Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Aug 13, 2015 at 9:47 AM Post #13,786 of 36,071
  I want a bigger soundstage, more clarity, more bass and better treble as well. Unfortunately, I can't go into details, since the various terms used for describing IEM sound are puzzling to me. Seems I need a personal audio trainer and some good gear to get to the bottom of this.

Can you make any recommendations based on these requirements?

If you're coming from an ES5, and you want more of everything, it's best that you seek out users who have used/owned both. Nevertheless, from my (our) perspective, the K10 is damn near perfect, offering a good serving of prominent but controlled bass and treble, and a sweet mid-range to die for. If you ask me, the K10 is good for a myriad genres, and is best described as an expert jack-of-all-trades. With that said, the market is big, so take your time to look around, and audition them, if you can - your ears are your best guide.

In short, if you want a good all-rounder, the K10 should be at the top of your shopping list.

Aug 13, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #13,787 of 36,071
Now I'm sad. I was getting all excited but I just heard from Brannan last night that they couldn't match up my name to any of the impressions they have at their lab (they were looking at them to see if my ear shape would allow for Prestiges to be made). I'm hoping that it was just a mislabeling or something, because I was really looking forward to a pair of K10s, and paying for another set of impressions would be annoying.

Here's to hoping they find what happened to my impressions!

Aug 13, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #13,788 of 36,071
  Now I'm sad. I was getting all excited but I just heard from Brannan last night that they couldn't match up my name to any of the impressions they have at their lab (they were looking at them to see if my ear shape would allow for Prestiges to be made). I'm hoping that it was just a mislabeling or something, because I was really looking forward to a pair of K10s, and paying for another set of impressions would be annoying.

Shucks, hate to hear that. Hope the lads will be able to locate your impressions. Good luck! 
smile.gif

Aug 13, 2015 at 11:03 AM Post #13,789 of 36,071

Shucks, hate to hear that. Hope the lads will be able to locate your impressions. Good luck! 
smile.gif

Thanks. I'm a little frustrated here, given the cost I paid and the way I shipped them, and having them still turn up as not being locateable. But I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt at this point.

Sigh :frowning2: At least I have a pair of Aurisonics ASG 2.5 coming in today (non custom, of course) to hold me over until I manage to get my K10s.

Aug 13, 2015 at 11:48 AM Post #13,790 of 36,071

Hey, as you stated via email you aren't sure if your name was written on the impressions box itself. Not having the name written on the impressions box makes it considerably more difficult to associate impressions with their respective owners.

You did however state that your name was on the shipping box which is good to know as we keep all shipping boxes for a period of time incase any issues like this arise. I will going through the shipping boxes today looking for yours and will be in touch via email to discuss further.

Aug 13, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #13,791 of 36,071

Hey, as you stated via email you aren't sure if your name was written on the impressions box itself. Not having the name written on the impressions box makes it considerably more difficult to associate impressions with their respective owners.

You did however state that your name was on the shipping box which is good to know as we keep all shipping boxes for a period of time incase any issues like this arise. I will going through the shipping boxes today looking for yours and will be in touch via email to discuss further.

Thanks Brannan. I'm sure you guys will take care of me. I figure, **** sometimes happens beyond your control or mine. 

Still looking forward to getting my pair when they do eventually get to get made!

Aug 13, 2015 at 12:40 PM Post #13,792 of 36,071
  Thanks. I'm a little frustrated here, given the cost I paid and the way I shipped them, and having them still turn up as not being locateable. But I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt at this point.

Sigh :frowning2: At least I have a pair of Aurisonics ASG 2.5 coming in today (non custom, of course) to hold me over until I manage to get my K10s.

I'm sure Brannan and the team will be doing their utmost to locate your impressions.

In any case, an ASG 2.5 should suffice for the time being. However, the countdown period always seems the longest. Mine took about 1 1/2 months, but it felt like ages! 
wink.gif

Aug 13, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #13,793 of 36,071

I'm sure Brannan and the team will be doing their utmost to locate your impressions.

In any case, an ASG 2.5 should suffice for the time being. However, the countdown period always seems the longest. Mine took about 1 1/2 months, but it felt like ages! 
wink.gif

deadhorse.gif
Just in case they don't, please make sure to show them this video. They'll understand.
atsmile.gif

Aug 14, 2015 at 9:53 AM Post #13,796 of 36,071
This is an amazing combination : HM901s (Balanced card) + K10U. This is the second time in my HP experience that I have had a "F@#k me" moment. The first time was with HD 800. The K10u is a loaner from a local Head fier, after spending couple of days with them I have promptly listed few items for sale so that I can raise the cash to buy these.

Aug 14, 2015 at 12:36 PM Post #13,797 of 36,071
This is an amazing combination : HM901s (Balanced card) + K10U. This is the second time in my HP experience that I have had a "F@#k me" moment. The first time was with HD 800. The K10u is a loaner from a local Head fier, after spending couple of days with them I have promptly listed few items for sale so that I can raise the cash to buy these.

Are you using balanced cables?

Aug 14, 2015 at 3:05 PM Post #13,798 of 36,071

what tips are those?  

Aug 14, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #13,799 of 36,071

Dent on the right piece?

Any reason, noble won't use acrylic for their universals. These ABS plastic housings, while light and functional aren't durable.
For a company that takes pride in  producing gorgeous CIEMs, this is quite puzzling.

Aug 14, 2015 at 7:40 PM Post #13,800 of 36,071
EyuiOL-8ff.jpg
Akwpa-Skj2.jpg

Solid!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back