Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 10, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #10,503 of 36,064
I've had my K10's glued in my ears all weekend.  Didn't take long for me to get accustomed to the extra bass over the 4C's.  And then it happened.  I'm doing other stuff: reading, cleaning, dealing with being under the weather...and the music and detail still comes out at me.  I'm past the point where I'm trying to actively listen and analyze the differences between these and my other sets.  I'm just listening while I do other stuff, which usually means that I only catch things in the music when I stop to think about what I'm listening to. But everything is coming through in some fantastic fashion without trying, which is odd.  And it's not making me tired listening to music all the time (I realize I'm starting a lot of sentences with conjunctions, which is setting off the grammar nazi in me, sorry.)  I wanted to honestly express what I was thinking and realized what I wanted to say had already been said a few days back, so i tracked down the post to quote.  

Quote:

One observation I and/or others may have made before, is that the K10's are the first phones I've used where I've just stopped analyzing what I was hearing with my equipment, and just relaxed and enjoyed the artist(s) performance!  So I think they must be pretty good!
wink.gif

May 10, 2015 at 9:45 PM Post #10,504 of 36,064

I feel exactly the same way, previously I'd look for every nuance.... Now I just enjoy the music and my K10's still surprise me Everytime..... Its just pure joy

May 11, 2015 at 2:12 AM Post #10,507 of 36,064
Are you one of the early reviewers? Lucky person :p don't keep us waiting once they arrive.

It was consolation after finding out my ears can't do K10 Pressy

May 11, 2015 at 2:13 AM Post #10,508 of 36,064

Yes. Terrible grammar! :wink:
It's good to hear that you are enjoying your K10's.
I'm in the final stretch of waiting.
I've been abut concerned to read about large amounts of bass. I like bass but don't like it to overwhelm other frequencies.

May 11, 2015 at 2:32 AM Post #10,509 of 36,064
Yes. Terrible grammar!
wink.gif

It's good to hear that you are enjoying your K10's.
I'm in the final stretch of waiting.
I've been abut concerned to read about large amounts of bass. I like bass but don't like it to overwhelm other frequencies.

Nah i wouldn't say it has large amounts of bass, it has some emphasis but sounds very well balanced with the rest of the spectrum. if the song has strong bass you will hear it, if it doesnt then you won't. I have been trying to pick apart their sound for the past few days and i simply cannot fault it, just amazing from top to bottom. What i find surprising is how good they sound from various sources, from my high powered receivers to my cd player to my oppo ha-2 and right down to my ipad and ipod they're quite incredible.

May 11, 2015 at 4:23 AM Post #10,510 of 36,064

Nah i wouldn't say it has large amounts of bass, it has some emphasis but sounds very well balanced with the rest of the spectrum. if the song has strong bass you will hear it, if it doesnt then you won't. I have been trying to pick apart their sound for the past few days and i simply cannot fault it, just amazing from top to bottom. What i find surprising is how good they sound from various sources, from my high powered receivers to my cd player to my oppo ha-2 and right down to my ipad and ipod they're quite incredible.

Exactly. The K10 is capable of delivering bass that will blur your vision, but only if it's in the music... 

May 11, 2015 at 4:53 AM Post #10,512 of 36,064
Had another listen today with the K10 U, compare to Layla and Angie. While I did not end up buying either one to mea K10U is a no brainer if I was to decide between either Layla or K10U. However can't agree with the price tag and the bass level.

I am also very impressed on how on small it s, it is smaller than my IM04 which is only a quad (okay maybe the same size).

I am looking forward to Savant, I hope it is a detail oriented IEM.

May 11, 2015 at 7:01 AM Post #10,513 of 36,064
  Had another listen today with the K10 U, compare to Layla and Angie. While I did not end up buying either one to mea K10U is a no brainer if I was to decide between either Layla or K10U. However can't agree with the price tag and the bass level.

I am also very impressed on how on small it s, it is smaller than my IM04 which is only a quad (okay maybe the same size).

I am looking forward to Savant, I hope it is a detail oriented IEM.

Good to know that the K10 is better than the AK's offerings. I'm happy sitting on my N4 for now.

May 11, 2015 at 7:10 AM Post #10,514 of 36,064
I'm wanting to know if the N6 is a significant upgrade from the N4. I have a DT880 headphone but barely use it since my IEMs are always on hand. Thanks in advance.
Also, for the ownership card that ships with Noble stuff, I bought a cheap labeller and just stuck my details on. Works fine.

May 11, 2015 at 8:24 AM Post #10,515 of 36,064
  I'm wanting to know if the N6 is a significant upgrade from the N4. I have a DT880 headphone but barely use it since my IEMs are always on hand. Thanks in advance.
Also, for the ownership card that ships with Noble stuff, I bought a cheap labeller and just stuck my details on. Works fine.

I actually preferred the n4 to the n6. The n6 sounded overly warm to my ears, like the bass emphasis went too far up into the lower mids and made things sound kind of muddy and congested which ruind the overal balance. The n5 had the same issues but on a more extreme level. If you've ever heard the rha t10 then you'd have some idea of the n6's bottom end. If you want a significant upgrade to the n4 the k10 is the way to go imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back