Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Sep 11, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #14,447 of 36,135
i've read on here that it actually works. I forget which thread it was but people were saying it got rid of the fatigue from bass heavy tracks. I am also in the same dilemma deciding between k10s, a12, and layla's. 

I briefly considered Layla but speaking to a few people via PM I've come to the conclusion that it would bore me. From what I've read, the choice concerning K10 vs Layla seems to be whether you want to enjoy your music or analyse it.

Another factor for me was JH teaming up with A&K, which I don't like...and they're both renowned for terrible customer service.

Plus the Angie is a touch dull for me.

Sep 11, 2015 at 10:14 AM Post #14,448 of 36,135
I briefly considered Layla but speaking to a few people via PM I've come to the conclusion that it would bore me. From what I've read, the choice concerning K10 vs Layla seems to be whether you want to enjoy your music or analyse it.

Another factor for me was JH teaming up with A&K, which I don't like...and they're both renowned for terrible customer service.

That is a good way to look at it. I listen more for enjoyment than analytical purposes.

I am going back years but does anyone remember when JH was known for their great customer service? At the time it was one of the main reasons i chose jh over ue for the 16s. They also came with a 2 year warranty which has since been moved to one. I'm sure i'm part of the reason.I think I've had my faulty drivers replaced at least 4 times for free. I have had a bunch of problems in the past with my 16s, but jh has also taken care of them free of charge for me excluding s&h of course (they use to only make u pay for one way).

I think part of the problem is they got too big. They are no longer able to provide that one on one support and attention to each customer. That along with a bunch of messed up product launches will really change people's perception of a company.  
That's cleared that up then.
wink.gif

Haha sorry meant it so you would search for the forum and see what people said.  I don't have any personal experience with it

Sep 11, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #14,449 of 36,135
Finally UPS sorted themselves out and the Savants have finally arrived.  The design is great and exactly as I hoped.

Not much I can add to what's been already been written, but they are exactly what I was looking for.  Very brief initial thoughts... clarity and separation are excellent (Telegraph Road), female vocals (Angela Gheorgiu) are phenomenal, orchestral (Mahler/LSO) great.  Rock could benefit from a bit more bass, but I expected that and it's not what I bought them for.

Great job guys.

Sep 11, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #14,450 of 36,135
I'm in the same boat but am leaning toward the K10 for the reasons suggested by Malevolent. They're both going to be exceptional so probably the best way to proceed is to base your decision on the sound signature you prefer as opposed to getting the 'best' per se.

I am the same boat as well.. Finding it hard to decide between A12 and K10. I use Sony Zx2 and some say K10 have awesome synergy with that DAP. I really like fuller midrange and bigger soundstage with controlled bass and decent highs.. Also Adel module is good progress in CIEM field but based on what i read they really benefit if you listen to bassy music.. Decisions, Decisions.. 

BTW how is the CS with Noble.. 

PC

Sep 11, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #14,451 of 36,135
  Finally UPS sorted themselves out and the Savants have finally arrived.  The design is great and exactly as I hoped.

Not much I can add to what's been already been written, but they are exactly what I was looking for.  Very brief initial thoughts... clarity and separation are excellent (Telegraph Road), female vocals (Angela Gheorgiu) are phenomenal, orchestral (Mahler/LSO) great.  Rock could benefit from a bit more bass, but I expected that and it's not what I bought them for.

Great job guys.

Nice, congrats and I'm with you on the Bimmer V8, my oldest boy drives the 445Hp 550i
wink_face.gif

Sep 11, 2015 at 10:45 AM Post #14,452 of 36,135
Nice, congrats and I'm with you on the Bimmer V8, my oldest boy drives the 445Hp 550i:wink_face:  

My dad has a 530i e39 (manual, m package). So I have some experience with the e39, but not the m version.

As far as a skyline is concerned, it isn't realy much of a family car. (I need room)

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Sep 11, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #14,453 of 36,135
My dad has a 530i e39 (manual, m package). So I have some experience with the e39, but not the m version.

As far as a skyline is concerned, it isn't realy much of a family car. (I need room)

I hear you, wife trying to talk me into a big gas sucking SUV or Van but I told her as close as she might get is this
wink_face.gif

Fits my RESPONSIBLE FUN category!

Here's a shot of my boys machine for you and Scott
biggrin.gif
I'd love to have any experince with any "M" series
rolleyes.gif

Sep 11, 2015 at 11:11 AM Post #14,454 of 36,135
I am the same boat as well.. Finding it hard to decide between A12 and K10. I use Sony Zx2 and some say K10 have awesome synergy with that DAP. I really like fuller midrange and bigger soundstage with controlled bass and decent highs.. Also Adel module is good progress in CIEM field but based on what i read they really benefit if you listen to bassy music.. Decisions, Decisions.. 

PC

N6 sounds phenomenal with ZX2. I was surprised by the extent of the upgrade over my DX90 - particularly with that IEM.

Sep 11, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #14,455 of 36,135

PC

IME the CS at Noble has been excellent. John, Brannan and the team have been very responsive and helpful. And signs of their approach you'll notice that you can talk to them freely here and that this thread is one of the most positive and friendly on HF. Well, except for when Wata gets on a roll... 
wink_face.gif

Cheers 

Sep 11, 2015 at 11:40 AM Post #14,456 of 36,135

PC

IME the CS at Noble has been excellent. John, Brannan and the team have been very responsive and helpful. And signs of their approach you'll notice that you can talk to them freely here and that this thread is one of the most positive and friendly on HF. Well, except for when Wata gets on a roll... 
wink_face.gif

Cheers 

Wata won't share his burger with us...
mad.gif

Sep 11, 2015 at 11:51 AM Post #14,457 of 36,135

I have a feeling that PM will never come, so I guess I will just hope my 3 guesses bring it home.
wink_face.gif

edit: my ethics prevent me of taking part in the contest (already gettin a Sav). But let's test yours your resolve ^^  spill the beans on your K10 design and you can add +3 guesses  
devil_face.gif

were you at CanJam Tony ?  no fix for your Encore
JHA certainely was affected by the rox blow. JH Crew campaign's trying hard to repair that.
After hearing the Encore, K10, Angie and Layla at CanJam, I really feel like even a show audition ain't enough if I was considering spending in that bracket. A week's worth with each would be ideal, but how... :)

Sep 11, 2015 at 12:15 PM Post #14,458 of 36,135
I was cycling around the Greek island of Kos when CanJam was on, which is a shame as I'd have liked to have been there.

My Encore started fitting of their own accord and I love them. How do you think they fare against the K10 based on your brief time with both?

Sep 11, 2015 at 1:25 PM Post #14,459 of 36,135
I was cycling around the Greek island of Kos when CanJam was on, which is a shame as I'd have liked to have been there.

My Encore started fitting of their own accord and I love them. How do you think they fare against the K10 based on your brief time with both?

hah small world, my father/mother/sister were sailing or docked at Kos during CanJam :p
Hmm, though call, because I'd like to judge the Encore without the Linum BaX coloration, or with the Super BaX ideally (gah and both SuperBaX were right THERE on the table within reach - such a tantalizing torture). So it's kinda unfair.
So from what I heard in that condition I'd say the K10, even if I might prefer a bit less warmth. I prefered the slam of the Encore but the mild vocal explosiveness of the Encore might rebuke me. 

Hmm does Noble do demo trials? Like against a deposit garantee ? I'm gonna ask ACS the same. Both worth more time before judging.

And when you consider the prices... and on top a -15 or 20% ACS had couple months ago...then again Black Friday's nearing for Noble ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back