Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Sep 27, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #14,885 of 36,115
  Here's my Savant
ksc75smile.gif

More pics here http://www.head-fi.org/t/772698/noble-savant-thread-impressions-reviews-tours/345#post_11946437

Oooh, those are nice! Keep them clean, and they'll look like glittering rocks in your ears. Awesome! 
smile.gif

Sep 27, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #14,886 of 36,115
  Hello!
After lurking around this thread for a couple of years I figured out that now should be a good time to join the party!
Got my new K10s two days ago, and I'm having a wonderful time so far!
My last pair of IEMs where Shure's SE 530 customised by Null Audio, and then customised again by an ACS dealer in Israel.
Sadly, one of the drivers stopped working, and I've decided that it's the right time to upgrade rather trying to get them fixed.

Huge thanks to John, Brannan, and everyone else who was involved in the smooth process of getting them.

A couple of questions-
When I asked John and Brannan about it, both of them where quiet certain that there is no need to use an amp with the K10s.
How would you guys describe your experience with amping them?
My ears are still adjusting to the K10s sounds signature, and I've listening to them via my iPhone 6 Plus and my Macbook pro at the moment.
I do have an Headroom Total BitHead lying around that I'll definitely try, but would love to hear from your experience as well.

Another thing, about the case-
I already asked Brannan about this, but I'd share it over here too.
Looks like my K10s leave a mark on the foam each time I'm closing the case, which means that they are a bit too big, and I'm afraid that the case is putting some pressure on them. 
There was a mark on the foam since the first moment I opened the case, and there are more of them as I've tried to place them differently inside it.
Anyone else experienced anything like that?

Thanks a lot guys!
Thomas

Hey, congrats on your purchase, and welcome to the famed Noble club. We're a real fun bunch - we love our Noble IEMs as much as a good joke. So stay around, and have fun!

Anyway, the K10s sound great out of most devices. I've tried them across a myriad sources, and to be honest, they don't need amping at all to sound good. In fact, you'll love your K10 with a DAP like the FiiO X3 II or DX50. With that said, adding an amp does have its benefits. I currently use an ALO Rx Mk3-B+, and what it does is add more body to an already well-rounded IEM, tightens the lows and increases mid-bass quantity. The stack is huge, though, so I just often leave my amp behind, and go solo with my DAP.

The stock Noble case is also a bit too shallow to fit your earphones. I suggest getting a 3rd party case from manufacturers like Pelican. I use either a 1010 or 1050 (depends if I'm carrying my amp). The 1010 fits the K10s just right, and has enough room for an aftermarket cable, if you're getting one. Take a look at @mscott58's picture of his K10, amp and dac put together in a 1040.

Sep 27, 2015 at 5:52 AM Post #14,887 of 36,115

A couple of questions-
When I asked John and Brannan about it, both of them where quiet certain that there is no need to use an amp with the K10s.
How would you guys describe your experience with amping them?
My ears are still adjusting to the K10s sounds signature, and I've listening to them via my iPhone 6 Plus and my Macbook pro at the moment.
I do have an Headroom Total BitHead lying around that I'll definitely try, but would love to hear from your experience as well.

Another thing, about the case-
I already asked Brannan about this, but I'd share it over here too.
Looks like my K10s leave a mark on the foam each time I'm closing the case, which means that they are a bit too big, and I'm afraid that the case is putting some pressure on them. 
There was a mark on the foam since the first moment I opened the case, and there are more of them as I've tried to place them differently inside it.
Anyone else experienced anything like that?

Thanks a lot guys!
Thomas

Mine sound quite good on  DX90 but sound even better on HM901 running balanced. So yeah, they respond well to quality amplification. & Yeah, IMO Noble need to use a slightly bigger case. I moved to an aftermarket case as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back