Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 3, 2014 at 1:29 AM Post #7,128 of 36,065
OK, color me stupid, but is that you, John?

If it isn't, one of them is in big trouble.
wink_face.gif

Dec 3, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #7,129 of 36,065
Different ball-game.

The TG!334 has slightly sweeter mids and image focus when it really hits its sweet spot in terms of source and track synergy, but the K10 is significantly better in terms of stage size, treble extension and quality, bass speed and quality (quantity is probably similar, but the TG!334 can sound a bit boomy at times due to its slower delivery), and overall balance. Best of all, the K10 sounds awesome no matter what you throw at it whereas I've found the TG!334 can swing from breathtaking on some tracks to merely very good on others.

All just my opinions from extensive TG!334 auditions (I REALLY wanted to love them, but kept being disappointed when they didn't perform as well across a wide range of genres). I'm keen to read other people's thoughts too

I've been thinking and I decided to buy tg334 hope I made the right choice!

Dec 3, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #7,132 of 36,065
Dec 3, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #7,134 of 36,065
You found the K10 better balanced between warm and sterile?

Not really sure what sterile means, but if it means bright, then yes.

The K10 is not as mid-centric, though. That being said, I listen exclusive to music with vocals, and the K10 was fine- the mids aren't recessed- they're just not as forward.

Dec 3, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #7,136 of 36,065
Hey all 

So I emailed Brannan and he said the Noble 6 would be a good bet. As universal. As I listen to instrumental which is a blend of live acoustic classical and 
electronic drones eg Stars of the Lid. 

Any people here have that model?  Any Shure se846 vs Noble 6 impressions? 

Dec 3, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #7,137 of 36,065

It has the treble extension, soundstage, speed and imaging of the HD800?

To be honest I don’t have a very high end amp for the HD800 or the LCD-XC. So the sound might not be exactly where it should be. My assessment is based on my current set up AK240>Pico DAC/Amp>HD800 or LCD-XC. The sound I got from the K10 directly connected to the AK240 produce a similar sound to my setup. Instruments are very clear. Vocal detail and clarity are exceptional. The only thing it didn’t have down was the imaging..

Dec 3, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #7,139 of 36,065
I have to the share this really off topic start to my December. Yesterday at Costco I was over having my lunch, as I do almost every day. I was eating with 2 employees that sat with me, first time that's ever happened. A lady stopped as she is walking by and tells me I have the most warmest and most genuine smile she has ever seen. She even said she saw it from way over there, assuming from the checkout line. I was floored, I told her that is the nicest compliment I have ever gotten, she didnt believe me, I said its true, most people hate me, of course she laughed.

Lets get to today, I have been an active member of a forum for 14 years, randomly today I got a private message from a mod telling me happy holidays. I go to read it and I was given a $20 gift code for Amazon by a poster you wants to remain anonymous. Just for my contributions to the forums, I entered the code and voila, its legit, VERY COOL gesture. Now as some of you know, I was also given 2 shirts from the Noble guys, just for posting in this thread, so in closing, I guess trying to be a good person, make me laugh can have its rewards, I am humbled and honored to receive these things.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back