Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jan 15, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #1,426 of 36,040
  After 3-5 days with N4 universals I must say the mids and higs are close to perfection, the best I ever heard from an IEM. There is way more layers, clarity and transparence than on Rockit R50 and Vsonic GR01, quite as expected. However, somehow unexpectedly, they also beat my full headphones (HE-400) in these and a number of ways. N4 are more transparent and neutral, somehow never harsh and sibilant as HE-400 often are. Soundstage and bass are still better on HE-400, but in every other way I prefer the N4. What a great headphones.

I may post more impressions and comparisons next week. Tomorrow I should receive DN-1000 -- a hybrid of two armatures and one dynamic driver. Wonder how these stack up against N4.

N4 are sounding more and more like the IEM for me... How is the bass on them ? I know its not the biggest around but how is it's accuracy and pace ? 

Also anyone with the Sony NW ZX1 trying it with N4s or N6s ?

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:38 PM Post #1,427 of 36,040

The left is just a $30 home depot lamp, Noble makes great CIEM's, there back on topic.
beerchug.gif
beyersmile.png

I know, I was just messing with you..
wink_face.gif
  Just to finish this of and get back on track, sorry for taking away valuable time from anyone else reading this..

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:43 PM Post #1,428 of 36,040

N4 are sounding more and more like the IEM for me... How is the bass on them ? I know its not the biggest around but how is it's accuracy and pace ? 

I'm getting my N6s soon :) So I'll be able to tell you hopefully

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #1,430 of 36,040

Look at the bright side, we are keeping it on the top.
tongue_smile.gif

I wouldn't mind being on top of the milf on the shopping-channel...

this video from Dylan is really clever, there's loads of channels... I'm up to No. 5

swap out your Noble's when you change to a different channel... it's interactive, enjoy.

http://video.bobdylan.com/desktop.html

Jan 15, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #1,431 of 36,040
Actually i was all set to get some N6s but from what i have read around Head-fi the bass is a bit too north of neutral for me. 

Jan 15, 2014 at 9:00 PM Post #1,434 of 36,040

Depends on where you're coming from.. IEM's experienced before and what you expect to hear? 

Accuracy and pace in the lower freq. regions is at least on par/much better with all the Rockit/B-2/Vsonic and a few others using similar dual TWFK driver design. I have owned most of them so I'm not second guessing although I base my opinion on a very vague memory so that is indeed a very critical factor...

Fast, accurate and added a few DB's of mid bass level and similar extension into sub-bass. So overall a IMO a lower frequency improvement, how significant this actually is can be a very individual taking.  

Full amount of bass level/impact etc I consider to be relative much higher, so overall more bass presence compared to what I mentioned, relatively speaking and depending on where you are coming from? 

To me at least the bass quantity/quality is indeed very,more than very good, but it doesn't mean that anyone else will experience the same..

Jan 15, 2014 at 11:42 PM Post #1,439 of 36,040
Thanks for the responses... i will be looking out for impressions...

I am using two very very different IEMs at the moment.. Senni IE80 and FitEar F111.. Actually that's not really true since i haven't listened to the IE80s for a year or more (must sell them).

I really really like the Fitears basic sig which is essentially neutral and i think the N4s may be similar but possibly more refined with better clarity and separation of voices and instruments and also better bass...

That's what i hope anyway....and it's what i want.

Jan 16, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #1,440 of 36,040
First of all, please excuse this potentially controversial post. Here's a fellow head-fier's account of how he's been in great anticipation for his first pair of custom IEMs and suffered an unpleasant surprise today:

http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/random-iem-headphone-rants.106883/page-102#post-1910793

Believe it or not, I personally don't have a skin in the game. I haven't even been following this thread until today. But I've talked to the guy, suggesting he post his experience on head-fi, and he dismissed it on grounds that it would be deleted anyway.

So, here's my personal appeal to both MOTs and mods/admins: please be more open and transparent, particularly when comes to dealing with unpleasant issues. crap like that happens and I feel for you, but trying to keep a lid on things creates exactly the kind of environment in which conspiracy theories flourish. Anyone who doesn't find info on something like this even three days after the event, will sure as hell start putting two and two (and what-not-else) together...

Thanks for hearing me out. 
smile_phones.gif

Now feel free to delete this post.
wink.gif
ph34r.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back