Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 8, 2014 at 7:19 PM Post #6,286 of 36,097
At the end of the day we aren't comparing beats to a 10 drivers iem.
Explaining about not bleeding into the midrange is not something I expect from a 1600 iem.
We are hopefully comparing to other iems in the same league that do have high quality and quantity bass all the time,not some unknown entity named "when called for"

Nov 8, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #6,287 of 36,097
Well..I see we'll be getting nowhere here fan boys. .I shan't be bothering your delicate to bass ears again:smiling_imp:

Then don't ask questions. If you have already formed your opinion that the K10s have some sort of flaw with their bass and are not prepared to change said opinion then there is no point in asking people about it.

I apologize for the lack of elaboration, it's just a term used so commonly on Head-Fi, and I guess it just takes time to get used to all these terms used when describing headphones.

Bass is of course present, it cannot not be present in a normal track. However, what determines the quality of the headphone is when the bass is not boosted all the time. Low-end headphones tend to just present their sounds on a plate and hand it over to you for you to swallow. This boosted bass is ever present in all tracks, even those which don't call for any. High end headphones such as the K10 are capable of producing satisfying amounts of bass when the track calls for it, but also can be quite calm when told to be. 

Hope you understand what I'm trying to say and maybe in the future would consider pondering more about descriptions made by others who have a good amount of experience instead of writing it off like it's completely wrong. It can come out as rude and disrespectful.

Cool story, if something doesn't completely explain what you mean then don't be surprised when people don't understand your point. Also, I don't really care if I have offended you, my opinion is just as valid as yours regardless of how much "experience" you have had.

Nov 8, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #6,288 of 36,097
Well..I see we'll be getting nowhere here fan boys. .I shan't be bothering your delicate to bass ears again:smiling_imp:

Undeniable truths:

1.  the K10 CIEM now holds a position on the Wall of Fame by Innerfedility (a second of one of my designs to have this distinction)
  2.  the K10  is currently ranked the number one CIEM on head-fi.org

We aren't sleeping yet, there is more around the next corner.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Nov 8, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #6,291 of 36,097
I do own it but the stupid ups screwed the delivery so i have to wait till mond to hear finally is there or is there not any bass or ill end up listening to vocal and instrumentals only
wink_face.gif

Nov 9, 2014 at 5:56 AM Post #6,292 of 36,097
@soundblast75 What people are talking about is the particular tuning of bass in a pair of headphones or IEMs. Bass covers a lot of the frequency range, from 20 Hz up to about 200 Hz or so. In IEMs what drivers are used and how they are configured and how the frequency response is set up all adds up to one's impressions of how music is reproduced. I suggest playing around with an EQ on your computer or DAP and experimenting with this yourself. Different types of music will be affected differently.

Nov 9, 2014 at 6:09 AM Post #6,293 of 36,097
@soundblast75
 What people are talking about is the particular tuning of bass in a pair of headphones or IEMs. Bass covers a lot of the frequency range, from 20 Hz up to about 200 Hz or so. In IEMs what drivers are used and how they are configured and how the frequency response is set up all adds up to one's impressions of how music is reproduced. I suggest playing around with an EQ on your computer or DAP and experimenting with this yourself. Different types of music will be affected differently.

well Currawong,you are right there,it is now very clear to me despite of the 2 dedicated drivers I'm unlikely to enjoy a real rumble down there without eqing..which is just such a shame,thanks for your post

Nov 9, 2014 at 6:15 AM Post #6,294 of 36,097
well Currawong,you are right there,it is now very clear to me despite of the 2 dedicated drivers I'm unlikely to enjoy a real rumble down there without eqing..which is just such a shame,thanks for your post

I have to say you are acting kinda weird. You most likely ordered your K10 weeks ago, you still haven't received it and heard it but suddenly two days ago you decide to worry and even complain about the bass? 
confused.gif

Nov 9, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #6,295 of 36,097
I have to say you are acting kinda weird. You most likely ordered your K10 weeks ago, you still haven't received it and heard it but suddenly two days ago you decide to worry and even complain about the bass? :confused:

kova4,I've so many IEMs of the highest kind and when I have serious peeps pming me saying they don't I worry..nothing weird bratche

Nov 9, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #6,296 of 36,097
kova4,I've so many IEMs of the highest kind and when I have serious peeps pming me saying they don't I worry..nothing weird bratche

Just hang in there until you receive them, you'll find out your answer soon enough. Sticking in here won't really answer much for you and the thread is active with Noble owners, so you're paddling up a downward stream. Though don't worry, I understand your concern.

Nov 9, 2014 at 6:37 AM Post #6,297 of 36,097
Just hang in there until you receive them, you'll find out your answer soon enough. Sticking in here won't really answer much for you and the thread is active with Noble owners, so you're paddling up a downward stream. Though don't worry, I understand your concern.

thanks man,that much is clear,apreciate your support:thumbsup:
I might like them,you never know but if I don't ,this clearly is not the place to say it:wink:

Nov 9, 2014 at 6:57 AM Post #6,299 of 36,097
As others have tried to explain, off course there's bass in the K10. What I meant was, they won't artificially BOOST the bass, so you'll only hear the bass that's in the music. But unlike other "neutral" designs, the K10 will deliver eyeball-shaking, jaw-shattering bass if it's in the music. I don't think I've ever heard another headphone that did so well with delicate chamber music AND bass-thumping EDM.

Nov 9, 2014 at 7:20 AM Post #6,300 of 36,097
As others have tried to explain, off course there's bass in the K10. What I meant was, they won't artificially BOOST the bass, so you'll only hear the bass that's in the music. But unlike other "neutral" designs, the K10 will deliver eyeball-shaking, jaw-shattering bass if it's in the music. I don't think I've ever heard another headphone that did so well with delicate chamber music AND bass-thumping EDM.

neither ref1 or se846 or merlin etc don't artificially or badly boost bass,it's a matter of preference.
the way I see it,when I play an album on my Naim set up at home without any EQ I hear a lot of rumble,this is the point to have 10 drivers and 2 dedicated ones for bass,so like a speaker with dedicated bass or a live gig where you"feel" bass I don't see(and this is why I pay top dollar) why a 10 driver won't try and replicate that feeling,but would instead only by the sound of it ocasionaly appear.
that's Def not how it is I a music system.
it's a matter of preference of course but I care less about voices in your face and ultra details,I would like that too,but mainly..you gotta have that basic high end system feel,otherwise,we are talking about crossovers,coherence,bad implementation etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Back