Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 29, 2014 at 7:47 PM Post #7,054 of 36,115
Grabbed one of the ultra-thins at BF pricing to be delivered with my K10's. Figured it was worth the option value at that price and no extra shipping. Was tempted by the glow in the dark though!

Nov 29, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #7,055 of 36,115
Anyone have a comparison on K10 vs. N4? Is there a big difference or they are just tailored for different sound preferences?

In general sense based on what I've tried, the N4 is a more critical listening IEM that can double up as a near reference grade too if needed. It's good on vocal tracks but not on bass heavy genres such as EDM or dubstep. If paired well with a cable (that can improve the clarity and separation further), you'll be able to hear very fine details within the tracks. It's a bright IEM, so I personally get fatigue faster on the N4 but will usually have enough time to find the details I want before that happens.

I'm an owner of the K10 and I've spent a lot of time with the K10 demo unit from Music Sanctuary (in Singapore), it was the only Noble CIEM I wanted to buy (aside from the 4C with R switch). The K10 provides and overall feel of the track. Instead of pin pointing details like the N4 and VE6Xc (I own the VE), the K10 is able to show the overall detailing of a track instead. The bass is very satisfying (unlike the N4, but they were tuned for different purposes)
and able to extend very deep making it good for all genres especially EDM. Come to vocals and mids, you are able to hear the separation within but it's not meant to be distinctively felt but you know it's there. You can bring it out by reducing the bass (through swapping of cables) but I think the main strength of the K10 is in the overall vibe it provides. It's the sort of vibe can keep you up when you're dead tired and you can still smile and say "wow it sounds so good!" as the tonality is just so relaxing! The K10 also has good synergy with most cables, ranging from Double Helix Cables and Whiplash to PWaudio and Effect Audio. I am personally using a DHC Fusion V1 6 core to increase the overall performance of the K10 as a whole instead of individual strengths of the K10 whereas I know of a prestige owner that uses a silver cable to bring out even more detailing, while there's another K10 user who uses SPC cables to increase the bass while trying not to alter the rest of the K10 sound.

I hope this will helo you:)

Nov 30, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #7,056 of 36,115
I believe there is some misunderstanding. The reason why my team and I have stated that the backorder period is 2 months is that we are forecasting the demand and supply, and we would want to quote a longer period based on the potential demand due to the black friday sale.

And of course, my team and I believe in under-promising and over-delivering instead of the other way around. We do this to make sure that our customers will have mental preparation in case of any unexpected situation and a longer than manufacturer stated period will allow us to better handle the situation. 

We started as consumers and enthusiasts before going into this business, and we understand how it feels when you are promised X amount of turnaround/restocking period only to be told it will be delayed by Y amount when it's 1-2 weeks before the end of X period. But fret not, we are doing all we can to make sure customers like you can get your goodies as soon as possible.

Thanks bro. I appreciate it. I'm ok to wait. I just did not understand the dynamic that dealers had a separate queue.

Nov 30, 2014 at 6:10 PM Post #7,057 of 36,115
  To all the K10 users out there (and of course to Brannan and John), is there a headphone that captures the magic of the K10's sound? I was contemplating buying HD800s, but I feel like they're just a little too analytical for my tastes whereas the K10 is spot on. Are there any headphones that come close to the K10's overall presentation and sound quality?

PS I have T1s and LCD 2s which both come close in their own ways, but a little more stage size (compared to LCD 2) and smoothness (compared to T1) would be awesome

I own the LCD-X, and I just ordered the Kaiser 10 yesterday. I'll let you know how they compare! 

Nov 30, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #7,058 of 36,115
I'll do the same with my LCD-3F's when my K-10's arrive (hopefully) in the next week or two. Ordered them at RMAF so should be about time!

Nov 30, 2014 at 8:53 PM Post #7,061 of 36,115
  Just listening to the K10 with the Linum Music cable on the Aurender Flow! Very interesting combo and those LOWS... Mmmmhmmmmmm...

Any idea how the Aurender Flow compares against the Chord Hugo? I was planning to wait for the Aurender Flow to arrive before doing an A/B comparison, but I ended up pulling the trigger on the Chord Hugo over the weekend at the local exhibition. Heh.

Nov 30, 2014 at 9:17 PM Post #7,062 of 36,115

Any idea how the Aurender Flow compares against the Chord Hugo? I was planning to wait for the Aurender Flow to arrive before doing an A/B comparison, but I ended up pulling the trigger on the Chord Hugo over the weekend at the local exhibition. Heh.

For one thing, the Hugo is a bit more flat, this has a bit more oomph, slightly more musical to my ears at this moment. Though it has less inputs, only one output, it sounds really good!

Nov 30, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #7,063 of 36,115

For one thing, the Hugo is a bit more flat, this has a bit more oomph, slightly more musical to my ears at this moment. Though it has less inputs, only one output, it sounds really good!

Oh dammit.... I do believe that this is the part where buyers remorse comes in...

Shall need to do an A/B stat...

Dec 1, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #7,064 of 36,115

Oh dammit.... I do believe that this is the part where buyers remorse comes in...

Shall need to do an A/B stat...

Its still a first impression and my Hugo is with my friend, so we'll do the comparos...

Dec 1, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #7,065 of 36,115
I found a new con with the K10:

I'm sad to report that it is difficult to review anything with the K10 objectively because it makes anything sound so good...

Is that a con? xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back