Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Feb 25, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #8,701 of 36,064
which cable is that?

Quote:
  My K10s arrived today:

I'm really happy with them. Here's the playlist I've been using to get into them. It's a wide spectrum of Jazz, Metal, Bluegrass and Pop. In particular Johanna Kurkela's "Sinä nukut siina" really shines on them, as well as Tesseract's "Resist":

Definitely recommend a listen of those to other K10 owners :)

Feb 25, 2015 at 10:37 PM Post #8,704 of 36,064
Been 3 weeks now with these K10 awesomeness.  I've been acquiring some hires, and now even a couple DSD.  I can only say these just keep getting better and better!  Using my Pono that now does DSD and the hires is just, WOW!  Santana Abraxis in DSD and Eagles Hotel California 192/24.  I Can't decide which is better, but they are the top of my list so far.  Just sound so incredibly real..  The presence is everywhere.  I have Ted's Headphone Lounge Silver Litz balanced cables for the Pono on order.  Can't wait until those arrive!  These K10's eat everything I can throw at them and they just get so much more and more.  It's f'in wonderful..  Have Norah Jones 24/96 going now and I have this feeling that I should look up to her and ask her to run her fingers through my hair as she's singing to me...  LOL...  I have already about 90 hours with the K10 and 60 hours paired with the pono.

Just,...  THANK YOU NOBLE TEAM!!!111!!!

Feb 26, 2015 at 7:01 AM Post #8,706 of 36,064
just got my K10 universal delivered, paired with AK120II and Norne vorpal balanced cable resulted in very pleased sound experience, the best sound from a portable combo i have ever heard and come really close to a great desktop HD800 set up. Really happy with the combo except i wish there was better design option to choose for universal version T__T

Feb 26, 2015 at 9:35 AM Post #8,709 of 36,064
Any suggestions for a in-ear molder in Minneapolis?  Then I will get my order for the K10's going.

Here are two, both are specially trained in making earmolds for ciems!
http://www.tc.umn.edu/~ander214/index.htm

And

http://audioani.wix.com/drdb

Enjoy your k10s!

Feb 26, 2015 at 9:49 AM Post #8,710 of 36,064
My tax return was a much better result than I thought.  Once I get home from this business trip I think I will be looking for an audiologist on Long Island (Will head into NYC if needed) and let the Wizard have at it

Feb 26, 2015 at 10:03 AM Post #8,711 of 36,064
  My tax return was a much better result than I thought.  Once I get home from this business trip I think I will be looking for an audiologist on Long Island (Will head into NYC if needed) and let the Wizard have at it

Be careful, that dude does some amazing stuff and might make you too happy.

Feb 26, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #8,712 of 36,064
One can only hope.

Feb 26, 2015 at 11:02 AM Post #8,713 of 36,064
My K10s arrived today:

That's really beautiful! I'm not a huge fan of wooden faceplates, but that shell is simply magnificent. Gives me a very good idea of how a dark blue shell might look with silver glitter. That'll be something to consider for my next Noble purchase. :wink:

Feb 26, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #8,714 of 36,064
That's really beautiful! I'm not a huge fan of wooden faceplates, but that shell is simply magnificent. Gives me a very good idea of how a dark blue shell might look with silver glitter. That'll be something to consider for my next Noble purchase.
wink.gif

Probably important to note that it's silver nugget, not silver glitter. Glitter would look quite a bit different, I think.

Feb 26, 2015 at 11:40 PM Post #8,715 of 36,064
Sorry for asking this 
redface.gif

Do you think I will regret it if I went with the iem route. I have never use a ciem before and I have never found iem uncomfortable to use at all. I will be saving nearly 200$ if I went with the iem route. 100$ for the transportation and another 100 for the ear impression process. In addition I would like to know whether it is necessary to have a amp/dac/player to drive this iem. I will mainly be using this with my mobile phone and computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back