Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 6, 2014 at 5:35 PM Post #6,241 of 36,097
Myself because the Roxanne actually sucked. My JH13 and JH16 were better overall as an actual listenable piece of gear.

I actually have the custom Roxannes and I dont like them as much as the JH13FP.

Though I do note that a friend of mine totally loves them so as usual YMMV. Me I go Noble. XD

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:01 PM Post #6,242 of 36,097
It's Friday and here to help you ease into that weekend state of mind is a set of Prestige!​
 ​
Belonging to our dear friend and colleague Calvin of Music Sanctuary hailing from Singapore, these Prestige feature Wizard's favorite Buckeye Burl. Solid Buckeye on the left, Buckeye and molten magma on the right, plus a kiss of wood in the right canal. A masterful demonstration of form, function, and art.​
 ​
If you are local, be sure to arrange a showing with Calvin himself. Otherwise, savor the weekend everyone and take good care!​
 ​
 ​

​
 ​
 ​
 ​

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:03 PM Post #6,243 of 36,097

It's Friday and here to help you ease into that weekend state of mind is a set of Prestige!​
 ​
Belonging to our dear friend and colleague Calvin of Music Sanctuary hailing from Singapore, these Prestige feature Wizard's favorite Buckeye Burl. Solid Buckeye on the left, Buckeye and molten magma on the right, plus a kiss of wood in the right canal. A masterful demonstration of form, function, and art.​
 ​
If you are local, be sure to arrange a showing with Calvin himself. Otherwise, savor the weekend everyone and take good care!​
 ​
 ​

​
 ​
 ​
 ​

woah

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #6,244 of 36,097

Belonging to our dear friend and colleague Calvin of [COLOR=2D4486]Music Sanctuary [/COLOR]hailing from Singapore, these Prestige feature Wizard's favorite Buckeye Burl. Solid Buckeye on the left, Buckeye and molten magma on the right, plus a kiss of wood in the right canal. A masterful demonstration of form, function, and art.​

[COLOR=FF4400]
[/COLOR]

Brannan you weren't joking when you said you'd wow me away on Friday!

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #6,246 of 36,097
Picked up my K10s today, going through an initial listen as I write this and I all I can say is.............

.........I am floored. I have come from the Shure SE846 and the K10s take my music to the next level. I look forward to rediscovering my favourite music :D

Dear Wizard, I don't know how you have achieved this fine piece of sorcery, but with each new IEM I have purchased I spent a lot of time ensuring I was going up to that "next step" in sound quality and to be honest, I feel like I have reached the end game here and there is no 'next step' for me to find. Well done :)

I shall be posting my impressions after I have given these things I thorough listen.

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #6,247 of 36,097
Picked up my K10s today, going through an initial listen as I write this and I all I can say is.............

.........I am floored. I have come from the Shure SE846 and the K10s take my music to the next level. I look forward to rediscovering my favourite music :D

Dear Wizard, I don't know how you have achieved this fine piece of sorcery, but with each new IEM I have purchased I spent a lot of time ensuring I was going up to that "next step" in sound quality and to be honest, I feel like I have reached the end game here and there is no 'next step' for me to find. Well done :)

I shall be posting my impressions after I have given these things I thorough listen.

I am happy that somebody else feels the same way as i do abour the differences between the 846 and the K10. You are in for a treat!

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:39 PM Post #6,248 of 36,097

They aren't. I'd risk even saying they're atrocious and toxic as a company. But this is the Noble thread so back on track.

K10 isn't a very impressive headphone. That is, it won't wow away the majority right away but shines when the listener can appreciate sound quality as a whole and not just some bumps and dips in the FR that makes a can sound 'velvety' or 'exciting.' It's very well-balanced in that nothing pokes out. It sacrifices nothing and does everything well. It won't 'specialize' in a genre because it wasn't meant to, but it will present sound that is just exquisite with any genre thrown at (except death metal because of speed). If you can listen for and appreciate imaging, layering, elegance, details, PRaT, 3D soundstage, separation, presentation, and coherency, you will like the K10. If you're looking for something exciting and just listen to one or two genres then maybe it's not for you.

Mustang vs. Mercedes. Choose.

Awesome mini-review GG. You've confirmed everything I suspected about the K10. I now know I MUST have it.
evil_smiley.gif

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:46 PM Post #6,249 of 36,097
I am happy that somebody else feels the same way as i do abour the differences between the 846 and the K10. You are in for a treat!

Thanks for that :)

My biggest concern, as I'm sure it is for most SE846 owners who are interested in the K10, is that I would no longer have the SE846 bass, that booming yet amazingly detailed sub-bass, the bass that we all come to love! I was so afraid that I would miss it so much that I would end up feeling like I had to go back to the SE846 for bass heavy tracks.

Fortunately the K10, at least to my ears, has the same quantity of bass, just much more quality. Additionally vocals have such emotion behind them, and the highs are reproduced flawlessly.

I've gone through and tried all the following artists (below) and the K10s have made their music come alive in ways I've never heard before, and I've listened to them a lot. Not once I have felt a lack of bass or noticed anything I haven't liked :)

Linkin park, Beyonce, Bob Dylan, Emeli Sande, Ellie Goulding, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Chris Brown, Elton John, Daft Punk, Armin Van Buuren, Tiesto, Scar Symmetry, Avantasia, The National, The Antlers, Coldplay, Breaking Benjamin, 30 Seconds To Mars, Katy Perry

Nov 6, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #6,250 of 36,097

Linkin park, Beyonce, Bob Dylan, Emeli Sande, Ellie Goulding, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Chris Brown, Elton John, Daft Punk, Armin Van Buuren, Tiesto, Scar Symmetry, Avantasia, The National, The Antlers, Coldplay, Breaking Benjamin, 30 Seconds To Mars, Katy Perry

All great, try this as well
beerchug.gif

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Nov 7, 2014 at 5:00 AM Post #6,253 of 36,097
Well if we're sharing stuff that new K10 owners need to check out, then y'all know I have to post this one:

Nov 7, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #6,255 of 36,097
yeah, until now, no matter what instrument or sound, they amazes me. Currently at work, busy busy busy. But I feel that at least 50% of the K10 price should be covered by mr. bossman. My concentration has doubled.. 

Are you considering a pair of ciem's, look no further. These are your answer. Go for it.  Food can be second priority for a while. 

Thanks Noble people. Stay proud! 

Quote:
  Well if we're sharing stuff that new K10 owners need to check out, then y'all know I have to post this one:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back