Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Aug 16, 2015 at 9:09 AM Post #13,861 of 36,042
Oddly enough, one of the reasons I started building CIEMs was because I had an iem that fit too deep, and it hurt to use it. I kept in a drawer and decided one day to re-shell the iem/convert it to a ciem.

A decade later Noble was formed

Do your CIEM designs not insert that deeply?

When I put my first pair of CIEMs in it felt like someone had just touched me where I had never been touched before...

By the way, this is incredible.

Aug 16, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #13,863 of 36,042
I'm trying hard to adjust to the fit of my K10c's.
After a refit they are much better.
They are no longer painful but still not perfect.
One side in particular feels very "full" in the ear canal.
All other aspects of fit are excellent.
The sound is to my ears little short of magical, so I really want these to work out and don't really want to chance another refit.
I am very interested to know how others have got on with their CIEM's.
Were they comfy from the get go, or did it take time for you to get used to them?
All replies greatly appreciated.

Aug 16, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #13,864 of 36,042
The sound is to my ears little short of magical, so I really want these to work out and don't really want to chance another refit.
Were they comfy from the get go, or did it take time for you to get used to them?

I feel it depends greatly on the shape on your ear canals. My left ear canal is straighter and wider than my right, where the second bend is quite tight. I have had two pairs of CIEMs now and the fit on the left ear piece has always felt fine from the beginning whereas the right one took some fiddling to get the fit right and takes time for it to feel natural. With my first pair (JH16's) I debated sending them back for a refit for probably the first 2-3 months, but held off as they were not painful (the fit just didn't feel "right"). After that I found my ears adjusted to them and I got used to how they fit my ear, and I could just ignore them and enjoy the music.

The K10's are my second IEM and it still took some time for my right ear to adjust to them, but no where near as much as my first pair. I'm now only 5 days into owning them and they feel super comfy. I feel the fit of the K10's were much better than the JH16's, in part because they are quite a bit larger and the JH16's were more fiddly to fit in the ear. 

I would just give them some time, especially if they are your first IEMs and your ears are not used to them. However they should not be painful, if they are hurting your ears then you should definitely get them adjusted.

Aug 16, 2015 at 10:46 AM Post #13,865 of 36,042

I feel it depends greatly on the shape on your ear canals. My left ear canal is straighter and wider than my right, where the second bend is quite tight. I have had two pairs of CIEMs now and the fit on the left ear piece has always felt fine from the beginning whereas the right one took some fiddling to get the fit right and takes time for it to feel natural. With my first pair (JH16's) I debated sending them back for a refit for probably the first 2-3 months, but held off as they were not painful (the fit just didn't feel "right"). After that I found my ears adjusted to them and I got used to how they fit my ear, and I could just ignore them and enjoy the music.

The K10's are my second IEM and it still took some time for my right ear to adjust to them, but no where near as much as my first pair. I'm now only 5 days into owning them and they feel super comfy. I feel the fit of the K10's were much better than the JH16's, in part because they are quite a bit larger and the JH16's were more fiddly to fit in the ear. 

I would just give them some time, especially if they are your first IEMs and your ears are not used to them. However they should not be painful, if they are hurting your ears then you should definitely get them adjusted.

You bought JH16's BEFORE the K10? Oh man, that is blasphemy.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 16, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #13,867 of 36,042

Thanks DuxR. After the refit they are no longer painful. So hopefully...:)

You bought JH16's BEFORE the K10? Oh man, that is blasphemy. :veryevil:

I had JH13's before this. I'm very pleased that I arrived at Noble in the end. :)

Aug 16, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #13,872 of 36,042

I know it's really hard to explain a fit to anyone.  Just wondering out loud, since it looks like you're in London, if it would be worth your time to discuss your current fit with Gisele (Aid2Hearing)?  Might give you peace of mind or help you decide.

Aug 16, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #13,874 of 36,042
I know it's really hard to explain a fit to anyone.  Just wondering out loud, since it looks like you're in London, if it would be worth your time to discuss your current fit with Gisele (Aid2Hearing)?  Might give you peace of mind or help you decide.

Nice one fiascogarcia. As it happens Gisele did my impressions and I ordered my K10's through her.

Aug 16, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #13,875 of 36,042
  It's still alive but I already stop using noble and go for another company because of this disaster (I never tell anyone about this before because I'll lose my warranty but I still never claimed it anyway hahahaha)

Dude, I know you love your IEMs, but this is not the way to do it. 
wink.gif

Anyway, jokes aside, I'm surprised they withstood such abuse, but I'm also happy to know that John never skimped on QC. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

• PuPS
Back