Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 26, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #6,887 of 36,115
I was originally looking at JH, and they are not having a BF sale.  Thanks to the forum, I learned about Noble and their amazing products, service and most importantly, sound.  I also just spoke to Brannan- the co-owner who answered the phone- wow!  He answered all of my questions, and made me feel very comfortable and confident about my decision.  He recommended I email pics of the designs I was looking for, to ensure I was happy with the final product.  I have decided to do the K10, still working on a design. All this AND 15% off?  Hell yeah, I am moving forward. 

Nov 26, 2014 at 3:50 PM Post #6,890 of 36,115
Congrats mike!

@minnus, are you holding off so you can pay full price? I don't get it - a discount is a discount (not having a go at you, just don't understand)

I'm holding off till a more attractive offer is available. Historically, it was offered at 20% off during promotional periods. The Wizard design was also cheaper a few months ago if I remember correctly ($300 instead of $400). 

If it never drops back down...then I guess it was not meant to be!

Nov 26, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #6,892 of 36,115
Actually ljokerl warned me about that a few months ago when I asked him what would be a major improvement to my BA-200s.
I think going from the BA-200s to even the N4 or the 4C would be a major improvement!

Nov 26, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #6,893 of 36,115
Hey Loquah- I notice you are using the X5, e12DIY, and the k10.  As you know, I am about to order the k10, and also about to buy the x5 and e12DIY.  Would you recommend that DAP and amp?  I really like the fact that I can tweak the E12, and the x5 seems to be a great piece.  

Nov 26, 2014 at 4:21 PM Post #6,895 of 36,115
I would recommend them for the price, especially the E12DIY (with an OPA627 setup it is amazing with K10s). The X5 is a bit trickier... it's a great device, no doubt, but it's soundstage is a little compressed and it shows up a little with K10s so it depends a lot on your tastes in staging. The X5 is exceptional in every other way though and the E12DIY will let you tweak the soundstage significantly.

If you're interested in trying the X5 cheaply I'm actually selling mine and exchange rates make it a crazy deal for those outside Australia.

Nov 26, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #6,896 of 36,115
  Aw, just 15%? I think 20% is the sweet spot, especially since those were the sale prices of the past promotions. I will be holding off.

NO NOBLE FOR YOU!! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 26, 2014 at 5:24 PM Post #6,897 of 36,115
I think I read somewhere about the X5/soundstage.  If you don't mind me asking, which DAP are you switching  to?  I plan on ordering an X5 this weekend (looking for a BF deal).  Shoot me a PM with an offer on your, if you like.

Nov 26, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #6,899 of 36,115
  I think I read somewhere about the X5/soundstage.  If you don't mind me asking, which DAP are you switching  to?  I plan on ordering an X5 this weekend (looking for a BF deal).  Shoot me a PM with an offer on your, if you like.

to be honest the x5 by itself isn't great, but paired with a good amp it does sound good. Just sold off my kojo and pure 2 and while the differences are not large on an A/B, the immersiveness in a long listening session really falls. then again the kojo and pure 2 are significantly more expensive amps.

Nov 26, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #6,900 of 36,115
  I just keep looking at the Noble 6 universal too. That would be an easy choice as you would have that middle and bass taken care of...
It's just that extra money one needs to come up with!
ljokerl highly recommended the 4C, given my like of the TDK BA200s. I was just thinking with the extra discount it MAY be worth it to go to the Noble 5 Universal,
I am pretty sure the Noble 6 Universal is a bridge too far for me... Darn those medical bills and kid college, getting my way of what I really want! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Well, like others have mentioned, it really isnt about the number of drivers, in the BA world, apart from the K10, my favourite earphones would be the fitear 333 (3 driver) and fitear melomane (2BA). I have a self modded tzar 350 which i like a lot (cut the sibilance completely and gave it much stronger bass impact, but i shan't go there in this post :p).To me, even with 2 drivers, the melomane outperforms almost all BA earphones I have ever tried. Yes it does cost a bomb, but my point is that, its not the number of drivers but the implementation that counts. When I listen to these models with 2-3 BAs, I honestly for the life of me cannot hear any deficiency in their ability to cover the full frequency range. This led me to the conclusion that while 1 BA certainly cannot cover the full range, 2 drivers are good enough to cover the full range if implemented well.

Thus, what is important is the signature of the different iems, and while the 4 is tuned to be neutralish, the 5 is rather dark if i remember correctly. And no I believe you cannot reshell it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back