Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 6, 2014 at 6:51 AM Post #6,226 of 36,065
My K10 unis are in UK but held in ups.
not back home till mond anyway.
the BASS really worries me tho,I expect to hear none,especially next to Ref1.
tho Brannan told me bass is more than SE846 it doesn't seem to be the general opinion.I need bass.not just texture and extension.BASS!:)

Nov 6, 2014 at 7:08 AM Post #6,227 of 36,065
tho Brannan told me bass is more than SE846 it doesn't seem to be the general opinion.I need bass.not just texture and extension.BASS!
smily_headphones1.gif

If it's in the music, you'll get your bass, trust me. 
cool.gif

Nov 6, 2014 at 7:23 AM Post #6,228 of 36,065
If it's in the music, you'll get your bass, trust me. :cool:

I realize that,but I hate it when it goes thin the rest of the time with most balanced armature of the kind.hopefully this isn't the case here.

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #6,229 of 36,065
soundblast75 Since we have the same concern, I'll be paying close attention to your impressions. I've gone back and forth with myself for months over the K10s for this reason... Although now with the universal option available it makes it easier, order that and if I don't like I can sell it, if I do, I will still sell it and get the custom version. Win-win for me.

Nov 6, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #6,230 of 36,065
soundblast75 Since we have the same concern, I'll be paying close attention to your impressions. I've gone back and forth with myself for months over the K10s for this reason... Although now with the universal option available it makes it easier, order that and if I don't like I can sell it, if I do, I will still sell it and get the custom version. Win-win for me.

I think with anything this pricey a trial period is due,but with Ref1 is not possible and Noble it seems has a %20 fee on returns:frowning2:
I'm possibly regretting byuing these before hearing it I'm afraid,yet if you hear I loved it,you'll know what to do:))

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:03 AM Post #6,231 of 36,065
Best of luck to you bro!! If they do have the same slam as the 8s, I'd be very happy, more bass... I'd be beyond very happy. I suppose the 20% restocking fee is not that bad, but you could probably sell them here for a smaller loss I'd imagine.

Nov 6, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #6,232 of 36,065
tho Brannan told me bass is more than SE846 it doesn't seem to be the general opinion.I need bass.not just texture and extension.BASS!
smily_headphones1.gif

Best of luck to you bro!! If they do have the same slam as the 8s, I'd be very happy, more bass... I'd be beyond very happy. I suppose the 20% restocking fee is not that bad, but you could probably sell them here for a smaller loss I'd imagine.

PMed both of you.

Nov 6, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #6,233 of 36,065
I realize that,but I hate it when it goes thin the rest of the time with most balanced armature of the kind.hopefully this isn't the case here.

A good headphone is when the bass comes out when it's needed, and isn't abundant when unnecessary. The track calls for a certain amount of bass and the K10 will present it, but it won't add more bass to an already bass-lacking track. The K10 displayed a very satisfying amount of well-controlled bass with some of my bass-heavy dubstep/electronic music, but it wasn't so with my jazz or vocal tracks.

If you're looking to have a lot of bass for all your tracks no matter the genre and track quality then I suggest you look into poorly made headphones such as the Roxanne.

Nov 6, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #6,234 of 36,065
That's fine, if you've heard it yet. Hopefully you have before making that statement.

Ps. JH Audio a top company? :D
[/quot
you will be the first person to say they aren't

Nov 6, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #6,235 of 36,065

That's fine, if you've heard it yet. Hopefully you have before making that statement.

Ps. JH Audio a top company? 
biggrin.gif

[/quot
you will be the first person to say they aren't

They aren't. I'd risk even saying they're atrocious and toxic as a company. But this is the Noble thread so back on track.

K10 isn't a very impressive headphone. That is, it won't wow away the majority right away but shines when the listener can appreciate sound quality as a whole and not just some bumps and dips in the FR that makes a can sound 'velvety' or 'exciting.' It's very well-balanced in that nothing pokes out. It sacrifices nothing and does everything well. It won't 'specialize' in a genre because it wasn't meant to, but it will present sound that is just exquisite with any genre thrown at (except death metal because of speed). If you can listen for and appreciate imaging, layering, elegance, details, PRaT, 3D soundstage, separation, presentation, and coherency, you will like the K10. If you're looking for something exciting and just listen to one or two genres then maybe it's not for you.

Mustang vs. Mercedes. Choose.

Nov 6, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #6,236 of 36,065
That's better.
BTW somethings wrong and tho I'm subscribed it doesn't come up in my subscribtions, apologies if I'm late at responding.
anyhow, I like quality and present bass,not cheap and have spend thousands on iems,if k10 isn't what am after its going back.
or someone in uk/eu can buy it from me I guess.
but how easy it is to sell:wink:?

Nov 6, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #6,237 of 36,065
That's better.
BTW somethings wrong and tho I'm subscribed it doesn't come up in my subscribtions, apologies if I'm late at responding.
anyhow, I like quality and present bass,not cheap and have spend thousands on iems,if k10 isn't what am after its going back.

Give them a thorough review with your favourite tracks. It's either 20% restocking fee, or reselling for around USD1000-1100. However, Noble doesn't offer for their ownership transfer service gold nuggets and an array of other custom aesthetic features that usually come with the price of a new pair so resale value won't be extremely high. In terms of how easy it is to sell? Usually K10s are gone by the next day whenever it comes up in the classifieds. :)

Nov 6, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #6,238 of 36,065
Myself because the Roxanne actually sucked. My JH13 and JH16 were better overall as an actual listenable piece of gear.

I found this to be the case as well, based on my listening experience.

I feel like the K10 is better tuned to sound better with more types of music.

Nov 6, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #6,239 of 36,065
That's better.

Due to the fact Noble has yet to have a dealer in the UK, I'd guess they would sell fairly fast, as they are highly sought after, but a bit difficult to obtain in the UK.

Give them a thorough review with your favourite tracks. It's either 20% restocking fee, or reselling for around USD1000-1100. However, Noble doesn't offer for their ownership transfer service gold nuggets and an array of other custom aesthetic features that usually come with the price of a new pair so resale value won't be extremely high. In terms of how easy it is to sell? Usually K10s are gone by the next day whenever it comes up in the classifieds. :)

Yes, & No

In theory, one could purchase a "wizard design" when excersizing the ownership transfer service. that being said, it would probably be more economically prudent to purchase a new Noble.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Nov 6, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #6,240 of 36,065
Yes, & No

In theory, one could purchase a "wizard design" when excersizing the ownership transfer service. that being said, it would probably be more economically prudent to purchase a new Noble.

Bad wording on my part. That is exactly what I did after finding out about the above. Seemed to me that getting one of your masterpieces with the additional fee was a better option than paying the fees for my own art since even with the purchase of a new set of K10 I would need to pay the same price to get a Wizard design. 
tongue.gif
 First year microeconomics logic anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back