Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 9, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #6,316 of 36,065
I think the question is also the reference? Is it a live concert? Anyhow I have several CIEMS and iems for all moods, from what I would call non boosted bass (NT6) to quite boosted (MH335DW).

Now a more important question: can you do a Prestige with the Wizard wood on this faceplate, what is it called and how many rupees would it cost?

http://instagram.com/p/ucqYgpwjLO/

Nov 9, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #6,317 of 36,065
I think the question is also the reference? Is it a live concert? Anyhow I have several CIEMS and iems for all moods, from what I would call non boosted bass (NT6) to quite boosted (MH335DW).

Now a more important question: can you do a Prestige with the Wizard wood on this faceplate, what is it called and how many rupees would it cost?

http://instagram.com/p/ucqYgpwjLO/

PM sent

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Nov 9, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #6,318 of 36,065
more bass is def better rather than bass light.
so far from this thread at least i guess ive not much to worry about.
shouhd have gotten them this week
,but ups really cocked up,so ill have em monday now.one things for sure.
after all the discussing bass issue,if i come back saying bass is good and enough no one should doubt that afterwords:smiling_imp::blush:

Nov 9, 2014 at 12:34 PM Post #6,321 of 36,065
Sometimes 10 people = >10 opinions!!!

Nov 9, 2014 at 1:06 PM Post #6,322 of 36,065
  As others have tried to explain, off course there's bass in the K10. What I meant was, they won't artificially BOOST the bass, so you'll only hear the bass that's in the music. But unlike other "neutral" designs, the K10 will deliver eyeball-shaking, jaw-shattering bass if it's in the music. I don't think I've ever heard another headphone that did so well with delicate chamber music AND bass-thumping EDM.

Wow, that's quite a statement about the bass. Chamber music and small orchestras are my favorite kinds of music. It's something for me to look forward to when I get my K10 in mid-December. It's your review that sold me on saving up for this iem, Sorenslim.

Nov 9, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #6,323 of 36,065
more bass is def better rather than bass light.
so far from this thread at least i guess ive not much to worry about.
shouhd have gotten them this week
,but ups really cocked up,so ill have em monday now.one things for sure.
after all the discussing bass issue,if i come back saying bass is good and enough no one should doubt that afterwords:smiling_imp::blush:

Now that's for damn sure!

Nov 9, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #6,324 of 36,065
QFT

@girls generation - why do you keep telling him to look for something "cheap" if he wants bass? Just because something has bass doesn't make it cheap, i.e. Shure Se846, Tralucent Ref 1, asg g2, Heir 8.0 (which has plenty of bass and which is on the same wall of fame that the K10 is on), Noble 8c, and a slew of other (c)IEMS that have bass and aren't "cheap". I find your posts slightly arrogant, a little patronizing, and with an Heir, oops air of superiority, almost like your are a Noble...I mean royalty not the brand.

I forgot about JH audio, quite a few of their IEMS have bass, but I'm confused because you already referred to them as making cheap products, then said you had jh13 & jh16, which I believe you liked both...

No, I did not refer to them as cheap products. I mentioned the company to be toxic. I also said I prefer them over the Roxanne.

The point I am trying to make is that if you want boosted bass in all of your tracks, including ones that shouldn't even have the boost in the first place, you're not going to find an answer by spending more money. In my experience, the higher the fidelity the better the bass camouflage effect.

Speaker systems are different because they have dedicated subs which you can tune towards your preference. The subs also hit harder and go lower because of their size.

If my posts are arrogant and patronizing, then so be it because all I'm trying to do is convey an idea that seems to fly past the people its intended for. 

Let me make it as clear as possible: the Kaiser 10 has a very satisfying amount of bass WHEN the track was recorded so (dubstep, etc.). The Kaiser 10 does not produce massive bass WHEN the recording does not intend for it to (jazz, vocals, etc.). Like I said, cheaper products tend to display the same volume of bass on all tracks regardless of the recorded information so if you'd like to have such an effect, and not really care about the intricacies and minute details of a high fidelity headphone, there are other much more affordable options available to you that should satisfy your needs. Why buy a Bugatti Veyron if all you care for is 0-60 times and track performance, which you can get by spending a lot less via heavily modding a WRX STI?

I'm not trying to be an ******* but this is becoming a circle jerk and all I'm trying to do illuminate the enigma there is regarding the Kaiser 10 for those who haven't heard it yet.

This is my last post regarding this topic, I hope I've helped at least a tiny bit, @soundblast75. I hope you end up liking them when you receive them. 
beerchug.gif

Nov 9, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #6,325 of 36,065
No, I did not refer to them as cheap products. I mentioned the company to be toxic. I also said I prefer them over the Roxanne.

The point I am trying to make is that if you want boosted bass in all of your tracks, including ones that shouldn't even have the boost in the first place, you're not going to find an answer by spending more money. In my experience, the higher the fidelity the better the bass camouflage effect.

Speaker systems are different because they have dedicated subs which you can tune towards your preference. The subs also hit harder and go lower because of their size.

If my posts are arrogant and patronizing, then so be it because all I'm trying to do is convey an idea that seems to fly past the people its intended for. 

Let me make it as clear as possible: the Kaiser 10 has a very satisfying amount of bass WHEN the track was recorded so (dubstep, etc.). The Kaiser 10 does not produce massive bass WHEN the recording does not intend for it to (jazz, vocals, etc.). Like I said, cheaper products tend to display the same volume of bass on all tracks regardless of the recorded information so if you'd like to have such an effect, and not really care about the intricacies and minute details of a high fidelity headphone, there are other much more affordable options available to you that should satisfy your needs. Why buy a Bugatti Veyron if all you care for is 0-60 times and track performance, which you can get by spending a lot less via heavily modding a WRX STI?

I'm not trying to be an ******* but this is becoming a circle jerk and all I'm trying to do illuminate the enigma there is regarding the Kaiser 10 for those who haven't heard it yet.

This is my last post regarding this topic, I hope I've helped at least a tiny bit, @soundblast75. I hope you end up liking them when you receive them. :beerchug:

So you won't describe them as warm, then?

Nov 9, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #6,326 of 36,065
So you won't describe them as warm, then?

It's very difficult to sum the K10 up with one word. It's not warm, but it's not cold. It's not bright, but it's not dark. It's not fast, but it's not slow. It's not bass heavy but it's not bass light. I believe (this is my personal opinion) that the Kaiser 10 is the embodiment of 'balance.' 
confused_face.gif

Nov 9, 2014 at 1:32 PM Post #6,327 of 36,065
It surprises me that some people in this thread are voicing such a strong opinion on something they haven't even received yet, let alone properly listened to!
And others seem to discount all the other (outstanding) reviews of the K10 and will form an opinion on what that one person will post.
I'm sure if there is bass in the music the K10s will deliver it with finesse without over emphasising bass for the sake of it and when it's not already present in the music.
And I'm basing my opinion on reviews from people who actually have K10s to put in their ears and evaluate, then post their findings on forums like this, thus helping people like me to spend hard earned on works of art that they shouldn't really spend so much on.
I hope that when people, myself included, receive their Nobles they will feel the expense is justified.
Enjoy the music guys and gals :wink:

Nov 9, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #6,328 of 36,065
Nobody is saying anything bad. Soundblast75 was asking a question, and it turned into this. He asked if it would be thin sounding at times and asked for an explanation of "bass is there only when it's called for". I think it's a legitimate question and concern, as it's one I've had myself since I love bass. Being told to purchase something "cheaper" is not a good suggestion when he already purchased the K10. I am dropping it at this point and I apologize to all involved if I added more fuel to the fire.

Nov 9, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #6,329 of 36,065
It's very difficult to sum the K10 up with one word. It's not warm, but it's not cold. It's not bright, but it's not dark. It's not fast, but it's not slow. It's not bass heavy but it's not bass light. I believe (this is my personal opinion) that the Kaiser 10 is the embodiment of 'balance.' :confused_face:

Sound mildly U-shaped :p
Nothing wrong with that =)

I'll actually like to hear it, if just to confirm some thoughts, but I have no real interest in buying one.

neither ref1 or se846 or merlin etc don't artificially or badly boost bass,it's a matter of preference.
the way I see it,when I play an album on my Naim set up at home without any EQ I hear a lot of rumble,this is the point to have 10 drivers and 2 dedicated ones for bass,so like a speaker with dedicated bass or a live gig where you"feel" bass I don't see(and this is why I pay top dollar) why a 10 driver won't try and replicate that feeling,but would instead only by the sound of it ocasionaly appear.
that's Def not how it is I a music system.
it's a matter of preference of course but I care less about voices in your face and ultra details,I would like that too,but mainly..you gotta have that basic high end system feel,otherwise,we are talking about crossovers,coherence,bad implementation etc

I would think that would be physically impossible. Bass output from a large speaker literally will affect your entire body due to the sound waves being external. Impossible for an IEM which will not affect anything past your ears and the bones around them.

Not to say that you can't get great and satisfying bass from an IEM, but if you're expecting that, I'd lower expectations before being expensively disappointed. No offense meant.

and back to the K10

The N5 has one single bass driver, and it  hammers out bass like Thor striking down his enemies, the K10, has the same bass driver as the N5 (except x 2 drivers per side)  Performing at 20 Hz for the K10, is like asking an elephant to crush a pecan....      absolutely not a challenge.   (The K10 will in fact go below 20 Hz)

I don't ever recall anyone claiming the bass response on the K10 is anemic.   If someone found it to be too bass light, well there are other products in the Noble line up that are more suitable for bass hungry folks.   For me, the K10 strikes a great balance, and performs extremely well across many genres.....   In fact, I often forget that it does, until I play some EDM, or something with some great drums.....  and then I am reminded.....   I'm not dealing with a common denominator.

Would you care to clarify that in terms of amplitude difference in reference to 1000Hz?

My point being that even if one can hear say 18Hz, if it produces it at 25dB under 1000Hz while there is a lot of midrange action happening in a song, its not really usable.

Nov 9, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #6,330 of 36,065
It's very difficult to sum the K10 up with one word. It's not warm, but it's not cold. It's not bright, but it's not dark. It's not fast, but it's not slow. It's not bass heavy but it's not bass light. I believe (this is my personal opinion) that the Kaiser 10 is the embodiment of 'balance.' :confused_face:

That sounds like a fair assessment. I am apologizing to you for my earlier comments, cheers!!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back