Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Sep 4, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #14,312 of 36,058

What's the cable you'er using it with? looks nice!

It's a BTG Audio Starlight CIEM cable. I just got it two days ago and I am liking it a lot. Previously was using a Linum Balanced cable connecting directly to the AK120 II.

Sep 4, 2015 at 9:41 PM Post #14,319 of 36,058
I was thinking about driving over from the good ole USA, wanna car pool with me? Get some more members, have a little road trip.

I once mis-entered an address into MapQuest and it thought I wanted to go to Western Australia. Best part was it actually gave me directions from Philly to Perth.

Sep 4, 2015 at 11:33 PM Post #14,321 of 36,058
Sep 5, 2015 at 2:30 AM Post #14,323 of 36,058

Any sonic difference?

Would be hard to compare and contrast since they both have different connectors. For what it's worth, not really. There's a noticeable change in sound from stock cable to balanced, and from balanced to amped balanced, but I feel like the differences are through the amp and not the cable itself. I bought the cable due to ergonomics than for the sound.

The Linum, although nice and thin, was horrible to use day to day. My daily routine was spending the time waiting for the bus to untangle the super thin cables and because it's so thin, it would always look curly when worn. Comfortable...but didn't want to deal with the untangling anymore. There was also some issue with pressing on the 2.5 TRRS jack where sound slightly cuts out. My wife's Linum MMCX BaX connected to a SE846 has the same issue, and it also cuts out on one of the earpieces in certain angles. Sound was fine though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back