Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Nov 20, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #6,646 of 36,138
What's with all this talk of discounts? Have we really become so conditioned by American retail traditions and mass consumerism that we expect, nay demand discounts on products? these products are incredibly labor intensive to make, and I'm pretty sure the hard working people who make them don't take a pay cut to support sale prices.
If ANYTHING they should put out a digital tip jar so we can pay them extra gratuity when we feel they went above and beyond in crafting these for us.
Remember that these are truly hand crafted products, not something stamped off a production line. Even the universals have a lot of hand work going into them!

Nov 20, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #6,647 of 36,138
What's with all this talk of discounts? Have we really become so conditioned by American retail traditions and mass consumerism that we expect, nay demand discounts on products? these products are incredibly labor intensive to make, and I'm pretty sure the hard working people who make them don't take a pay cut to support sale prices.
If ANYTHING they should put out a digital tip jar so we can pay them extra gratuity when we feel they went above and beyond in crafting these for us.
Remember that these are truly hand crafted products, not something stamped off a production line. Even the universals have a lot of hand work going into them!

Really? Some posts are just absurd. I seriously doubt you'd turn down a 20%savings on anything. Not to mention, that Brannan himself has been quoted for promising a discount on black Friday.

Do you own any Noble products? If so did you send any extra money for your set as a "tip" ? I'm quite sure you could have...

Nov 20, 2014 at 11:05 PM Post #6,650 of 36,138
Hm what if I want a wizard reprint of a faceplate, but a different main shell on it (such as a standard Amber with Gold nuggets type design). Is this covered by the Wizard reprint?

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Leo

Nope, as that request does not fit the deffinition of a "reprint."

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Nov 20, 2014 at 11:17 PM Post #6,652 of 36,138
The next promotion that is guaranteed to take place is Black Friday next year.

My post is not self-serving, I just happen to agree in large part with what Mango wrote.

If I'm not mistaken, nobody is demanding a sale seems like one was promised. I'd certainly be grateful for one, but if you are dead against them perhaps not making promises to have them wouldn't cause people to expect them.

Nov 20, 2014 at 11:18 PM Post #6,653 of 36,138
That always makes a new purchase more difficult. Sometimes you just need to say **** it!!! I bought my 846's that way and I love them too.

The decision to purchase something new becomes even more difficult when you actually listened to the IEM/headphone, and try to justify purchasing it when what you currently own sounds so blissful. 
redface.gif

Nov 20, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #6,654 of 36,138
Really? Some posts are just absurd. I seriously doubt you'd turn down a 20%savings on anything. Not to mention, that Brannan himself has been quoted for promising a discount on black Friday.

Do you own any Noble products? If so did you send any extra money for your set as a "tip" ? I'm quite sure you could have...

Actually, historically speaking "tips" have been given. In fact that is where the "Wizard Design" concept was born.  I had a fellow in the UK send $600 USD with the instructions.....  "Make mine special."    His order was the first CIEM to ever carry the "Wizard" signature.....

after that experience, I realized that there was potentially a demand for CIEMs designed by me that carry the Wizard Signature.

For those that do not care to spend the extra $ for a Wizard Design, this is fine with us as well, and we take care care in non-signature products as well.

The discount is inevitable for Black Friday. We're expecting it because it's the norm for retailers to offer a discount on that specific day, so please get off your high chair. 

Yes, and NO....   while Black Friday is a national norm for the USA, it isn't the norm for other parts of the world.  Noble is a multi-national company (Prestige World Wide).   According to your theory we would have to have sales that support world wide celebrations/Holidays etc etc....

This is not to say there will not be a Black Friday sale, but this is to say.....   don't bet the farm on it.

There are no gaurantees in life, other than death and taxes.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Nov 20, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #6,655 of 36,138

My post is not self-serving, I just happen to agree in large part with what Mango wrote.

I'm sure you need a tip jar after selling a $1.6 earphone, buddy. I'm not knocking on your company's craftsmanship, in fact I am interested in purchasing a pair of K10, discount or no discount, but to agree with that post is entirely self-serving considering that you're the subject of said post. Having a promotion is just another part of running a business. By no means is it a ding on what you're creating. Many products are labor intensive to make, but you don't see them complaining about how the retail world is unfair. 

Nov 20, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #6,656 of 36,138

Hard work that they charge more than marginally for. :rolleyes:

If ANYTHING, they should continue to hand craft at said quality and with said great service so that they can sustain their luxury goods business model.

Black Friday sales are for people that either can't afford something otherwise or are willing to wait for to not pay for as much margin as a retailer or manufacturer is normally willing to accept. And for some people, it's just the thrill of getting a good deal. Regardless, no one expects it, they hope for it.

I'll just put my digital tip jar right here for if you feel I went above and beyond the call of duty with my response.

Nov 20, 2014 at 11:27 PM Post #6,657 of 36,138

Actually, historically speaking "tips" have been given. In fact that is where the "Wizard Design" concept was born.  I had a fellow in the UK send $600 USD with the instructions.....  "Make mine special."    His order was the first CIEM to ever carry the "Wizard" signature.....

after that experience, I realized that there was potentially a demand for CIEMs designed by me that carry the Wizard Signature.

For those that do not care to spend the extra $ for a Wizard Design, this is fine with us as well, and we take care care in non-signature products as well.

Yes, and NO....   while Black Friday is a national norm for the USA, it isn't the norm for other parts of the world.  Noble is a multi-national company (Prestige World Wide).   According to your theory we would have to have sales that support world wide celebrations/Holidays etc etc....

This is not to say there will not be a Black Friday sale, but this is to say.....   don't bet the farm on it.

There are no gaurantees in life, other than death and taxes.

So you're saying, that there won't necessarily be a sale, but there will be one. Got it. By the way, I'm sure arguing with potential customers on a public forum will do wonders for your business. 
If I'm not mistaken, nobody is demanding a sale seems like one was promised. I'd certainly be grateful for one, but if you are dead against them perhaps not making promises to have them wouldn't cause people to expect them.

Nice job, warrior. Let's see what they'll have to say about that. Frankly, I think these guys are letting their success get to their heads. At no point should you ever mock your potential customers on a public forum. Its like they don't want our business. 

Nov 20, 2014 at 11:28 PM Post #6,658 of 36,138
Dr. Moulton you and your team make absolutely breathtaking products, and I have no problem with you or your company. I'm not saying people don't tip, I'm just curious of the person who is dead against the sale, and suggested giving a tip, has done so himself. As far as there being a sale, I don't believe anyone here was making demands, or it didn't appear to be, as most seemed to be joking about it. A sale was promised by a member of your company, I think that's why people are "expecting" it.

On a side note, I am in a small business where I deal with the public, I totally empathize with you, as consumers as a whole, are extremely demanding. I feel your pain, I absolutely do. Every single day of my life.

Nov 20, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #6,659 of 36,138

... "tips"? Kinda loose there with the definition aren't you?

If he had sent you the note and you did it cuz you're a cool dude, and then he was so happy you did it that he decided to send you $600, that would be a tip.

I would personally call that kind of action arrogantly presumptive, among other things.

Nov 20, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #6,660 of 36,138

Hey buddy, nobody said there wasn't going to be a sale and I certainly didn't say that I am dead set against them. I am fully aware what I said last December and true to our word we will have a sale this Black Friday so please enjoy. However, as Mango expressed in his post, some people do need to take a step back and not take these things for granted especially given the circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back