Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 1, 2013 at 1:31 AM Post #496 of 36,078
  Sorry to hear about your 2.5 times larger ear canals than average. I'm sure it benefits you in other ways.. I mean larger ears, feet etc often indicates a larger sized libido or something else more measurable that out female counterparts may enjoy.. Okay, I'm very well aware of that I'm out of bounce.. 

Dec 1, 2013 at 2:54 AM Post #500 of 36,078
  Noble Audio 3 is it a big improvement over the 3.Ai in your opinion John? (Or anyone who has heard both)

THe major complaint regarding my first rendition of a 3 driver was that it was too siblant, the latest rendition has that taken care of. This particular design, I Knowles did a lot of the heavy lifting and I did some slight tweaking. Overall, the siblants are gone, but the heavy hitting bass is still there. 

You may have about 10 minutes left.... so hop to it

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Dec 1, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #503 of 36,078
Got an order in for the Noble 4 universal IEM today... I'm looking forward to seeing how it stacks up to my UERM & JH13 FP... but I tend to evaluate (and appreciate) phones on their 'own terms,' as well.

I'm not sure if this was covered earlier.. but what is the shell/faceplate design on the Noble Audio 4?  Is it like the 4.Ai (which featured an ambogyna burl faceplate and dark purple shell) ? .. or something simpler?  Also, a question for Dr. Mouton: does the Noble Audio 4C/4 employ the same array of drivers as the Heir Audio 4.A/4.Ai ?

Dec 1, 2013 at 5:29 AM Post #504 of 36,078
  Got an order in for the Noble 4 universal IEM today... I'm looking forward to seeing how it stacks up to my UERM & JH13 FP... but I tend to evaluate (and appreciate) phones on their 'own terms,' as well.

I'm not sure if this was covered earlier.. but what is the shell/faceplate design on the Noble Audio 4?  Is it like the 4.Ai (which featured an ambogyna burl faceplate and dark purple shell) ? .. or something simpler?  Also, a question for Dr. Mouton: does the Noble Audio 4C/4 employ the same array of drivers as the Heir Audio 4.A/4.Ai ?

It's a gloss black shell with matte black logo.

Dec 1, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #505 of 36,078
regarding not posting pics of actual units... Wizard told me the best he can do is refer me to the return policy.
that seems to incur a 20% restock fee
. (unless I'm misreading it)

I'm sure y'all will buy his products anyway and don't care, but I think:

a) i think it's a sign of disrespect to the customer - buying what you can't see (sure he can do that but combined with the sale it seems a bit...)
b) i'm pretty sure in Australia you can return your IEMs to the seller if they don't fit without any 20% restocking bits. (besides the point that you could probably resell it locally for more :|)
c) and this is after you agree to fork out $1000 for a universal.

i think I'll pass on noble universals at least for now.

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:17 AM Post #506 of 36,078
regarding not posting pics of actual units... Wizard told me the best he can do is refer me to the return policy.

a) i think it's a sign of disrespect to the customer - buying what you can't see (sure he can do that but combined with the sale it seems a bit...)
b) i'm pretty sure in Australia you can return your IEMs to the seller if they don't fit without any 20% restocking bits. (besides the point that you could probably resell it locally for more :|)

Got to admit that a) did put me off a little bit.  I'm picturing them kinda like a full shell sennheiser ie7, whether that's true or not I guess we'll find out soon enough. 

Dec 1, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #507 of 36,078

I'm a little worried about fit as well. Especially for a product that doesn't even have any actual pictures of the item out. 20% is pretty steep in that regard. I thought the return policy was "industry leading" but when I checked the faq page, I saw that restocking fee.
I'm sure the noble 6 I ordered will sound amazing, hope the fit is on point as well.

Dec 1, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #508 of 36,078

As a former owner of a small business I can tell you that the cost of processing and handling not only the original sale but also the return can be significant.   And, it is a total loss to the company.    Small companies such as Noble Audio simply don't have the operating budget to absorb these expenses.  Especially, with there target market being more finicky about the product than the general populous.  Of course they could simply raise their prices in order to subsidize those who which to return their IEMs.  I personally don't like this solution. 

Dec 1, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #509 of 36,078

Acutally, lets be clear. What you asked for were

1) dimensions of the concha
2) canal length
3) dimensions of the canal (OD)

I might as well just send you over the CAD files

A) photos would not provide you with the information you requested, so I'm not sure why you take offense.

There was no disrespect intended by not offering actual photos of the IEMs. It has already been stated, photos are not available as the housing is currenlty not available. Of course if they were available photos would have been used.

Noble Audio is not the first company to offer products without the submission of actual photos, and I doubt we will be the last. 

But rather than offering CGI renderings of beutifully computer generated images, that in a lot of cases offer up a very flattering image of a product that is not much for a factual representation, I opted for a black and white image, that looks like it was hand drafted.      I did so with the thinking that if a customer finds that a black and white image torn from an office desk, to be adequate, then the final product should be a welcomed sight.

B) Australia may have such rules placed on vendors on Australian soil, but we aren't in Australia (yet)

C) We have customers routinley paying well over 1K for a product sight unseen "Wizard Design." These customers have seen examples of our work, and place their trust in us.....

and I thank you guys again for that trust, it is an honor, &  we have to keep working hard to maintain that trust as well.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Dec 1, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #510 of 36,078
As a former owner of a small business I can tell you that the cost of processing and handling not only the original sale but also the return can be significant.   And, it is a total loss to the company.    Small companies such as Noble Audio simply don't have the operating budget to absorb these expenses.  Especially, with there target market being more finicky about the product than the general populous.  Of course they could simply raise their prices in order to subsidize those who which to return their IEMs.  I personally don't like this solution. 

Thanks for the reality-check. This is good to keep in mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back