Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Oct 7, 2013 at 2:52 PM Post #31 of 36,040
  Hey project86,

how would you compare the UM Merlin to the 8C?

Also, did you send your UM Merlin back to UM for reshell/retune? because apparently my Merlin (which i got it back in 2011), is different sounding to the current Merlin i have heard... way different.

You can look in my sig for a review of the Merlin, might help things. Mine is a prototype before they boosted the bass to make it stand out more from the Miracle sound signature. The 8C is probably closer to the final tuning that UM decided on when launching the Merlin, in terms of sheer bass impact. But the UM house sound has somewhat more forward upper mids, more energy and excitement while the 8C is smoother and more analog sounding if that makes sense. Merlin is a great IEM, and personally I love my prototype model which I think is what keeps me from wanting to buy the Miracle (because they are so similar). But it's just not really in the same league as the 8C. 

I'm not sure what changes may have occurred with the UM products recently. All I have of theirs from this year is the PP6. 

Oct 7, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #32 of 36,040
Great review as always, John! It is fun to see the best of the business raising their game. I want a comparison between the Kaiser and the new JH Audio Roxanne Carbon!

Oct 7, 2013 at 9:11 PM Post #33 of 36,040
I want a comparison between the Kaiser and the new JH Audio Roxanne Carbon!

Pretty much took the words out of my mouth. I mean, this is basically being demanded to be done.

Also, my theoretical dream IEM (see my comment in Joker's review thread) has now changed from the Heir 8.A to the Noble 8C!
biggrin.gif

Oct 7, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #35 of 36,040
FYI, if you can make it to San Diego (technically Coronado) to the San Diego Head-Fi meet on November 2nd, Brannan from Noble Audio will be there.

Check out the link.

If you are considering buying a pair of Noble CIEM's, Brannan will be doing free ear impressions for anyone who has ordered Noble CIEM's.

Rumor has it that he might even have more yet unannounced products to show for the first time anywhere! But it's just a rumor...

I hope to see you there. 

BTW, did I mention that it's free to attend the meet too? Free food and free soft drinks too!

OK, back to Noble...

Oct 7, 2013 at 11:36 PM Post #36 of 36,040
  FYI, if you can make it to San Diego (technically Coronado) to the San Diego Head-Fi meet on November 2nd, Brannan from Noble Audio will be there.

Check out the link.

If you are considering buying a pair of Noble CIEM's, Brannan will be doing free ear impressions for anyone who has ordered Noble CIEM's.

Rumor has it that he might even have more yet unannounced products to show for the first time anywhere! But it's just a rumor...

I hope to see you there. 

BTW, did I mention that it's free to attend the meet too? Free food and free soft drinks too!

OK, back to Noble...

Nice! Free food, drinks, impressions, new models and demos to try, and of course - lots of great CA HeadFiers! Wish I could make it. 

Oct 8, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #37 of 36,040
For the Kaiser 10, it's a ciem perhaps defined by its lack of a downside as it does so much very well without a weak spot in the frequency range. However, each person has their own taste, so a person may want a bassy signature and prefer a different ciem or they want a universal fit iem or a dynamic driver or a very small shell for small ears, etc. I would read Soren's review and mine (coming soon) to get a sense of whether it's right for you rather than thinking about goods and bads.

Ladies and gentlemen, our quest ends here. We have found the PERFECT ciem.

Oct 8, 2013 at 12:50 AM Post #38 of 36,040
Ladies and gentlemen, our quest ends here. We have found the PERFECT ciem.

I hope you're not being sarcastic, 'cause if you like the presentation of the K10, I have to agree with Kunlun. (Well, some might argue that the price tag is a downside)

Oct 8, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #40 of 36,040
  I am never sarcastic. Sarcasm is for artists and free-thinkers. Very dangerous.

Back on track: The worst part about ciems is that I can't let others try them. I know the K10 might sound a bit too good to be true, so I really wish others could try them and hear them for themselves before taking a $1600 leap of faith. 

These gold nuggets were the first, but I know there are other sets out there. I expect more reviews to come in shortly.

Oct 8, 2013 at 4:41 AM Post #41 of 36,040

Back on track: The worst part about ciems is that I can't let others try them. I know the K10 might sound a bit too good to be true, so I really wish others could try them and hear them for themselves before taking a $1600 leap of faith. 

These gold nuggets were the first, but I know there are other sets out there. I expect more reviews to come in shortly.

You convinced me in any case. Just waiting for it at this point in time.

Cheers!

Symphonium Audio Proudly Designed and Manufactured in Singapore. Stay updated on Symphonium Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/symphoniumaudio https://twitter.com/SymphoniumAudio https://www.instagram.com/symphoniumaudio/ https://www.symphoniumaudio.com/ info@symphoniumaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back