Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 15, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #11,823 of 36,059
  Any love for the NOBLE 3? 

I haven't seen any reviews about it, it seems like a fun iem to listen!

I might be off base here since I didn't listen to it when I had the chance. But after hearing the 4, it would be a no brainer considering the price difference, the 4 is that good.

Jun 15, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #11,824 of 36,059
Originally Posted by bangkokkid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course range will vary by device, however in our testing we found that 10 meters line-of-sight was a conservative estimate. The issues with the AK players are well known, but the fact that you are experiencing difficulty with your Samsung is a little bizarre. I will have to do more research.

I would be happy to discuss this with your further over PM or email to see if we can come up with a solution.

Thank you for the response. I just did a quick test and range seems to be at least 5m with line of sight though I'll get a tape measure out in the next few days to get an exact distance.

Can you tell me if you can put your test device in your back pocket and get a consistent signal without stutter when the BTS is clipped to the front of your shirt collar. I have found that if the signal has to go through the body is causes stuttering due to a poor signal.

If the smartphone is held closely to the BTS you do not get stutter when handling the BTS with your fingers.

I'll test with a few different devices over the next few days. One will be a Galaxy Note 4 and another a Macbook Pro 2014.

Jun 15, 2015 at 12:25 PM Post #11,826 of 36,059

Thank you for the response. I just did a quick test and range seems to be at least 5m with line of sight though I'll get a tape measure out in the next few days to get an exact distance.

Can you tell me if you can put your test device in your back pocket and get a consistent signal without stutter when the BTS is clipped to the front of your shirt collar. I have found that if the signal has to go through the body is causes stuttering due to a poor signal.

If the smartphone is held closely to the BTS you do not get stutter when handling the BTS with your fingers.

I'll test with a few different devices over the next few days. One will be a Galaxy Note 4 and another a Macbook Pro 2014.

I normally have it in the front pocket, but have also had the phone sitting on the table while cleaning up a room, and had no issues with my back to it.

Jun 15, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #11,828 of 36,059

I might be off base here since I didn't listen to it when I had the chance. But after hearing the 4, it would be a no brainer considering the price difference, the 4 is that good.

But N4 is more flat right? I'm more in to V shaped sound signatures. So N3 might just do that perfectly? 

I'm really dying to hear some impressions on it...

Jun 15, 2015 at 1:57 PM Post #11,830 of 36,059

But N4 is more flat right? I'm more in to V shaped sound signatures. So N3 might just do that perfectly? 

I'm really dying to hear some impressions on it...

If I have time I will try to post a review in the near future.
I received my N3 last Thursday and I love them. I listen to a fair amount of edm, hiphop/rap, and jazz. There is definitely bass present, but it isn't overwhelming. Highs are also fantastic.
When listening to classical or acoustic it isn't crystal clear like I would imagine the K10 and N4 to be, but I am okay with that. 
If you are into a V shaped sound signature I would definitely go for it. The fit is also perfect.
I can't wait for the SF Head-fi meet to try out some of the other models. 

Hope that helps a little

Jun 15, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #11,832 of 36,059
  If I have time I will try to post a review in the near future.
I received my N3 last Thursday and I love them. I listen to a fair amount of edm, hiphop/rap, and jazz. There is definitely bass present, but it isn't overwhelming. Highs are also fantastic.
When listening to classical or acoustic it isn't crystal clear like I would imagine the K10 and N4 to be, but I am okay with that. 
If you are into a V shaped sound signature I would definitely go for it. The fit is also perfect.
I can't wait for the SF Head-fi meet to try out some of the other models. 

Hope that helps a little

If you do try others, leave your wallet at home, once you go up the scale, its game over.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back