Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 2, 2013 at 5:14 AM Post #512 of 36,063
  Put it this way, because the bass in the 5 is a bit more loose/slower it could potentially "smear" the sound.  Now in Rap/hip hop ect that may not be a bad thing, as the long drawn out "Hit" experience is replicated rather well with the 5 design, but if your music demands a cleaner sound the 6 would be a better choice.

That being said, that doesn't mean the 6 should not be used for hip/hop of dub step....  it does very well with that genre as well.

I know I didn't directly answer your question....  but just focus on what it is about music you like best, in order to make the choice for an IEM/Headphone etc.

weren't the bass drivers in the 5 the same with the bass drivers in the 8? I don't really get the "smearing" effect... the 8 were described like very detailed (I own the heir 8 - they are detailed)

Dec 2, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #513 of 36,063

weren't the bass drivers in the 5 the same with the bass drivers in the 8? I don't really get the "smearing" effect... the 8 were described like very detailed (I own the heir 8 - they are detailed)

The 8 (and the 10) has two of those bass drivers, the 5 only has one.

Dec 2, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #516 of 36,063
The thing I didn't get was the 'smearing' of the sound....

I obviously don't know this for a fact, but I'm guessing the implication is that the 5 is outputting the same (or a similar) amount of bass with one driver as the 8 accomplishes with two, and to do this a sacrifice had to be made in terms of finesse.

Again, just a guess...

Dec 2, 2013 at 12:28 PM Post #519 of 36,063
  Has anyone received a tracking number of a payment confirmation for any universal purchased during the Black Friday?

I don't think they have yet had their production completed, so I doubt you or anybody else would have a tracking number (as there's nothing yet to ship).  You should get a tracking number closer to Christmas, from the information that I saw earlier in the thread.  The Black Friday sale was more of a kick-off / pre-order, and that's why they used the black and gray drawings and not actual product pictures.  The final production versions don't yet exist, so there's no way they'd be shipping this soon.

Dec 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #522 of 36,063
The 5 has slightly less detail and "finesse" in the bass, but "smearing" is a bit too strong a word to use for it I'd say.

Well Brannan used it a few posts back. I agree it's a strong word. That's why I am trying to understand why it was used in the first place. I really like the bass in Heir's 5.0. And that's while also owning the 8.a.

Dec 2, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #523 of 36,063
  The 5 has slightly less detail and "finesse" in the bass, but "smearing" is a bit too strong a word to use for it I'd say.

Engineering speak doesn't always translate well. It tends to overstate to help understanding. The bass is rounder would be the more common phrase.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back