Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Sep 24, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #14,776 of 36,045
  I don't even think it's fair to call the injection gate a design flaw.  It's part of the process, and if injectiongate (guess deflategate/spygate doesn't translate well for this controversy) didn't get brought up on the forums I wouldn't have even seen the marks on my N6 and Savants.  If cosmetically it's not acceptable to a buyer, that is certainly their right, but the products work as advertised imo.

+1

Sep 24, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #14,777 of 36,045
I don't even think it's fair to call the injection gate a design flaw.  It's part of the process, and if injectiongate (guess deflategate/spygate doesn't translate well for this controversy) didn't get brought up on the forums I wouldn't have even seen the marks on my N6 and Savants.  If cosmetically it's not acceptable to a buyer, that is certainly their right, but the products work as advertised imo.

I agree it doesn't impact performance, my issue is with the entire package and the way customer concerns have been dismissed. In essence the word from noble has been to the effect of 'if you didn't want cosmetic flaws you should have spent more than the £400 you did, you knew you were buying a lower tier product so they should be expected'. I'm sorry but that is not acceptable in my opinion.

If you bought a brand new car and it had a scratch along the door that did not impact performance but you'd paid a premium in the whole would you be content? Especially when the company reply to your concern with, 'oh well can't please everyone' then charge you 20% to return it? I seriously doubt it.

Sep 24, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #14,778 of 36,045
I agree it doesn't impact performance, my issue is with the entire package and the way customer concerns have been dismissed. In essence the word from noble has been to the effect of 'if you didn't want cosmetic flaws you should have spent more than the £400 you did, you knew you were buying a lower tier product so they should be expected'. I'm sorry but that is not acceptable in my opinion.

If you bought a brand new car and it had a scratch along the door that did not impact performance but you'd paid a premium in the whole would you be content? Especially when the company reply to your concern with, 'oh well can't please everyone' then charge you 20% to return it? I seriously doubt it.

No because Noble is not a car company. Noble is a headphone manufacturer and I generally assume that the process of making a car is different than making a IEM. I also assume that even the smaller car manufactuers have more personnel than Noble.

Sep 24, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #14,779 of 36,045
No because Noble is not a car company. Noble is a headphone manufacturer and I generally assume that the process of making a car is different than making a IEM. 

Riiiiight, thanks for your input again. Think you might have missed the point. Take any product you like, and I mean any, then think of that instead of a car. Make sense? If not don't bother replying. I'm talking about about the concepts of quality control and the finish/presentation of a product. Arguably a pair of iems should be a lot easier to make look nice than a car.

Sep 24, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #14,780 of 36,045

If you actually consider a car arriving scratched the same as the visibility of where the injections are put in I don't know if there really is anything else that can be added to this conversation

Sep 24, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #14,781 of 36,045
  I think that's the design i'm going for when i order the K10 very soon :wink: Will the total cost only include the wizard reprint, or will there be an additional cost with this specific design? My other choice was this one.

Digging the blue :)

Both of these designs are available for Reprint, so the fee would be a flat $200 on top of the base price of the K10.

Love the blue as well.

Sep 24, 2015 at 6:46 PM Post #14,782 of 36,045
If you actually consider a car arriving scratched the same as the visibility of where the injections are put in I don't know if there really is anything else that can be added to this conversation

Re-read the first paragraph of mine you quoted. Also mine had more than just the gate marks.

For info I'm not looking to bash Noble, this is my second pair of iems from them after following John from his previous company, what I'm talking about is an honest and unfortunate complaint. Interestingly I'm having a few conversations on PM to the same effect.

Sep 24, 2015 at 6:52 PM Post #14,783 of 36,045
Riiiiight, thanks for your input again. Think you might have missed the point. Take any product you like, and I mean any, then think of that instead of a car. Make sense? If not don't bother replying. I'm talking about about the concepts of quality control and the finish/presentation of a product. Arguably a pair of iems should be a lot easier to make look nice than a car.

Trouble is quality control is often, well pretty much always linked to those two demons time and money. The way I see it is this and please bear in mind I am probably slightly drunk at this point in time, actually maybe more. You are annoyed at Noble because you bought what you consider to be an cosmetically inferiour product for in the UK is £400 which according to hifiheadphones is Dita Audio or Final Heaven type of money. You expected more and I fully understand that but consider the size of Noble to something like Shure or Westone which I assume are a hell of a lot bigger. They I'm sure can afford to say these are bad shels and  wait a few weeks for new shells because of the cosmetic arks that you are mad about and they have a clot of lout with the guys that make the whellls. Now take Noble. Small company not as much power,c oncerntrates solely on custom iems and has to outsource the shells. Could they afford to wait. Probably nt. not everyone can afford to make perfect produts

Hopefully when my Noble 3 arrives and the marks are there I'll be annoyed. Until I put them in my ears/

Sep 24, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #14,784 of 36,045
I'm more than aware of what the website states but thank you for you effort. The question that remains is should I be liable to pay a 20% restocking fee plus postage for acknowledged design flaws that are not advertised or apparently fixable?

I personally feel that I shouldn't, hence why I haven't sent them back!

The 20% restocking fee exists so that we can 1) recoup the costs we fronted to get you the product and 2) cover costs incurred to return the product back to a sellable condition.

1) Shipping worldwide is included in the price of each product and depending on where you are located shipping via a service that we deem safe/reliable/timely can run up to $80-$100. This shipping policy is non-discriminatory meaning it doesn't matter if you bought a Noble 3 or a Kaiser 10U, are located next door or in Timbuktu, everything is going out via the same top tier service.

2) Upon receipt of a returned IEM, we inspect the packaging and unit, run acoustic tests on the unit, refurbish the unit if needed, sanitize the unit, and repackage the unit. Again, each case is different but there are significant costs involved with getting a unit back to a sellable condition.

Even with the 20% we are often still out some money, but we always accept each return with a smile on our face.

I don't think that much is going to come from posting about this more on the forum, but I am happy to discuss this topic with you further via PM. Also, thanks in advance for trying to see things from our perspective.

Sep 24, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #14,787 of 36,045
Hey everyone, guess what. Never mind, I'm not tellin.

You got an email with pictures or even better a package in the mail? Do tell, do tell!!!

Sep 24, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #14,790 of 36,045
You got an email with pictures or even better a package in the mail? Do tell, do tell!!!

Half right

Your K10 have been finished?

Yes
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back