Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
May 5, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #10,351 of 36,093
I wonder if your new cable has a lower impedance.

I am thinking that a lower impedance cable marginally decreases overall impedance: this makes the IEM easier to drive, thus allow louder volume and accentuation of particular frequencies. 

May 5, 2015 at 12:20 PM Post #10,352 of 36,093
  Cable swapping among different cable providers, (after market cable sources) is the bigger concern.

You know what would be great?  A 30-36" Noble extension cable with male and female 3.5mm ends... this way we can use the 15.5" cable with the BTS and also direct connected to DAP without having to disconnect/reconnect the 2-pin.

May 5, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #10,353 of 36,093
That makes sense. So much for my Double Dragoned, Bile Poisoned, Dark Magic Infused, Triple Helix Rumplestiltskin Frozen Heart cables...

Pffff. I'm not that impressed. Wait till you see my vibranium coated, liquid adamantium core cable with 32-strand platinum wire and a 3.5mm plug made out of solid gold. Now that was expensive.

May 5, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #10,354 of 36,093

You know what would be great?  A 30-36" Noble extension cable with male and female 3.5mm ends... this way we can use the 15.5" cable with the BTS and also direct connected to DAP without having to disconnect/reconnect the 2-pin.

I think that is a great solution. Just wondering if the additional jack results impedance change to the overall system (sorry, I am having an impedance obsession/crisis at the moment). 

May 5, 2015 at 2:05 PM Post #10,355 of 36,093
Gump why don't you have a set of nobles yet? Those tf10s won't satisfy you forever
tongue.gif

My bday is May 27th, everyone pitch in.
beerchug.gif

May 5, 2015 at 2:06 PM Post #10,356 of 36,093

I thought I was the only one to have that cable spec!

I only use what the Wizard uses
biggrin.gif
Speaking of which, how come Cowan products get so little love around here? I had a J3 (I think it was) back in the day. I thought it sounded GREAT, but I didn't like the UI so I returned it. I still think about it on lonely nights. Basically, I'm a total sl** when it comes to good UI and convenience, which is why I'm still using my lowly iPhone as a source and looking to pair it with a good amp. I just got the UHA-6S MKII based upon member suggestions, and it sounds fantastic! The music sounds so much more lifelike now. I actually prefer the iPhone's DAP to the one in the amp, which surprised me, so I'm just using the amp portion.

May 5, 2015 at 2:10 PM Post #10,358 of 36,093

I was wondering about the same thing. The connector would add some bulk to the cable though. Maybe it could be offered as an optional accessory, hmm...

May 5, 2015 at 4:01 PM Post #10,361 of 36,093
May 5, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #10,363 of 36,093
I only use what the Wizard uses :D Speaking of which, how come Cowan products get so little love around here? I had a J3 (I think it was) back in the day. I thought it sounded GREAT, but I didn't like the UI so I returned it. I still think about it on lonely nights. Basically, I'm a total sl** when it comes to good UI and convenience, which is why I'm still using my lowly iPhone as a source and looking to pair it with a good amp. I just got the UHA-6S MKII based upon member suggestions, and it sounds fantastic! The music sounds so much more lifelike now. I actually prefer the iPhone's DAP to the one in the amp, which surprised me, so I'm just using the amp portion.

I have thE j1 and the p1.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
May 5, 2015 at 4:21 PM Post #10,364 of 36,093

I only use what the Wizard uses
biggrin.gif
Speaking of which, how come Cowan products get so little love around here? I had a J3 (I think it was) back in the day. I thought it sounded GREAT, but I didn't like the UI so I returned it. I still think about it on lonely nights. Basically, I'm a total sl** when it comes to good UI and convenience, which is why I'm still using my lowly iPhone as a source and looking to pair it with a good amp. I just got the UHA-6S MKII based upon member suggestions, and it sounds fantastic! The music sounds so much more lifelike now. I actually prefer the iPhone's DAP to the one in the amp, which surprised me, so I'm just using the amp portion.

Cowon especially the J3 has some serious bass roll off when it comes to low impedance phones. I had the J3, liked it but always felt it was sounding 'thin'. Then I actually ran frequency sweeps on it with loads, and the lower frequency was doing a lot of funny things!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back