Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jun 2, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #11,446 of 36,092

Hey friend, your probably using ALAC because your on an iphone, me 2!  I discovered that by using an app called Tuneshell I can play flac without converting to ALAC on my phone.  I use Ifunbox(if your on a mac) to drag and drop the flac files to the Tuneshell folder, although the app also has a clunky wifi transfer procedure.  Finally I use Jriver music management software on my mac so I don't have to use iTunes at all, in fact I've uninstalled iTunes.  So happy now! =P  FYI, I phone can play up to 24bit/48khz flac files.  Now I can just go with the original copies of my flac files and don't have to maintain two copies of every file, one alac and one flac.  No more alac for me! =P  Also no jailbreaking required.

To keep the thread on track - I love my K10s!

Actually, I chose ALAC for lossless ripping via iTunes. I use Audirvana on both home and office Macs. I sync with my iPhone and set to auto compress to AAC since I don't have enough storage space for lossless. I don't really listen to my music via iPhone much. For portable I manually copy all of my lossless files to my AK240 and then use a utility to convert iTunes playlists to M3U files and copy them over to the AK240 root directory. I do the same manual sync for my office laptop since I no longer use Double Twist. Thanks for the info, I should just get off iTunes and convert everything to FLAC.

Jun 2, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #11,447 of 36,092
All that I can cross is: I will recieve my remade right side in about 4 hours. I went to Santa Barbara to have Brannan take my impressions to up my odds of it being done right. Stay tuned. 
popcorn.gif

Jun 2, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #11,452 of 36,092
I suddenly have an urge for cinnamon candy!

Glad to hear T.H.E. Show went well. Sorry you had to put up with Wata. 
beyersmile.png

Jun 2, 2015 at 10:34 PM Post #11,455 of 36,092

I am glad you were smart enough not to drive.

I accidentally plugged an address into MapQuest or Google Maps once that mistranslated to being in Australia. The system then actually gave me directions to get there! It was driving directions from the East coast to California, then it said to paddle to Hawaii, then it gave me driving directions across Hawaii, then said to paddle again to Japan, then more road directions and then the last paddling leg before it gave me the road directions in Australia. I kid you not. Totally cracked me up. 

Jun 2, 2015 at 10:35 PM Post #11,457 of 36,092
Jun 2, 2015 at 11:58 PM Post #11,459 of 36,092
Not sure if anyone on here who owns the BTS can do me a favor - 

Can it work as a wireless streamer in your car? I would greatly appreciate anyone that can help me out with this. My local Noble reseller doesn't have them in yet.

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back