Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 30, 2015 at 4:26 PM Post #11,342 of 36,082
Come on by to listen and then we will have lunch.

Got 245x4 setsx8 reps today on bench. no cheating.  I weigh 170 and have perfect bench form, I walk my feet under my butt, then put both feet on the ground. Keep the shoulder blades together the whole time and keep my butt on the bench the whole time.  I Let the bar rest in the base of my palm and squeeze it like im trying to put finger prints in it.  Hold my shoulder blades together in the back the whole time and bring the bar to below my chest and return it back up slowly in a backward arch not bouncing off the chest.  I'm pretty sure I've got 200% bw bench but don't like maxing due to chances of injury.  My form is basically a power lifters bench press minus the wide grip. 

My next goal is 15 muscle ups without swinging, I'm at 12.  After that I want 5 one arm pullups, I'm at one.

May 30, 2015 at 4:30 PM Post #11,343 of 36,082
the-wire.jpg

One of the greatest shows of ALL time. This and OZ changed TV forever.

May 30, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #11,349 of 36,082
May 30, 2015 at 5:08 PM Post #11,350 of 36,082

It's not unusual for this thread. At least it's not patent law.

Any more impressions of Savant from Newport? Make me feel better about selling my N4 to buy one...

If I go back tomorrow I will give them a whirl. I will be honest though, other people are much better at describing sound than I will be.

May 30, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #11,351 of 36,082
I tried out the Savant this morning. Compared with my K10, I'd say the Savant seemed to have a bit more treble extension, and less bass impact. If I had the money , I'd be tempted to get the universal Savant for times when using a ciem is not convenient. I haven't tried the N4, so I can't compare the two.

May 30, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #11,352 of 36,082
If I go back tomorrow I will give them a whirl. I will be honest though, other people are much better at describing sound than I will be.

Thanks. Any impressions are welcome. It's good to get perspectives from people with different backgrounds, likes etc. You may just redeem yourself for hating on 'The Wire'...

I tried out the Savant this morning. Compared with my K10, I'd say the Savant seemed to have a bit more treble extension, and less bass impact. If I had the money , I'd be tempted to get the universal Savant for times when using a ciem is not convenient. I haven't tried the N4, so I can't compare the two.

Awesome, thanks. Impressions seem pretty consistent so far. Savant is going to replace N4 as a universal accompaniment to my K10, as you described. It's a good system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back