Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 7, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #6,271 of 36,065

Does the K10 have more or less overall bass presence than the JH13 fp?  I've assumed, from what I've read, that the K10 has more, which for me would put it too far from a neutral signature, as the JH13 fp is quite bassy, but very enjoyable, to me.  Anyway curious about the K10, as it seems to be the most accomplished tuning of the Noble line up, especially in treble from what I've read.

No, it does not. JH13FP was actually very bassy, like you mentioned. I don't deny it was quite fun listening to, however. K10 was very well balanced, much more so than the 'Freqphase' JH13 the JH16FP via JH3A with the bass turned all the way down. That isn't to say that the K10 is lacking bass, it is very present, comes out when it's supposed to, and retreats when it's not required.

Nov 7, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #6,272 of 36,065
  Here's my Kaiser 10. 

Thanks to the whole Noble Audio Team for the great job!!!

Congrats! Welcome to the family. 

Nov 8, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #6,274 of 36,065
I am sorry guys,don't take this as a negative approach, but I really don't get the

"No bass when not required"

it's not like acoustic or programmed bass just desapears in a pice of music and only is "required" when you listen to say dubstep or something.
bass is always present even in the orchestra music I play myself all the time. It doesn't just come and go...

Nov 8, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #6,276 of 36,065
I am sorry guys,don't take this as a negative approach, but I really don't get the

it's not like acoustic or programmed bass just desapears in a pice of music and only is "required" when you listen to say dubstep or something.
bass is always present even in the orchestra music I play myself all the time. It doesn't just come and go...

In all the music that has had any meaning for me, the bass comes and goes rather than being some constant wall which would be very boring for me after a while. What do you think a beat is but a pulse which goes on and off, no?
I don't know what kind of orchestral music you listen to, but the bass is NOT always there, but comes and goes and sometimes offers surprises by its appearance or lack.
It isn't just Yin, nor yang, but yin and yang!

Nov 8, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #6,277 of 36,065
No, it does not. JH13FP was actually very bassy, like you mentioned. I don't deny it was quite fun listening to, however. K10 was very well balanced, much more so than the 'Freqphase' JH13 the JH16FP via JH3A with the bass turned all the way down. That isn't to say that the K10 is lacking bass, it is very present, comes out when it's supposed to, and retreats when it's not required.

Thanks. It seems I need to hear the K10 at some point. I'm definitely intrigued.

Nov 8, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #6,278 of 36,065

Awesome and logical question.

It's an unfortunately pervasive way of saying that the bass is not so boosted and/nor forwardly imaged that it'll make it appear as though the low frequencies inherent in most music, as you mentioned, will be overshadowing the other frequencies or drawing undue attention to themselves at all or most times, especially and usually referring to the midrange, in critical passages featuring said other frequencies within said music.

Please continue to enjoy your time here.

Nov 8, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #6,279 of 36,065

Ignore people who say the bass isn't there when it's not required. I have listened to pretty much all the main genres out there, including orchestral/chamber/baroque/etc, and the bass is always there in plenty of quantity and quality. If there is any lack of bass then the song wasn't produced to have any and there is nothing you can do it about it. If a track has bass/sub-bass you will hear it with K10s like you haven't ever before (unless you have the Shure SE846 which is almost on par with K10).

Nov 8, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #6,280 of 36,065
Awesome and logical question.

It's an unfortunately pervasive way of saying that the bass is not so boosted and/nor forwardly imaged that it'll make it appear as though the low frequencies inherent in most music, as you mentioned, will be overshadowing the other frequencies or drawing undue attention to itself at all or most times, especially and usually referring to the midrange, in critical passages featuring said other frequencies within said music.

Please continue to your time here.

Great description!

Nov 8, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #6,281 of 36,065
Great description!

post-36873-youre-a-kind-man-gif-Quick-and-2jnR.gif

This thread was running low on Leo.

Nov 8, 2014 at 7:04 PM Post #6,283 of 36,065
Ignore people who say the bass isn't there when it's not required. I have listened to pretty much all the main genres out there, including orchestral/chamber/baroque/etc, and the bass is always there in plenty of quantity and quality. If there is any lack of bass then the song wasn't produced to have any and there is nothing you can do it about it. If a track has bass/sub-bass you will hear it with K10s like you haven't ever before (unless you have the Shure SE846 which is almost on par with K10).

Well..I see we'll be getting nowhere here fan boys. .I shan't be bothering your delicate to bass ears again:smiling_imp:

Nov 8, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #6,284 of 36,065

I apologize for the lack of elaboration, it's just a term used so commonly on Head-Fi, and I guess it just takes time for new audiophiles to get used to all these terms used when describing headphones.

Bass is of course present, it cannot not be present in a normal track. However, what determines the quality of the headphone is when the bass is not boosted all the time. Low-end headphones tend to just present their sounds on a plate and hand it over to you for you to swallow. This boosted bass is ever present in all tracks, even those which don't call for any. High end headphones such as the K10 are capable of producing satisfying amounts of bass when the track calls for it, but also can be quite calm when told to be. 

Hope you understand what I'm trying to say and maybe in the future would consider pondering more about descriptions made by others who have a good amount of experience instead of writing it off like it's completely wrong. It can come out as rude and disrespectful.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back