Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Mar 25, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #9,257 of 36,065

If you were at the gym where would you carry you're other dap, it would have to be on your body somewhere, transmitting the Bluetooth signal.

Can have it sitting on a treadmill/bike/eliptical or on the floor near the weights/machines.

Mar 25, 2015 at 10:58 AM Post #9,258 of 36,065

If you were at the gym where would you carry you're other dap, it would have to be on your body somewhere, transmitting the Bluetooth signal.

I usually have a towel and a water bottle with me. So my phone/ipod touch can be placed alongside them and since BT stays connected upto a certain distance, there's so much room to move without carrying your dap along.

Mar 25, 2015 at 11:24 AM Post #9,259 of 36,065

I usually have a towel and a water bottle with me. So my phone/ipod touch can be placed alongside them and since BT stays connected upto a certain distance, there's so much room to move without carrying your dap along.

This is exactly what I did when I used bluetooth cans. Setup DAP to play and had a small pack that I place next to my belt and water bottle. I went back to IEMS and DAP in the pocket.

This will be super awesome to have with the K10's! Nothing is worse than leaning back with heavy dumbells and seeing your DAP fall out of your pocket onto the floor..... (uses safety pin to keep pockets closed). Subsequently rocking back and ever slowly dropping weights AWAY from the DAP.... 

Also a nice bonus, if your Bluetooth starts fading in and out... someone stole your bag. Wait at door... confront thief. Yes this happened. 

Nice job Noble, and sure Brannan had some umph to get this one through!

Mar 25, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #9,260 of 36,065
  This is exactly what I did when I used bluetooth cans. Setup DAP to play and had a small pack that I place next to my belt and water bottle. I went back to IEMS and DAP in the pocket.

This will be super awesome to have with the K10's! Nothing is worse than leaning back with heavy dumbells and seeing your DAP fall out of your pocket onto the floor..... (uses safety pin to keep pockets closed). Subsequently rocking back and ever slowly dropping weights AWAY from the DAP....

Also a nice bonus, if your Bluetooth starts fading in and out... someone stole your bag. Wait at door... confront thief. Yes this happened.

Nice job Noble, and sure Brannan had some umph to get this one through!

Haha! this...

Mar 25, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #9,262 of 36,065

don't like that idea, I'm pretty sure I'd leave it behind.

Doesn't mean it's a bad idea, just means you're forgetful.  It's not a new concept

Mar 25, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #9,263 of 36,065

don't like that idea, I'm pretty sure I'd leave it behind.

But as stated above if the music fades out you know you've walked out of range and left it behind! 

Mar 25, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #9,264 of 36,065
One application I had with the bts:

I was installing some 6x9's in the trunk/boot of my car.

(Picture an old man crammed upside down, body all contorted, in the trunk of a car)

and I did this while talking on skype with Brannan at the same time via the bts.

(My I pad was laying in the front seat of the car)

The point is, the bts allows me to multitask at all new levels. It is not uncommon for Brannan and I to talk for a couple of hrs a day, like buds at an office.... But the reality is, we are located on different sides of the world. Being able to freely move about while essentially being on the phone is a big plus for me.

Now that has been the big impact on me, but for others, it may be the gym, or traveling without the worry of tangled cables, or the ability to walk around the work place more freely etc etc.

Regardless the application, wireless freedom is a great experience

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Mar 25, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #9,265 of 36,065
Might just try out that BTS for my incoming 4C, since I've always wanted to try listening to a CIEM while on the treadmill. I've wrecked a couple of cheap IEMs because I kept tugging on the cable by accident.

Mar 25, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #9,266 of 36,065
Hey, the Noble BTS is an interesting product. I can see myself using it as a travel companion, such as on planes and long bus/train rides. 7-8 hours of playing time seems pretty decent, considering its diminutive size.

Anyway, are we able to charge and use the BTS at the same time?

Yes, you can listen to it while it's charging.

Dumb question - does bluetooth transport digital audio?  If so, does that mean there's a DAC inside the BTS?  Obviously, convenience is the huge advantage here, but I was wondering what kind of audio quality to expect.

Thanks
Anil

There is a DAC inside BTS.

I must admit my lack of knowledge. Obviously the DAP would have to be Bluetooth capable and would then trsnsmit it's signal to the BTS. Does that mean that it would not be possible to use an amp?

Is suppose you could plug the BTS into an amp?

The beauty of this is that as long as you have a BT enabled player, you can use any headphones with BTS, including the K-10s.  I was wondering about what kind of sound quality to expect - would it be silly to put the K-10s on this?  I.e., would it be like attaching a set of Magico monitors to a all in one receiver or should I expect more.  My K-10s just shipped, so I'm waiting eagerly for them - if there's a chance I can use them wirelessly and still retain a lot of their quality, that would be amazing!

Anil

I use my K10 with BTS all the time and you can very much tell they're K10s!

It looks like yes; the cable they provide with it is just shorter so you don't have extra cable draping down.

Exactly!

Mar 25, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #9,267 of 36,065
The BTS is an excellent solution for the gym and other activities. I'm definitely getting one!

(sorry its a bit dirty, found it sitting in the back of my shelf uncared for many years.)

This was my gym BT unit several years ago. Perfect solutions cuz my iem wires to my iPod always tangle on the machine or somehow I would hit the wire on thread mill and drop my dap (I broke a few including a very nice Sony Vaio VGF-AP1L) from incident like this.

So with BT and short IEM cable and switch to iPhone , I can keep the phone in my pocket or on threadmill.

I'll be sure to look out for BTS when it arrives here.

Mar 25, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #9,270 of 36,065
Yes, you can listen to it while it's charging.

Thanks, that's good to know. 
smile.gif

How are the K10s powered if it is not plugged into something?  Do they get electricity via Bluetooth?

The BTS powers your earphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back