Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 2, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #526 of 36,059
Is anyone here able to compare the K10 to the JH13/JH16. I've already bought my K10 and cannot wait to get these babies in my ear, just interested in how these differ.

I listened for a long session with the demos for the jh13f and jh16fp. So, keeping in mind they were demos, I'd say that the jh line is more U-shaped than the Kaiser. The JH twins have a sharper, more spiky treble. While neither JH failed my sibilance test tracks, the Kaiser is much smoother. A person may be impressed initially with the jh ciems, or may prefer this tuning, the Kaiser outclasses them. The jh have more of a jump in sub-bass. The Kaiser has a north of neutral bass but it's more natural, balanced with the gentle lift in the vocal range and beautiful bright, non-fatiguing treble. According to Steve Guttenberg of The Audiophiliac, the Roxanne is very different from other jh ciems and more mid-centric and smooth. I will hear it soon and my guess is that the Kaiser will match well with/against it. That's only my guess until I hear it myself, so take that with a grain of salt.

Dec 2, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #527 of 36,059
I listened for a long session with the demos for the jh13f and jh16fp. So, keeping in mind they were demos, I'd say that the jh line is more U-shaped than the Kaiser. The JH twins have a sharper, more spike treble. While neither JH failed my sibilance test tracks, the Kaiser is much smoother. While a person may be impressed initially with the jh ciems, or may prefer this tuning, the Kaiser outclasses them. The jh have more of a jump in sub-bass. The Kaiser has a north of neutral bass but it's more natural, balanced with the gentle lift in the vocal range and beautiful bright, non-fatiguing treble. According to Steve Guttenberg of The Audiophiliac, the Roxanne is very different from other jh ciems and more mid-centric and smooth. I will hear it soon and my guess is that the Kaiser will match well with/against it. That's only my guess until I hear it myself, so take that with a grain of salt.
Thanks for that.

Dec 2, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #528 of 36,059
Well Brannan used it a few posts back. I agree it's a strong word. That's why I am trying to understand why it was used in the first place. I really like the bass in Heir's 5.0. And that's while also owning the 8.a.

Wasn't me who said smearing, perhaps John? :wink:

Whatever the case, I agree with Soren's sentiment that smearing is too strong a word.

Dec 2, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #532 of 36,059
I have to go to the audiologist again (after finals)–I knew I should've gotten more impressions when I went in for the Roxannes. I'm afraid that my ears may be too small (audiologist kept saying I had tiny ears during my past visit) for the K10, but I guess I'll find out when they're sent in. Either way, I'm getting a Noble CIEM. I've got some backups.

Dec 2, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #533 of 36,059
  Probably is different where you live, but I just walked into one near me. They make money off squeezing gunk into my ear and I sit there for 15 mins while they check their emails. 

I wanted a booking with a senior audiologist who had much experience with molds. These are the same guys who Unique Melody Australia suggest for their molds.

Dec 3, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #534 of 36,059
Wasn't me who said smearing, perhaps John?
wink.gif

Whatever the case, I agree with Soren's sentiment that smearing is too strong a word.

Checked and I stand corrected. It was John. :)

But to my ears the 5.0 still sound beautiful. The separation is great. The impact is strong. And they are very musical.
L3000.gif

John, please apologize to the 5!
wink_face.gif

Dec 3, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #535 of 36,059
I know i have missed all the Black Friday jollies but still thinking of buying either the 4 or 6 Universal Fit. Been using Fitear F111s  and i want something with a similar signature but with better bass, separation and sound stage... Anyone ??

Dec 3, 2013 at 8:33 PM Post #538 of 36,059
  Curious, who has heard the Noble 6 and are there any impressions anywhere?  Kunlun mentioned some things but just wondering if anyone else has any insight... 

I posted a brief impression earlier in this thread about the Noble 6 prototypes:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/684787/noble-audio-the-wizard-returns/270#post_10008774

I don't think anyone has actually taken delivery of the Noble 6 final production versions. (There may be some out there for review, but I don't know.)

In general, the highs are great, better than my Heir 8.A's. The bass is fast, tight, controlled. The only thing I miss is the quantity of bass which I believe is much higher on say the K10's. I may be missing some of the bass due to not getting a really good seal using the prototype shells. I think the final production shells will fit my ears better. I also haven't tried all the tips. I just tried the foam tips and some Sure foam tips I had lying around.

Update: Before hitting send, I decided to try the double flange tips that come with the Noble universals. In the past, with Heir universals, the double flange tips did not work well for me, but for some reason with the Noble 6's, they give me a MUCH better seal than the foam tips.

I had a suspicion I was not getting a good seal before, but now, what a difference! The bass is MUCH stronger and yet still fast, controlled, etc. Across the spectrum, the sound is much fuller. I should have tried the other tips a long time ago... I can also tell that the seal is much better since I am getting more sound isolation.

Hmm... with the proper seal, the 6's are even better than I thought before. Simply amazing! Now I can't think of any IEM or CIEM I have heard that are better. Although it's been a long time since I heard the K10 demo versions, I am feeling that the N6 sound is very K10-like. We'll see once my K10's show up, but I can't imagine the sound getting any better!

-Darin

Dec 3, 2013 at 10:26 PM Post #539 of 36,059
  I posted a brief impression earlier in this thread about the Noble 6 prototypes:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/684787/noble-audio-the-wizard-returns/270#post_10008774

I don't think anyone has actually taken delivery of the Noble 6 final production versions. (There may be some out there for review, but I don't know.)

In general, the highs are great, better than my Heir 8.A's. The bass is fast, tight, controlled. The only thing I miss is the quantity of bass which I believe is much higher on say the K10's. I may be missing some of the bass due to not getting a really good seal using the prototype shells. I think the final production shells will fit my ears better. I also haven't tried all the tips. I just tried the foam tips and some Sure foam tips I had lying around.

Update: Before hitting send, I decided to try the double flange tips that come with the Noble universals. In the past, with Heir universals, the double flange tips did not work well for me, but for some reason with the Noble 6's, they give me a MUCH better seal than the foam tips.

I had a suspicion I was not getting a good seal before, but now, what a difference! The bass is MUCH stronger and yet still fast, controlled, etc. Across the spectrum, the sound is much fuller. I should have tried the other tips a long time ago... I can also tell that the seal is much better since I am getting more sound isolation.

Hmm... with the proper seal, the 6's are even better than I thought before. Simply amazing! Now I can't think of any IEM or CIEM I have heard that are better. Although it's been a long time since I heard the K10 demo versions, I am feeling that the N6 sound is very K10-like. We'll see once my K10's show up, but I can't imagine the sound getting any better!

-Darin

wow, thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back