Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jul 27, 2023 at 10:27 PM Post #35,326 of 36,135
D
To me BCD (this is on UM Indigo, Noble Kublai Khan and Odyssey) is a more intimate phenomenon. The signal bypasses the outer ear and goes straight to the tympanum so it sounds more like a reverb-enhancement to the signal, very "in-your-ear" and deep. Kinetic bass sounds more like a subwoofer firing just outside your ear. I find Kinetic bass more tactile in the sense that it feels like air is being pushed toward your eardrum, like a speaker, whereas BCD feels more like it's coming from deep within. The one cool thing about BCD is that is does sort of tickle the inner ear - its not un-tactile just more 'inside.' BCD is a little more spooky at times - holographic or trippy. Kinetic to me sounds like I'm a live show in the best spot on the floor.
Damn. So I do have try the kinetic bass experience one day then.

I do love the BCD experience and am pretty happy with my choice on the KK.

I listen to trippy music as well so it really suits.

But the Kinetic bass speaker feel Based off your very good description does sound like a worthwhile experience. I love that live speaker feeling.

Regarding of which Noble TOTL beats the other and associated genres. I haven't heard the others, but for electronic, drum n bass, psytrance and Goa trance, I can't imagine a better experience than with the Kublai Khan. I have no idea what I would change. But again. I don't know what I don't know.

I do love the treble experience of EST drivers, very euphoric, like lighting in my brain. I would for sure LOVE to feel a BCD at the low end with EST at the top.

Jul 27, 2023 at 10:39 PM Post #35,327 of 36,135
D

But the Kinetic bass speaker feel Based off your very good description does sound like a worthwhile experience. I love that live speaker feeling.

Regarding of which Noble TOTL beats the other and associated genres. I haven't heard the others, but for electronic, drum n bass, psytrance and Goa trance, I can't imagine a better experience than with the Kublai Khan. I have no idea what I would change. But again. I don't know what I don't know.

I do love the treble experience of EST drivers, very euphoric, like lighting in my brain. I would for sure LOVE to feel a BCD at the low end with EST at the top.
I think KK is great for those genres you mention. As for the latter - wait for the Raven!

Jul 27, 2023 at 10:55 PM Post #35,328 of 36,135
D

In my case, I tried three different Fir Frontier series and none of the kinetic drivers did anything for me. The ear tips I use put the kinetic drivers too far away from my ears for me to notice them. YMMV.

Jul 27, 2023 at 11:59 PM Post #35,329 of 36,135
One good thing about being 71 is the supposed hot treble on the Fourte and Khan sound juuust right. Oh yea, and playing from the forward tees.
Playing from the forward tees is always preferable, just as long as I can drive past the red tees!

Jul 28, 2023 at 12:21 AM Post #35,330 of 36,135
I am counting down the arrival of the Ragnar. Hope this will meet or exceed my expectations. Tonight, I am listening to the 64 Audio Fourte Blanc. Compared to the Noble Khan original, I find the Fourte Blanc shockingly transparent. One never knows what a person is missing out until you experience something better. My hopes are that the Ragnar will surpass the Fourte Blanc in everyway. I'm listening to Billie Eilish Live at the Steve Jobs Theater. What a great acoustical live recording. The Fourte Blanc unfortunately is just another level over the Khan. Hopefully the Ragnar with newer design will easily surpass 64 Audio.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2023 at 12:27 AM Post #35,331 of 36,135
I am counting down the arrival of the Ragnar. Hope this will meet or exceed my expectations. Tonight, I am listening to the 64 Audio Fourte Blanc. Compared to the Noble Kahn original, I find the Fourte Blanc shockingly transparent. One never knows what a person is missing out until you experience something better. My hopes are that the Ragnar will surpass the Fourte Blanc in everyway.
If you found the Blanc transparent then you will definitely find the Ragnar transparent also. Hopefully not overly so! For me they are complimentary. I typically use the Ragnar for classical and the Blanc for more contemporary music.

Jul 28, 2023 at 12:31 AM Post #35,332 of 36,135
If you found the Blanc transparent then you will definitely find the Ragnar transparent also. Hopefully not overly so! For me they are complimentary. I typically use the Ragnar for classical and the Blanc for more contemporary music.
That's great to read! I have high expectations after days of reading up on the Ragnar. The opportunity came up and I just decided to jump in rather than wait and hope for a Watercooler tour of the Noble. I've been a long time fan of Noble, I doubt I will be disappointed, but I hope I will be blown away.

Jul 28, 2023 at 12:33 AM Post #35,333 of 36,135
That's great to read! I have high expectations after days of reading up on the Ragnar. The opportunity came up and I just decided to jump in rather than wait and hope for a Watercooler tour of the Noble. I've been a long time fan of Noble, I doubt I will be disappointed, but I hope I will be blown away.
Will definitely love to read your take on the TT2>MHA200>Ragnar combination. My TT2 is still under repair so it will be a while before I can hear that combination for myself!

Jul 28, 2023 at 12:39 AM Post #35,334 of 36,135
Will definitely love to read your take on the TT2>MHA200>Ragnar combination. My TT2 is still under repair so it will be a while before I can hear that combination for myself!
Hopefully your MHA200 will be a quiet one. I have from the second batch, no matter how many tube changes I have tried, there's always a buzzing somewhere when using IEMs with it. It pairs much better with my ZMF headphones. For IEMs, I don't have an amp I really like. The HeadAmp GS-X Mini is also in my opinion not quiet enough. When I just can't stand the noise anymore, I go straight at the HugoTT2 or Hugo2 and forget about the extra headroom.

Jul 28, 2023 at 5:15 AM Post #35,336 of 36,135
Jul 28, 2023 at 5:25 AM Post #35,337 of 36,135
I have high expectations after days of reading up on the Ragnar
The one thing to avoid is to start comparing it to others before you're very familiar with it and have given it a place. It's just too different and deserves the time to take over your brain.

drftr

Jul 28, 2023 at 7:19 AM Post #35,338 of 36,135
Our review of the Ronin is posted with comparisons to the Ragnar, the Sultan, and the Kublai Khan. A very smooth and detailed performer. :)

https://headfonics.com/noble-audio-ronin-review/

1690503311248.png
Tnx for the cable review! 🤐

Honestly, it would have been so much better if you had used for instance the Ronin cable on all 4 IEMs, as (I didn't write this) the cable on KK and Sultan is crap for both the mids and imaging.

drftr

Jul 28, 2023 at 7:27 AM Post #35,339 of 36,135
Tnx for the cable review! 🤐

Honestly, it would have been so much better if you had used for instance the Ronin cable on all 4 IEMs, as (I didn't write this) the cable on KK and Sultan is crap for both the mids and imaging.

drftr

Actually, I did use the stock initially, then moved to the Magnus cable for some confirmation. Not a huge amount has changed, though it is a better cable in terms of imaging.

Jul 28, 2023 at 7:29 AM Post #35,340 of 36,135
Thanks @marcusd for your helpfull review, when i need to read about Noble i reach Headfonics!
Are you working on Stage 3 review? would be interesting a comparison with Zephyr and Fokus too even if are TWS :)

Not yet, need to work my way through a bit of a backlog first but hopefully before the year is out if the team at Noble are willing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back