Since last year's San Diego meet went so well, I figured I would do it again. Same location, same time.
I have confirmed a location and time for the meeting:
The meet will be from 11:00am until 4:30pm on Saturday, November 2nd, 2013.
The meet will be held at the Coronado Public Library in the Winn Room: 640 Orange Avenue, Coronado, CA 92118 (619) 522-7390
There is no parking lot, but street parking shouldn't be a problem. The parking on the main street in front of the library is 2 hour parking. But all the other side streets in the neighborhood are unrestricted.
We will have access to the room for setup starting at 10:00am and we will have 1 hour to pack up and put away the tables and chairs, clean, etc. at the end. We must be completely done in the room by 5:30pm.
We are allowed to bring food and beverages (no alcohol though). I have not made any plans to provide anything yet, but last year it worked out well. We had pizza, sandwiches, sodas, fruit, snacks, sweets, etc.
I will be working on getting sponsors and update this thread.
Other than that, please post on this thread if you plan on coming and what equipment you can bring, if any.
Also, if anyone else wants to help with the organization of this event, please PM me. To be honest, last year, it was relatively easy to organize.
Subscribe to this thread and check this post for updates.
Looking forward to a decent turn out!
- Dan, the owner of MrSpeakers.com will be there. He will be bringing his Mad Dog headphones and I assume the Alpha Dogs too.
- Someone from Schiit may or may not be there, but at a minimum they will make sure that Dan at Mad Dog will have all the Schiit with him to demo including the Ragnarok.
- I presume they will bring the AK100 and AK120 to demo
- Alex will not be there, but he is going to send down some gear. TBD
- For those of you who don't know, Audio Revelation is a local high end audio dealer. He also sells headphone gear. I (Darin) will be bringing the gear from Audio Revelation.
- Cavalli Liquid Gold (LAu) to demo! (Audio Revelation is now a Cavalli Audio dealer.)
- I am not sure if I can bring all of this, but if anyone has any requests, let me know:
- Bricasti M1 DAC
- Berkeley Audio Alpha DAC Series 2
- Luxman DA-06 DAC
- Icon Audio HP8 MK II amp
- Bryston BH-A1 amp
- Audeze LCD-2 and LCD-3
"Mystery Surprise Vendor" Now I can reveal that the vendor is Noble Audio:
- Not sure what they will be showing, but as of now, Brannan plans to be there.
- Brannan will also be offering free ear impressions for anyone who has ordered a pair of Noble CIEM's or if they order at the meet. (Having Brannan do the impressions is a REALLY good idea. First he knows what he is doing and will be sure to do them right to avoid any problems or having to redo your impressions. Secondly it's free!)
- Brannan will now have universal versions of the entire Noble custom IEM line! This will be the first time anywhere that you can demo their CIEMs including the 10 driver Kaiser 10's!
"Mystery Surprise Vendor #2":
- Can't say much about this either, but this meet may be the first time you can hear some other exciting new products.
- Bryce from Ultimate Ears will bring: UE4, UE5, UE7, UE11, UE18, UE Reference Monitors, and UE Personal Reference Monitors
- As an added bonus, they will be offering a 20% discount on any UE5 or above models for attendees.
- Briana will be there again this year. Not sure what gear they will have, but I will update as soon as I hear.
- Brillaint Zen Audio is new to the industry. They sell K Works audio products
- They will be bringing a K Works Bravissimo tube headphone amp.
LFF from ReferenceSounds.com (tentative):
- Not sure what LFF will be bringing...
- Maybe a Schiit Vali
Craig from Eddie Current (tentative):
- Zana Deux SE
- Smyth Realiser A8 (I will schedule a limited number of Realiser demos in advance. See this post.)
- Stax SR-009
- Stax SR-407
- Stax SRM-323A Amp
- Etymotic ER4S
- iBasso D7 Sidewinder DAC
- Koss PortaPro with Kramer and Quarter mods(These things are amazing!)
- PC laptop running some cool stuff.
- Dune HD Max Media player to feed the Realiser.
- HRT MicroStreamer
- HRT iStreamer with iPad 3 (Maybe)
- HiFimeDIY Sabre Android DAC, (PCM2706+ES9023)
- Vmoda Crossfaded M-80
- Astell & Kern AK120
- Sennheiser HD 800
Audeze LDC2's (These may morph into LCD3's or HD800's)
The Christensen DG 300B (DIY)
- Gilmore Lite
- MCA Cocobolo MS-1i
- Sony MDR-V6
- Stax SR-407
- Stax SRM-252S
- KGSSHV (maybe)
- DIY Blue Hawaii (maybe?)
- Ultrasone HFI-580s
- Channel Islands VDA2 DAC w/ Single Ended outputs (by request only)
- Bifrost (non-Uber) (by request also)
- audio-gd NFB-7.32 DAC
- Krell KAV-400xi amp
- Hifiman HE-6
burnspbesq: (all or part of the following gear))
- Lynx Hilo
Resonessence Concero/Head-Amp Gilmore Lite (possibly Concero HP if I have it by then)
Resonessence Herus (possibly driven by iPad via CCK)
iPod Touch/Fostex HP-P1
Sennheiser HD 800 (w/SE and balanced Cardas cables)
Fostex TH 600
- Denon AH-D2000
- AKG K550
- Beyerdynamic DT1350
- Audio Technica ATH-ESW9 Earsuit
- ALO Continental V2
- iQube V1
- Leckerton Audio UHA-6S MkII
- ??? (I've been trying out numerous portables lately, so might have something else by November)
- Astell and Kern AK100
tsujigiri: (bringing gear by request)
- Sennheiser HD650's
- Ultrasone Pro 900's
- AKG K550's
- Beyerdynamic DT770's
- Westone 3's
- a first generation Fiio E12
guavareal: + 1
- Abyss AB-1266
- Schiit Audio Vali
- Audio-GD Master 7 DAC
- Empirical Audio Off-Ramp 5 USB Converter
- MSB The Analog DAC LCD-3 or HD800, Alpha Dog, TH-900 (I'm undecided which can to bring the LCD-3 or HD800)
- HeadAmp GS-X mk2
- LCD-3 (maybe)
- Sennheiser HD800 (maybe)
- Alpha Dog
- Sennheiser HD558
- HD600 w/ custom Canare
- Beyerdynamic DT990 Premium 600ohm
- AKG K702
- Schiit Bifrost
- Bottlehead Crack
- HRT Music Streamer II
- JDS Labs O2
- HiFiMan HE-500
- "Teta" HP amp (DIY)
- Sennheiser 650
- Schiit Bifrost Uber
- Schiit Asgard 2
- DT880 (250ohm) recabled
- Grados sr325i
- Sennheiser HD 598
- Mad dog 3.0
- Grado PS500
- Schiit Magni
- Hifiman EF2a
- Possibly Emotiva mini-x
- Centrance HiFi-M8
Edited by darinf - 10/31/13 at 1:26pm