Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Sep 11, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #14,461 of 36,135
edit: my ethics prevent me of taking part in the contest (already gettin a Sav). But let's test yours your resolve ^^  spill the beans on your K10 design and you can add +3 guesses  :devil_face:

I agree that the ROX fiasco most likely hit JHA hard.
Truth be told, I'm happy my JH 16s but when it was time upgrade I went with the K10s due to the CS and the awesome sound sig and should receive them soon.

Sep 11, 2015 at 6:56 PM Post #14,462 of 36,135

I agree that the ROX fiasco most likely hit JHA hard.
Truth be told, I'm happy my JH 16s but when it was time upgrade I went with the K10s due to the CS and the awesome sound sig and should receive them soon.

Sep 11, 2015 at 7:51 PM Post #14,464 of 36,135
Gump will forever be a tease.

Fine, there will be some blue, muahahahaha.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 12, 2015 at 1:35 AM Post #14,465 of 36,135
Noise isolation on CIEM is so much better than UIEM. I'm looking forward to using my K10 on my flight to CanJam/RMAF to block out annoying talkers. I sit next to them on every flight!  
gs1000.gif

Sep 12, 2015 at 2:48 AM Post #14,466 of 36,135
I briefly considered Layla but speaking to a few people via PM I've come to the conclusion that it would bore me. From what I've read, the choice concerning K10 vs Layla seems to be whether you want to enjoy your music or analyse it.

Another factor for me was JH teaming up with A&K, which I don't like...and they're both renowned for terrible customer service.

Plus the Angie is a touch dull for me.

Yeah, the Layla utterly bored me. I spent around 45 minutes listening to them, and I couldn't find 1 song that got me going. I played all my favorite songs/tunes, and I was left feeling extremely disappointed. Sure, they had a wide soundstage that rivals my Roxanne, with excellent micro detail retrieval and world class imaging. It was quite an experience using the Layla. Still, I'm in this hobby to enjoy my music, and if an IEM is unable to do that, they are, for lack of a better word, useless to me.

On the other hand, the Angie was far more engaging, retaining some of JH's "fun" house sound. I liked that a lot.

Sep 12, 2015 at 6:27 AM Post #14,467 of 36,135
All this talk about sound quality makes me think about a great thing that happened to me.3 months ago my left eardrum "vanished" after an ear infection. I don't know the medical term for it, but it didn't hurt, contrary to what some people may say.

A few days ago, it finally healed completely and I can now hear noticeably better with my left ear. I wish the same thing happens to my right eardrum. I mean, why spend money on expensive cables, DAPs and whatnot when a burst eardrum can do the trick? Some people buy them and convince themselves their rig sounds better with them. The cables may improve the sound, but I think a lot of people don't notice it. Well, unless they get a new eardrum that is. I firmly believe this is a good way to be more content with what you have instead of buying new equipment.

This can go the other way around though. For instance, people who are saying they cannot hear the difference between the AK120 and AK240 (I read about this here a few days ago, can't remember where) may be more prone to murdering their wallets after this. Well, whatever the case, there's no denial that a new eardrum, just like a new pair of shoes, etc can make you enjoy your rig a lot more.

Take care guys and remember that this is just my 2 cents.
gs1000.gif

Sep 12, 2015 at 8:01 AM Post #14,468 of 36,135
  All this talk about sound quality makes me think about a great thing that happened to me.3 months ago my left eardrum "vanished" after an ear infection. I don't know the medical term for it, but it didn't hurt, contrary to what some people may say.

A few days ago, it finally healed completely and I can now hear noticeably better with my left ear. I wish the same thing happens to my right eardrum. I mean, why spend money on expensive cables, DAPs and whatnot when a burst eardrum can do the trick? Some people buy them and convince themselves their rig sounds better with them. The cables may improve the sound, but I think a lot of people don't notice it. Well, unless they get a new eardrum that is. I firmly believe this is a good way to be more content with what you have instead of buying new equipment.

This can go the other way around though. For instance, people who are saying they cannot hear the difference between the AK120 and AK240 (I read about this here a few days ago, can't remember where) may be more prone to murdering their wallets after this. Well, whatever the case, there's no denial that a new eardrum, just like a new pair of shoes, etc can make you enjoy your rig a lot more.

Take care guys and remember that this is just my 2 cents.
gs1000.gif

Oh man, I hope I never have to experience what you went through. But wouldn't that be like smashing one side of your customs, only to have it fixed years later and be happy about the 'upgrade'? Not so much about a new eardrum than a replacement of what was busted :p

Sep 12, 2015 at 9:52 AM Post #14,469 of 36,135

Take care guys and remember that this is just my 2 cents. :gs1000smile:  

A little bit of info. The ear drum is comprised of three layers of tissue, when the ear drum is perforated and heals, only two layers of tissue regenerate.

Wishing for a ruptured ear drum isn't wise, as sometimes a ruptured ear drum can Lead to a cholesteatoma, which can lead to all kinds of problems; permanent hearing loss, facial nerve damage, and even death.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Sep 12, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #14,470 of 36,135
Noise isolation on CIEM is so much better than UIEM. I'm looking forward to using my K10 on my flight to CanJam/RMAF to block out annoying talkers. I sit next to them on every flight!  :gs1000smile:

Sometimes while in flight, I use my iems soley for earplugs

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Sep 12, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #14,471 of 36,135
A little bit of info. The ear drum is comprised of three layers of tissue, when the ear drum is perforated and heals, only two layers of tissue regenerate.

Wishing for a ruptured ear drum isn't wise, as sometimes a ruptured ear drum can Lead to a cholesteatoma, which can lead to all kinds of problems; permanent hearing loss, facial nerve damage, and even death.

Death???

Right. All the more to avoid that ever happening to me.

Sep 12, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #14,473 of 36,135
Noise isolation on CIEM is so much better than UIEM. I'm looking forward to using my K10 on my flight to CanJam/RMAF to block out annoying talkers. I sit next to them on every flight!  :gs1000smile:

The main factor that got me into IEM's in the first place!
My K10's make travelling by public transport possible without listening to people dribbling inane witter into their phones incessantly.

Sep 12, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #14,474 of 36,135
The main factor that got me into IEM's in the first place!
My K10's make travelling by public transport possible without listening to people dribbling inane witter into their phones incessantly.

When I hear babies crying incessantly on planes..

Sep 12, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #14,475 of 36,135
Yeah, the Layla utterly bored me. I spent around 45 minutes listening to them, and I couldn't find 1 song that got me going. I played all my favorite songs/tunes, and I was left feeling extremely disappointed. Sure, they had a wide soundstage that rivals my Roxanne, with excellent micro detail retrieval and world class imaging. It was quite an experience using the Layla. Still, I'm in this hobby to enjoy my music, and if an IEM is unable to do that, they are, for lack of a better word, useless to me.

On the other hand, the Angie was far more engaging, retaining some of JH's "fun" house sound. I liked that a lot.

For me Angie has decent bass, decent mids, decent treble...but nothing really stands out as being exceptional and I don't think it's an IEM that is more than the sum of its parts. I know I'm in the minority as it seems to be going down a storm, but it did nothing for me except perform decently - which isn't really what I'm looking for at this level. Based on what I heard, I don't think it's worth the money. YMMV, IMO etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back