Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Aug 24, 2020 at 3:42 AM Post #32,746 of 36,071
I have cable rolled with mine but to me I never want any cable to CHANGE the sound. Too many cables these days mess with the sound too much.

The Sultan is a very revealing beast. I am presently pairing mine with the Noble Vivid Cable, which does not really affects the balance and the sound signature, the sound remains clean and smooth with realistic details and believable timbre and body, but the sound is given a fair bit more air and space with the Vivid Cable, and that's all I want it to be. I have tried the Halley and despite the difference in cable materials and geometry it does sound like a mini-Vivid, just a hair less of that air and space while doing everything else pretty much as well. Do not expect the sound to be brighter with the Halley (common perception (and a wrong one I gotta say) that silver sounds brighter than copper), brightness and warmth are fairly similar between these two. Both cables are nicely made and aesthetically pleasing - it's amazing how the 16-wires Vivid could be so supple and manageable while keeping a fairly silent background with only visually thin insulation (of cos can't tell for sure what kind of and how much insulation is there).

My 2 all-time favourite general purpose cables are the Crystal Dream Duet (silver) and the Brise Audio Yatono Limited (copper), both basically matches with every iem I throw at them, and in fact both sound great with the sultan as well BUT these 2 are truly pristinely sterile sounding cables with pitch black backgrounds, and with the vast detailing in the Sultan the end results sound a tiny bit too brutally revealing (i.e. bit tiring) for enjoyment purposes.

If you are gonna get the Sultan I really recommend at least trying them out with the 2 Noble cables. I'm also happy with the pairing with Plussound tri-silver but I kept coming back to the Vivid for its tiny bit smoother sound with the Sultan and eventually settled on that combo.

Thanks for this, helps quite a bit in narrowing down the cable choices. Even Bloom Audio recommended the Vivid Cable for Sultan, I might look into that one, it does add up the cost quite a bit, but I can invest if it really brings a difference to the overall experience!

My eyes were on Eletech's Socrates, a new cable but I will wait for @mvvRAZ on his opinion on that combo.

Aug 24, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #32,747 of 36,071
Thanks for this, helps quite a bit in narrowing down the cable choices. Even Bloom Audio recommended the Vivid Cable for Sultan, I might look into that one, it does add up the cost quite a bit, but I can invest if it really brings a difference to the overall experience!

My eyes were on Eletech's Socrates, a new cable but I will wait for @mvvRAZ on his opinion on that combo.

I'm listening to Sultan right now with an 8-wire Cleopatra cable from EA and it's a pretty awesome pairing with near-earth-shattering bass slam and really crisp treble. But that's Sultan in general. I really like the new Noble cable (the 8-wire OCC copper one) and find no faults in it. Sure maybe a cable 5x the price can bring out a little more detail, air and ergonomic improvement, but I would have no issues using the stock cable on these if I weren't an insane cable junky. I really like the look of that Vivid cable, it's only a matter of time...

I would try some more cables, but @SLC1966 is lost and lonely without his Sultan, so alas it must be sent back soon :)

-Collin-

Aug 24, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #32,748 of 36,071
Thank you @SeeSax for starting the process of returning my Sultan. I am finding myself aimlessly wondering around the neighborhood! Not sure if it lack of Sultan time or old age! :)

Aug 24, 2020 at 8:39 PM Post #32,750 of 36,071
Rather unexpected given all the fit issues I had recently; but I found myself really enjoying the Noble x Drop K10s.

I enjoy a full-bodied midrange and with these, I find myself really 100% focused on the music and not at all on the technicalities. Not to say I don't notice how good they are; but rather this is what makes me able to enjoy the music. It just removes the blockers I may normally have (guitar isn't forward enough, vocalist not loud enough, soundstage too narrow etc...).

It just... works? I got them on sale at $600 and that was definitely a good deal.

I just replaced the stock cable with a SuperBax and didn't notice any change, so maybe it's just well-tuned out of the box. I was kind of maybe hoping for a tiiiny bit more treble/high-end but that's a lot of to ask of a cable change.

Aug 24, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #32,752 of 36,071
Sadly you're selling only CONUS! I would have taken it otherwise both:)
Yeah, sorry, mate. I feel more comfortable shipping only in the states.

Aug 25, 2020 at 4:10 AM Post #32,755 of 36,071
Just a heads up for anyone interested. I’m selling my Sultan. Hate to let it go, but I have no choice. It’s posted in the headphones for sale section.
Whaaaat didn't you absolutely love yours? I've ordered mine and John has made me some exceptional faceplates, really looking forward to getting mine

Aug 25, 2020 at 8:49 AM Post #32,758 of 36,071
Whaaaat didn't you absolutely love yours? I've ordered mine and John has made me some exceptional faceplates, really looking forward to getting mine
I do, there are other reasons why I have to sell and scoop up the funds. Definitely not audio related. It’s a bummer.

Aug 25, 2020 at 8:49 AM Post #32,759 of 36,071

Screenshot_20200825-194617_Gallery.jpg

Blue Pine Cone

1581067820711.jpg

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Aug 25, 2020 at 11:22 AM Post #32,760 of 36,071
For me Noble Sultan sound even more better when pair with pure silver cables. I have Eletech Plato but sadly Noble iem seems have hit and miss fitting with 3rd party cables, mine have some loose fitting with Plato 2 pin connector on the left side, I am often accidentally unplugged the cable when I am trying to pulled it from the case or from my ear. I have noticed that Plato 2 pin is a bit shorter than Sultan stock cable, I don't know if its have something to do with the loose fitting.

So I'm ordering Noble Halley 4 Silver cable on anniversary sale, it surprised me how good the build quality of this cable, its up there with other big names in the industries. Sound wise nothing to complaints, just like with Plato the Sultan sound better with pure silver cable. I don't have fitting issues anymore with Halley 4 Silver cable, but still its sad you have limited cable choices with this awesome iem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back