Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 11, 2015 at 3:14 PM Post #10,531 of 36,078
Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for your impressions! I know you're quite a fan of the Rx these days :)
I am currently appreciating your former recommendation (the UHA-6SmkII) although it's not pocket friendly when I try to use the dac portion along with the amp. Hence my interest in the HA-2 and the upcoming Skyn. Basically, I want something that I can use with my iPhone as a source, while replacing it's dac AND amp. Considering I want both, I wonder if you would still think the Rx is better coming straight out of an iPhone rather than the HA-2 which has it's own DAC. I'm guessing you weren't using an iPhone as a source at the meet :wink_face:

The Rx has a great presentation and pairs really nicely with the K10 and N4. I had intolerable channel imbalance with my unit though so I didn't end up keeping it. This could be to do with pot variance so YMMV. The Leckerton units are great, a subtle DAC improvement from the iphone6 and perfect volume control/balance. Their form factor isn't really pocketable though. I currently use my old microstreamer which still amazes me for its size but it really nails the phones battery. There is a preorder up for the Geek Out V2+ which looks pretty interesting. Resonessence are about to release a Herus Mini (a Herus with a pocketable form factor and battery designed specifically for IEMs) so keep an eye out for that too. Given the performance of my Concero, this will be a day one purchase for me...

May 11, 2015 at 3:25 PM Post #10,532 of 36,078
I'm super curious to know how it pairs with the ha-2. Do you hear any hiss? I read somewhere that it makes the K10 sound more "brisk," and I wonder if that's code for bright or harsh.

Hey Dexter, 
I do hear a tiny... tiny bit of white noise when using my K10 + oppo HA-2.  
To be honest, if you have an iphone 5 or above, I think you will be fine using that as a stand alone source. 

May 11, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #10,533 of 36,078
Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for your impressions! I know you're quite a fan of the Rx these days :)
I am currently appreciating your former recommendation (the UHA-6SmkII) although it's not pocket friendly when I try to use the dac portion along with the amp. Hence my interest in the HA-2 and the upcoming Skyn. Basically, I want something that I can use with my iPhone as a source, while replacing it's dac AND amp. Considering I want both, I wonder if you would still think the Rx is better coming straight out of an iPhone rather than the HA-2 which has it's own DAC. I'm guessing you weren't using an iPhone as a source at the meet :wink_face:

You're right! I use a Fiio X3 (for now). Don't like to bog down my iPhone's memory and battery with music/DAP duties. Cheers

May 11, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #10,534 of 36,078
The Leckerton units are great, a subtle DAC improvement from the iphone6 and perfect volume control/balance. Their form factor isn't really pocketable though.

Yes, I didn't notice the improvement at first, but with more critical listening I determined that the DAC in the Leckerton definitely helped with imaging, bass response, and smoother presentation. 
I currently use my old microstreamer which still amazes me for its size but it really nails the phones battery.

Been there, done that, I know exactly what you mean about the battery life... Thanks for the other tips as well.

Originally Posted by rschoi75 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey Dexter, 
I do hear a tiny... tiny bit of white noise when using my K10 + oppo HA-2.  
To be honest, if you have an iphone 5 or above, I think you will be fine using that as a stand alone source. 

Thanks for the feedback! And it's brave of you to say that in these forums... I won't throw the first stone.
You're right! I use a Fiio X3 (for now). Don't like to bog down my iPhone's memory and battery with music/DAP duties. Cheers

It's all about simplicity and convenience for me. I just want one device in my pocket. I want to be able to stream lossless music from any artist based upon whatever whim strikes me at anytime. Okay, so the current state of technology isn't QUITE there yet (especially when you like a specific orchestral conductor for a certain symphony let's say), but I feel it's getting close. I hope Apple steps up it's sound quality "game" when they introduce their new streaming service in the next month. Okay sorry, off topic...

May 11, 2015 at 5:17 PM Post #10,536 of 36,078

It's all about simplicity and convenience for me. I just want one device in my pocket. I want to be able to stream lossless music from any artist based upon whatever whim strikes me at anytime. Okay, so the current state of technology isn't QUITE there yet (especially when you like a specific orchestral conductor for a certain symphony let's say), but I feel it's getting close. I hope Apple steps up it's sound quality "game" when they introduce their new streaming service in the next month. Okay sorry, off topic...

If you find something that satisfies you, let us know.  I'm looking for the same thing.  I've been using iOS since release and I'm unwilling to step down to something that has a crap ui, no matter how good it sounds or how many features it has.  The only thing I've seen that might have a decent UI, decent sound quality, and the amount of space I need would be one of the higher end AK's, but I can't justify the price on those.  

May 11, 2015 at 5:46 PM Post #10,537 of 36,078
May 11, 2015 at 8:09 PM Post #10,538 of 36,078
I'm super curious to know how it pairs with the ha-2. Do you hear any hiss? I read somewhere that it makes the K10 sound more "brisk," and I wonder if that's code for bright or harsh.

Yeh the ha-2 has a bit of hiss to it when things are quiet, but its not noticeable during normal listening levels. It does have a tendency to make the top end sound harsh at times, i believe its one of the signatures of the sabre dac they have used. I think a lot of it comes down to your source quality, if you're like me and have a mixture of good and bad then this particular setup can really highlight poorly recorded & sibilant tracks.

May 11, 2015 at 10:25 PM Post #10,540 of 36,078
While we showed similar faceplates about a month ago, the shells on these K10 are worth a look.​

Much color.​

Usually don't like the bright ones too much, but these are sweet! Well done my Noble friends.

May 12, 2015 at 4:46 AM Post #10,541 of 36,078

I actually preferred the n4 to the n6. The n6 sounded overly warm to my ears, like the bass emphasis went too far up into the lower mids and made things sound kind of muddy and congested which ruind the overal balance. The n5 had the same issues but on a more extreme level. If you've ever heard the rha t10 then you'd have some idea of the n6's bottom end. If you want a significant upgrade to the n4 the k10 is the way to go imo.

Too much to spend, but thanks for letting me know. I'm happy with my N4 for now.

May 12, 2015 at 5:46 AM Post #10,543 of 36,078
If you havent already, i'd suggest checking out the final audio heaven 7 and 8. I thought they were quite comparable in sound quality to the k10 considering they're half the price. The look and design is not to everyones taste tho.

I tried the Final Audio 6. Cable microphonics were off the scale! Never heard any so bad.

May 12, 2015 at 6:15 AM Post #10,545 of 36,078
I had the chance to try the ones that don't need any eartips, and are made out of metal and slightly cone shaped. So good for vocals, but the price...

The 6's were idiosyncratic but had a special something. The designs that you refer to are supposed to sound very special. The design severely limits their usefulness as IEM's though. If you don't sit still they just fall out of your ears!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back