and aesthetics are amazing.  

Appearance: They are not nearly as gold as they appear on the website picture and are more of a dull silver/gunmetal (like a well circulated quarter/dime), which I much prefer. This picture is closer to how they actually appear: http://audio-head.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/IMG_4031-1-952x1024.jpg

Sound: I am new to this price/quality range of iems so I don't have much to compare to or an ear for the acoustic nuances that most of the reviewers here are able to pick up on and describe properly. My overall impression is that the detail is much better than anything else I've heard across a wide range of genres (funk, rock, edm, and classical so far) and I am easily able to distinguish or 'listen to' different instruments without them being distorted or overpowered by the other instruments/vocals.  The bass isn't loud and muddy or annoyingly faint like it was on various Bose Klipsch (s4) and Shure iems I have used (not sure which models, for bose and shure but in the $70-$150 price range).  These are easily the best sounding iems I have owned or used and I got a big fat grin when I first plugged them in and hit play.

Sources: So far I have used my iphone 6 (headphone jack) and my desktop computer (audio jack on the z170-a motherboard w/ Crystal Sound 3 and usb 3.0 port via the Turtle Beach Ear Force PX22 Headset Audio Controller). Most of my music listening has been on the iphone which sounds as I described above. The desktop audio jack I have only used for game/voice communication, but both those sound fine with no issues. The desktop usb port via the turtle beach audio controller has constant hiss/static sound that is especially annoying when the game/voice volume is turned down low. This hiss is not audible when I plug in my turtle beach headphones, skullcandy or RHA iems. I am not sure why this happens (maybe has to do with impedance/sensitivity?), but the Turtle Beach controller was probably primarily designed to match/function best with their headsets rather than act as a universal usb controller.

Fit Issues: The only real downside so far is that the silicone tips either don't fit comfortably or don't provide a good enough seal to remove outside noise. The bi-flange (right term?) ones scrunch up completely when inserted such that they provide less seal and insertion than the regular silicone tips (not sure if this is because of the material/design or them not being the right size for my ears). The more foam-like tips only come in two sizes and the smaller size is too big for me. When it's inserted deep enough to provide good isolation any movement of my jaw will pinch the end closed and mute the music almost completely if that makes sense. I placed an order for some small comply tips that will hopefully fix this issue.

Sorry for what I am sure is an extremely amateur review of these iems, but I figured I'd put something up here since I couldn't find much on the Tridents when I was initially deciding on which iems to go with and one of you might be in the same boat I was in a month ago. 

--------------------

Somewhat related...I'm interested in picking up a bluetooth microphone and remote since I will be using these primarily when I am walking/commuting to work.  Does anyone here have any experience with the Noble BTS, and are there better options out there for <$100 ?

Jul 30, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #21,399 of 36,082
  Received my Tridents yesterday, upgrading from RHA 750i. Sound quality and aesthetics are amazing.

Appearance: They are not nearly as gold as they appear on the website picture and are more of a dull silver/gunmetal (like a well circulated quarter/dime), which I much prefer. This picture is closer to how they actually appear: http://audio-head.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/IMG_4031-1-952x1024.jpg

Sound: I am new to this price/quality range of iems so I don't have much to compare to or an ear for the acoustic nuances that most of the reviewers here are able to pick up on and describe properly. My overall impression is that the detail is much better than anything else I've heard across a wide range of genres (funk, rock, edm, and classical so far) and I am easily able to distinguish or 'listen to' different instruments without them being distorted or overpowered by the other instruments/vocals.  The bass isn't loud and muddy or annoyingly faint like it was on various Bose Klipsch (s4) and Shure iems I have used (not sure which models, for bose and shure but in the $70-$150 price range).  These are easily the best sounding iems I have owned or used and I got a big fat grin when I first plugged them in and hit play.

Sources: So far I have used my iphone 6 (headphone jack) and my desktop computer (audio jack on the z170-a motherboard w/ Crystal Sound 3 and usb 3.0 port via the Turtle Beach Ear Force PX22 Headset Audio Controller). Most of my music listening has been on the iphone which sounds as I described above. The desktop audio jack I have only used for game/voice communication, but both those sound fine with no issues. The desktop usb port via the turtle beach audio controller has constant hiss/static sound that is especially annoying when the game/voice volume is turned down low. This hiss is not audible when I plug in my turtle beach headphones, skullcandy or RHA iems. I am not sure why this happens (maybe has to do with impedance/sensitivity?), but the Turtle Beach controller was probably primarily designed to match/function best with their headsets rather than act as a universal usb controller.

Fit Issues: The only real downside so far is that the silicone tips either don't fit comfortably or don't provide a good enough seal to remove outside noise. The bi-flange (right term?) ones scrunch up completely when inserted such that they provide less seal and insertion than the regular silicone tips (not sure if this is because of the material/design or them not being the right size for my ears). The more foam-like tips only come in two sizes and the smaller size is too big for me. When it's inserted deep enough to provide good isolation any movement of my jaw will pinch the end closed and mute the music almost completely if that makes sense. I placed an order for some small comply tips that will hopefully fix this issue.

Sorry for what I am sure is an extremely amateur review of these iems, but I figured I'd put something up here since I couldn't find much on the Tridents when I was initially deciding on which iems to go with and one of you might be in the same boat I was in a month ago. 

--------------------

Somewhat related...I'm interested in picking up a bluetooth microphone and remote since I will be using these primarily when I am walking/commuting to work.  Does anyone here have any experience with the Noble BTS, and are there better options out there for <$100 ?

Congrats on joining the Noble club! Glad to hear that you're enjoying your Tridents.

For me, I'm not a huge fan of general silicone tips myself, and I almost always opt for Comply or similar foam tips. My ear canals are relatively large, and most silicone tips just can't provide a decent seal.

Jul 30, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #21,400 of 36,082

Congrats on joining the Noble club! Glad to hear that you're enjoying your Tridents.

For me, I'm not a huge fan of general silicone tips myself, and I almost always opt for Comply or similar foam tips. My ear canals are relatively large, and most silicone tips just can't provide a decent seal.

I have huge canals (and generally big ears!), and the large Spiral Dots work great for me.  Big wide bore too.

Jul 30, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #21,401 of 36,082
Hi I am from the UK and I am thinking of buying some K10U. i am currently using Heir audio 5.0 which are excellent and was wondering if the upgrade will be worth it.

I noticed on the Noble site that the uk price of £1150 does not include taxes which would obviously greatly increase the price if I get hit with the custom and import charges. I did however notice a place called Audio Sanctuary based in London selling them at the same price which does include taxes. Is Audio Sanctuary an authorised dealer for Noble? 

Alternatively when would the next sale be? I was annoyed to miss the birthday discount by a few days. I dont mind waiting for a few months as I am in no hurry so the saving could offset some of the tax.

thanks

Jul 30, 2016 at 1:27 PM Post #21,403 of 36,082
Hi I am from the UK and I am thinking of buying some K10U. i am currently using Heir audio 5.0 which are excellent and was wondering if the upgrade will be worth it.

I noticed on the Noble site that the uk price of £1150 does not include taxes which would obviously greatly increase the price if I get hit with the custom and import charges. I did however notice a place called Audio Sanctuary based in London selling them at the same price which does include taxes. Is Audio Sanctuary an authorised dealer for Noble? 

Alternatively when would the next sale be? I was annoyed to miss the birthday discount by a few days. I dont mind waiting for a few months as I am in no hurry so the saving could offset some of the tax.

thanks

Of the five Noble universals that I have had imported from Brannan in sunny California the import and duty fees have ranged from £21.12 to £22.62. I don't know about charges for the custom in ears though.

Audio Sanctuary is not on the list of dealers on the Noble site. Yet.

Jul 30, 2016 at 3:44 PM Post #21,404 of 36,082
Of the five Noble universals that I have had imported from Brannan in sunny California the import and duty fees have ranged from £21.12 to £22.62. I don't know about charges for customs though.

Audio Sanctuary is not on the list of dealers on the Noble site. Yet.

Usual UK costs are as follows, foreign price to include postage, then add VAT at 20%; Import duty for headphones and IEM is 2% as well; If Parcelforce deliver them, they charge £13.50 for dealing with customs, etc for you. If you are buying Noble via the UK website, then this is from that site - 
  1. WHAT ABOUT CUSTOMS DUTIES, VAT, AND TAX?

The prices of our products are exclusive of any duties, VAT, or tax. The receiver is expected to cover these charges in the event they are assessed.

Jul 30, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #21,405 of 36,082
why not buy a used one ? you can find some used ones here for sale from eu sellers at terrific prices

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back