1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!

First

Back
752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761
763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772
Next

Last
  1. Watagump

Its funny you brought up drooling, at the show, one guy had some dripping out.

2. fzman Contributor

Bring lots of drool rags

3. HiFlight

If your audiologist doesn't have a bite block, perhaps you should consider one who is more familiar with making impressions for vocalists/onstage performers rather than just hearing aids. Just sayin'.

4. fzman Contributor

Brannan did my impressions at Axpona, and I made good use of the tissues he gave me. 

5. mscott58
    Fair point!

6. Watagump

Mine has never used a bite block. She does know that they are done for the making of CIEM's. She even compared my impressions to my TF10 to check length. I cant say for sure a bite block has been mandatory for me. She had me open my mouth wide, make a big smile etc etc.

7. kalrykh

audiologists don't grow on trees and many people don't have access to a wide variety of choices. Just sayin.

8. mscott58
    LA appears to have an audiologist tree (so to speak) as there are at least three of them located nearby that are known to do CIEMs. The below names are from the list of "rock star audiologists" (their words, not mine) by that other CIEM company who likes to name their units after famous women in songs. 

IMPRESSIONS BY JAMI

Jami Tanihana, MA, CCC-A
    Mobile Services (serving Los Angeles, Ventura and Orange County areas)
    Los Angeles, CA

jamitanihana@gmail.com
    818-521-1051

FRANCES MIRANDA, MS, MBA, CCC-A

11870 Santa Monica Blvd.
    Ste 106 #567
    Los Angeles, CA 90025

frances@hearingandmusic.com
    www.hearingandmusic.com
    310-237-1031

SONUS HEARING CENTER

Dr. Elizabeth N. Eskridge
    11600 Wilshire Blvd. Ste. 114
    Los Angeles, CA 90025
    310-477-1519

I'm sure Brannan has his picks from the LA area as well, but Noble doesn't publish a list the same way the other dudes do. 

Cheers 

9. bflat
    I wouldn't consider myself as reference material LOL. I'm sure the primary reason for my experience is due to Double Twist's poor compression engine. On that note, my ears can't tell the difference between 44/16 to higher res files except for analog to digital re-masters. My recent purchase of 88/24 Rolling Stones Hot Rocks is amazing!

10. PLUSSOUND

Highly recommend Frances if you are in the LA area.

PlusSound Stay updated on PlusSound at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/plusSound/ https://twitter.com/plussoundaudio http://plussoundaudio.com/
  11. Malevolent

You should have seen me when I was taking my impressions. Thank god for the tissues.

drooling_homer_785344_answer_5_xlarge.gif

12. kalrykh

It was a general statement really, I don't see locations on the mobile version of head fi. I've seen people (may not have been in this thread) talking about the closest audiologist being an hour and a half away.

13. mscott58
    I know, I was just giving Wata some options near where he lives in the LA area. I'm fortunate to live in Philly where there are also CIEM experienced audiologists, but clearly there are large parts of the country without them. Shows are actually a good place to get them taken, either with silicone or using the new scanning technology, although the shows themselves are most often in the same large cities that already have audiologists. Cheers 

14. Watagump

I am in Orange County, plenty to choose from near me. One place close by wants $150 for a set. My girl in Irvine, is $50.

15. DuxR
    When I had my first impressions done, the chap said unless you were a musician it would be best to take the impressions with a closed mouth and relaxed jaw, as most of the time you would be listening with your mouth closed so this provided the best fit, and I must say the fit was very, very good.

First

Back
752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761
763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772
Next

Last