Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 24, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #3,752 of 36,055
Apr 24, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #3,753 of 36,055
  Justttt a question, if you really like the SE535 after you have demo-ed them, is there any reason why you still insist on purchasing a Noble product? Just curious.

Yes, for example, K10 is several levels above SE535. there isn't really any comparison here.

Apr 24, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #3,755 of 36,055
Yes, for example, K10 is several levels above SE535. there isn't really any comparison here.

My question was for Calvin specifically since it will be his first big purchase thus, I assume his experience with high end IEM might be limited ( I'm sorry Calvin, I am not trying to be condescending here, totally having a hard time trying to express what I think ...). As such, I just want to know why he insists on getting a Noble product ...

And of course I know the K10 is several level up, if not I wont even be waiting for mine to arrive :p

Apr 24, 2014 at 8:07 PM Post #3,759 of 36,055
Feel like I'm digging a hole for myself honestly ... don't get me wrong, I really like Noble and K10 will be my first recommendation to anyone who is looking for a CIEM but, my take on Calvin situation is:
1/ He wont be able to demo Noble product anytime soon
2/ He tried a few products, found one he likes
3/ While he hasn't heard Noble product before, he pretty much insits on getting one and limit his option to Noble only( that's what I'm assuming)

Furthermore, he also stated that this will be his big investment for many years to come, thus, I asked why he insisted on Noble. Now, let's say, he buy the N4 and find that, he likes the SE535 more, what will he do? Of course it is better ti research for as much information as you can but, we all hear different things and one person preference might not be another one so I don't want him to make his decision based on just reviews alone, especially when his experience might not be vast to know exacty what kind of sound he like.

I'm not trying to sound condescending nor implying I hace more exp or whatever, that is just my 2 cents as I don't want ppl to make the mistake of buying on hype alone ( even though Noble definitely merits the hype)

Apr 25, 2014 at 2:14 AM Post #3,760 of 36,055
Feel like I'm digging a hole for myself honestly ... don't get me wrong, I really like Noble and K10 will be my first recommendation to anyone who is looking for a CIEM but, my take on Calvin situation is:
3/ While he hasn't heard Noble product before, he pretty much insits on getting one and limit his option to Noble only( that's what I'm assuming)

Furthermore, he also stated that this will be his big investment for many years to come, thus, I asked why he insisted on Noble. Now, let's say, he buy the N4 and find that, he likes the SE535 more, what will he do? Of course it is better ti research for as much information as you can but, we all hear different things and one person preference might not be another one so I don't want him to make his decision based on just reviews alone, especially when his experience might not be vast to know exacty what kind of sound he like.

I'm not trying to sound condescending nor implying I hace more exp or whatever, that is just my 2 cents as I don't want ppl to make the mistake of buying on hype alone ( even though Noble definitely merits the hype)

+1. I understand the situation, it was similar to my case ( there is not demo for noble product).
and when i was sill digging the sound signature that i like ,  i spend a lot about it . i will say it's a journey
My advice is buy it happily ( that is what u want).

Apr 25, 2014 at 2:49 AM Post #3,761 of 36,055
Thanks for pointing out those points. And that is really hard because I'm in such a situation, sorry for disturbing you guys due to this situation. Like Minhminh said, I did not have a chance to audition many earphones and my knowledge is quite limited, and I can't really describe a sound signature. The best stuff that I auditioned is SE535, UE900 and XBA-H3, found that the UE900's bass is not so pleasant, and feels very light overall, for SE535, what I felt is it is very enjoyable, bass feels good and sounds full ( maybe that's what they said about the SE535 mids) and the fitting is just nice for my ear. For the sony, idk, I just don't really like it and it is sticking out of the ear vertically and not comfortable at all.
* I tried all of these with iPhone 5 alone with Accudio Pro app, no preset. Tried with some One Republic, Bruno Mars, Lana Del Ray, Adele, Linkin Park, The Piano Guys song.

Apr 25, 2014 at 3:12 AM Post #3,762 of 36,055
I would love to hear what you think of your K10's paired with Hugo.
The more the better. Every juicy detail please
smily_headphones1.gif

I would love to try the Hugo with my K10 but whenever I consider it I'm reminded of the advice my dad gave me when he came home in his first Audi: "My son; never test drive a car you can't afford." For now, I'm driving the K10 with my DX90/PB2 (topkit) combo. Complete and utter bliss, but at an almost sane price. 

Thanks for pointing out those points. And that is really hard because I'm in such a situation, sorry for disturbing you guys due to this situation. Like Minhminh said, I did not have a chance to audition many earphones and my knowledge is quite limited, and I can't really describe a sound signature. The best stuff that I auditioned is SE535, UE900 and XBA-H3, found that the UE900's bass is not so pleasant, and feels very light overall, for SE535, what I felt is it is very enjoyable, bass feels good and sounds full ( maybe that's what they said about the SE535 mids) and the fitting is just nice for my ear. For the sony, idk, I just don't really like it and it is sticking out of the ear vertically and not comfortable at all.
* I tried all of these with iPhone 5 alone with Accudio Pro app, no preset. Tried with some One Republic, Bruno Mars, Lana Del Ray, Adele, Linkin Park, The Piano Guys song.

I usually live (and die) by the creed "Buy The Best And Only Cry Once" but there's a bit more to it with headphones: First you need to find out which headphone is the best for you. I've heard the almighty Stax SR-009, the $5000 flagship that requires a $5000 flagship amp. Female vocals were spine-tinglingly amazing but when I put on Daft Punk or Rammstein, they left me wanting. For much of my music I preferred the LCD 2 v2 from a solid state amp, but with some things the HD800 on a nice Woo tube amp was just the thing. 

The best advice I can give is to try as many headphones as you can. By them used, try them out, then sell with little to no loss. Each time you find out what each  headphone does well and where it's lacking. Then you can start zeroing in on The One as you become more and more aware of your personal preferences. At some point you will either stumble into Aural Nirvana or realize that you need that $2000 Flagship X mk II in your life and start saving up. And while you're saving up, read as many reviews as you can of Flagship X mk II. When you find a particularly good review, then start reading the other reviews written by that person, to see if you even hear things the same way. Lots and lots of classic music buffs praise the HD800 as The Second Coming, but that doesn't really help me as a Rammstein fan, does it?

There is no such thing as The Best Headphone - only The Best Headphone For You.

Apr 25, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #3,764 of 36,055
Thanks for the advice guys, really appreciate it, I will try as many IEM as I can..No one introduced me to the audio world, but it all started when I saw a guy using a SENNHEISER headphone in a mall few years back. Maybe I should try to get a used SE535 set and see how much I love it.

Apr 25, 2014 at 5:17 AM Post #3,765 of 36,055
  I would love to try the Hugo with my K10 but whenever I consider it I'm reminded of the advice my dad gave me when he came home in his first Audi: "My son; never test drive a car you can't afford." For now, I'm driving the K10 with my DX90/PB2 (topkit) combo. Complete and utter bliss, but at an almost sane price. 

I usually live (and die) by the creed "By The Best And Only Cry Once" but there's a bit more to it with headphones: First you need to find out which headphone is the best for you. I've heard the almighty Stax SR-009, the $5000 flagship that requires a $5000 flagship amp. Female vocals were spine-tinglingly amazing but when I put on Daft Punk or Rammstein, they left me wanting. For much of my music I preferred the LCD 2 v2 from a solid state amp, but with some things the HD800 on a nice Woo tube amp was just the thing. 

The best advice I can give is to try as many headphones as you can. By them used, try them out, then sell with little to no loss. Each time you find out what each  headphone does well and where it's lacking. Then you can start zeroing in on The One as you become more and more aware of your personal preferences. At some point you will either stumble into Aural Nirvana or realize that you need that $2000 Flagship X mk II in your life and start saving up. And while you're saving up, read as many reviews as you can of Flagship X mk II. When you find a particularly good review, then start reading the other reviews written by that person, to see if you even hear things the same way. Lots and lots of classic music buffs praise the HD800 as The Second Coming, but that doesn't really help me as a Rammstein fan, does it?

There is no such thing as The Best Headphone - only The Best Headphone For You.

+1 
beerchug.gif

Thanks for the advice guys, really appreciate it, I will try as many IEM as I can..No one introduced me to the audio world, but it all started when I saw a guy using a SENNHEISER headphone in a mall few years back. Maybe I should try to get a used SE535 set and see how much I love it.

No one introduce me too but i bought a monster beat by dre and regret it
After that , i try ath m50 then my audio journey start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back