Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 16, 2015 at 7:51 AM Post #11,851 of 36,065
aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!   flight cancellation....  my K10s were scheduled for Thursday delivery, nowshowing as unknown.

Jun 16, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #11,852 of 36,065
My first born. jokes on them tho, I plan on never having children
tongue.gif

I don't have any kids,

that I am aware of.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 16, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #11,855 of 36,065
I love the case that Noble provides because it looks tough and locks quite tightly, but every time I put my 4Cs there (while also inside the soft pouch), I notice that it leaves marks (sometimes deep, sometimes shallow) on the foam because the 4C is pushed into it when the case is closed. I'm afraid it might bend the acrylic over time. Should I be worried about that?

Jun 16, 2015 at 10:15 AM Post #11,856 of 36,065
  I love the case that Noble provides because it looks tough and locks quite tightly, but every time I put my 4Cs there (while also inside the soft pouch), I notice that it leaves marks (sometimes deep, sometimes shallow) on the foam because the 4C is pushed into it when the case is closed. I'm afraid it might bend the acrylic over time. Should I be worried about that?

You won't bend the acrylic, the foam is supple enough not to hurt it,  but be careful how you place the ciem so not to put pressure on the cable connection.

Jun 16, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #11,857 of 36,065

I much prefer my Peli 1010 for that reason. Deeper and less bulky.

Jun 16, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #11,858 of 36,065

Yeah, the stock Noble case is a little too shallow to fit the K10s without leaving any marks on the foam padding. It'll be nice if it came in a thicker body. Anyway, I don't think it'll cause any lasting effects on the acrylic shells, but hey, what the heck. For something as precious as my K10s, I carry them around in a Pelican 1010 or 1020.

Jun 16, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #11,861 of 36,065

Yeah, the stock Noble case is a little too shallow to fit the K10s without leaving any marks on the foam padding. It'll be nice if it came in a thicker body. Anyway, I don't think it'll cause any lasting effects on the acrylic shells, but hey, what the heck. For something as precious as my K10s, I carry them around in a Pelican 1010 or 1020.

Me too!

Jun 16, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #11,862 of 36,065

I rock the Pelican 1040 since I also use it to carry my ALO Rx/Fiio X3 stack. (apologies for those of you who have seen this before)

Jun 16, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #11,863 of 36,065
As the forum is now talking about the neutrality of the Noble 4, has anyone done a comparison with the Savant (or even UERM)?

This is an excellent comparison:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/739512/in-depth-comparison-ultimate-ears-in-ear-reference-monitor-noble-audio-4c-wizard-design

You'll have to wait a bit for other Savant reviews.

Jun 16, 2015 at 3:54 PM Post #11,865 of 36,065
I think I have the 1060. Way too damn big. Bought it to house the k10s, centrance hifi m8 and iPod. I don't like carrying it around so I don't use it
frown.gif

One of these should fit hopefully any need in the CIEM/DAP arena. 

http://www.pelican.com/case_category.php?CaseSize=Micro%20Case

Users who are viewing this thread

Back