Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 15, 2014 at 7:29 PM Post #1,415 of 36,066

People must be doing it wrong. Last thing I bought from Ikea only took like 5 minutes to assemble, good thing it was just a floor lamp.

It was more likely in their earlier days and in case you don't know but in Scandinavia (where Ikea originally is from), the ultimate couple's test is to "decide what you want/need to bring home from the Ikea store for your first apartment/house" then try to put it together and see where your relationship is going  :)

Of course, when Ikea entered the US they had to make it more simple to assemble their units although I did recently buy a spoon that really gave me a hard time but that may actually say more about me... :)

At least we don't have to assemble any Noble units..with an Ikea instruction (from the old days)

Jan 15, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #1,416 of 36,066

It was more likely in their earlier days and in case you don't know but in Scandinavia (where Ikea originally is from), the ultimate couple's test is to "decide what you want/need to bring home from the Ikea store for your first apartment/house" then try to put it together and see where your relationship is going  :)

Of course, when Ikea entered the US they had to make it more simple to assemble their units although I did recently buy a spoon that really gave me a hard time but that may actually say more about me... :)

At least we don't have to assemble any Noble units..with an Ikea instruction (from the old days)

My entertainment center is from Ikea, its pretty old, but once together, its very solid. It was only able to hold a 32" TV, so after getting my 55" last year, needless to say, the entertainment center is now just the bottom being used. Came apart easily, but throwing away the pieces was some work, they are heavy at 3/4" pieces of wood.

Jan 15, 2014 at 7:45 PM Post #1,417 of 36,066

My entertainment center is from Ikea, its pretty old, but once together, its very solid. It was only able to hold a 32" TV, so after getting my 55" last year, needless to say, the entertainment center is now just the bottom being used. Came apart easily, but throwing away the pieces was some work, they are heavy at 3/4" pieces of wood.

No doubt their older stuff is/was solid when put together and fairly easy to break up albeit with some use of masculine power combined with an axe.. 

Getting rid off the boards etc., similar experience as you, having owned some heavy duty Ikea furniture, not so easy.. since our back may have turned a few years older compared to when we bought it (not our back!) ..

Anyway, we don't have to go through the same thing when we at one point want to get rig of any Noble unit, at least I hope not..
and in a way I do actually recognize similarities between Noble and Ikea...as a company etc.

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #1,420 of 36,066
  "And the award for most-frequently-off-topic thread goes to..."

Look at the bright side, we are keeping it on the top.
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:04 PM Post #1,421 of 36,066
  The lamp is the one on the right in the image, on top of my Subwoofer. Thats the Ikea piece where the TV is. But like I said, its just the base part now.

The lamp is the one on the right in the image, on top of my Subwoofer. Thats the Ikea piece where the TV is. But like I said, its just the base part now.

I do recognize that lamp. It looks very similar to one I have although it has been packed up for a while, but I see it regular at some friends house in Scandinavia. You're lamp on the left actually looks extremely similar to the lamp I have on my right, right now.

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:26 PM Post #1,424 of 36,066

I do recognize that lamp. It looks very similar to one I have although it has been packed up for a while, but I see it regular at some friends house in Scandinavia. You're lamp on the left actually looks extremely similar to the lamp I have on my right, right now.

The left is just a $30 home depot lamp, Noble makes great CIEM's, there back on topic.
beerchug.gif
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back