Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Aug 16, 2020 at 1:12 PM Post #32,731 of 36,042
I'm looking for pairing Noble Audio Katana with player WM1A or WM1Z(or Lotoo Paw 6000).
Do you have a recommendation, experiences with this combination? Or some other?
Dilemma, which player to buy?
Thanks for yours answers.
Ladislav.

Aug 17, 2020 at 12:20 AM Post #32,732 of 36,042
Excuse me, do you happen to be living in Vietnam now? I'd love to take a look at your Limited Katanas, they look beautiful, so do your M3s.
Thank you, unfortunately, I dont live in Vietnam. But here's another closer look at it. No filter.
20200815_171632136_iOS.jpg

Aug 17, 2020 at 12:35 AM Post #32,733 of 36,042
I'm looking for pairing Noble Audio Katana with player WM1A or WM1Z(or Lotoo Paw 6000).
Ladislav.
I'm a portable guy so I only pair it with the IFI Black Nano. I switched the stock cable to use the 8 cores cable from the M3 as well and I'm in the honeymoon phase with my Katana now.

Aug 17, 2020 at 12:39 AM Post #32,734 of 36,042
I'm a portable guy so I only pair it with the IFI Black Nano. I switched the stock cable to use the 8 cores cable from the M3 as well and I'm in the honeymoon phase with my Katana now.
Do you notice the difference between the Katana stock cable and the 8 core in term of sound? There's this guy he's trying to sell me the 8 core and I'm on the fence here.

Aug 18, 2020 at 12:44 AM Post #32,735 of 36,042
Do you notice the difference between the Katana stock cable and the 8 core in term of sound? There's this guy he's trying to sell me the 8 core and I'm on the fence here.
It adds more depth and texture to the music, but I really have to listen to find the difference. YMMV though. From what I know, the copper wire will make it warmer, so if that's ur case, you can go for it.

Aug 18, 2020 at 4:15 AM Post #32,736 of 36,042
Ladislav.

Just to share since I own a katana and a wm1a. ( Mine however is a Japan unit, not sure about whether it sounds different from non Japan units)

I have a wm1a>Eros ii balanced cable> custom katana and really like the pairing. I use it almost everyday for hours. A really engaging, airy, clear and detailed presentation. It is a little more warm on the stock balanced cable to my ears.

I tried the 1z very very briefly but preferred the 1a. it could be my brain telling me to stop spending so much.

Best if you can demo the players as everyone has different preferences and priorities. you can't use internet-based streaming services on the Sony players tho. Sony players have friendly and smooth user interface and awesome battery life!

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2020 at 12:53 PM Post #32,737 of 36,042
IMG_20200818_105254_027.jpg
Speaking of blasts from the pasts... Noble Savant Gen2 ft our thin cable.​

Aug 18, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #32,738 of 36,042

Speaking of blasts from the pasts... Noble Savant Gen2 ft our thin cable.​
I love that blue color, and I imagine that cable just disappears when using it.

Aug 18, 2020 at 10:17 PM Post #32,739 of 36,042
Boo! You suck. Lol, I wish I had the choice to choose. I would’ve definitely took the blue. It looks awesome.

Apologies for the false hope and the blue do look awesome :ksc75smile: I am truly grateful that we were given the options.

Aug 19, 2020 at 1:20 AM Post #32,740 of 36,042
I love that blue color, and I imagine that cable just disappears when using it.

Yes, I do too, it's even more beautiful in person! And the cable is a perfect match, it makes an already light IEM even lighter.

The Savant is my go-to gym IEM now for that reason!

Aug 19, 2020 at 1:26 AM Post #32,741 of 36,042
Ladislav.

While I haven’t tried the Katana with the new MrWalkamn’s “J” region and 1A/1Z+ modification firmware; I do use the 1A and Encore Universal to quite an extent, and it’s marvelous. To the point of I did hear the Katana with 1Z prior to Sony stock 2.0 coming out.

Personally have no trouble recommending the 1A with 1A/1Z+ in “J” region. Now that I’m used to it, it may just be even better than the Sony TA-ZH1ES desktop; crazy as that sounds?

Cheers!

Last edited:
Aug 19, 2020 at 3:58 AM Post #32,742 of 36,042
I listening Katana with Dethronay DTR1 and prototype silver cable to IEM by Polish brand Argentum. For me on this cable Katana sound is very organic, like not armature, very fast attack and decay. More have subbass than midbass and higherbass. Female vocals are very natural and organic. Only one cons have this cable isn't flexible.

dtr1.jpg

Aug 24, 2020 at 1:57 AM Post #32,744 of 36,042
So guys who have Sultan, any dealers for Noble in EU that sells them or is it only from the Noble website?

Also, has anyone cable rolled with Sultan? Or the stock is good enough. Was reading some reviews in Chinese blogs yesterday, they mentioned using Halley 4 cable improved the sound further, so just wondering.

Aug 24, 2020 at 3:35 AM Post #32,745 of 36,042
So guys who have Sultan, any dealers for Noble in EU that sells them or is it only from the Noble website?

Also, has anyone cable rolled with Sultan? Or the stock is good enough. Was reading some reviews in Chinese blogs yesterday, they mentioned using Halley 4 cable improved the sound further, so just wondering.

I have cable rolled with mine but to me I never want any cable to CHANGE the sound. Too many cables these days mess with the sound too much.

The Sultan is a very revealing beast. I am presently pairing mine with the Noble Vivid Cable, which does not really affects the balance and the sound signature, the sound remains clean and smooth with realistic details and believable timbre and body, but the sound is given a fair bit more air and space with the Vivid Cable, and that's all I want it to be. I have tried the Halley and despite the difference in cable materials and geometry it does sound like a mini-Vivid, just a hair less of that air and space while doing everything else pretty much as well. Do not expect the sound to be brighter with the Halley (common perception (and a wrong one I gotta say) that silver sounds brighter than copper), brightness and warmth are fairly similar between these two. Both cables are nicely made and aesthetically pleasing - it's amazing how the 16-wires Vivid could be so supple and manageable while keeping a fairly silent background with only visually thin insulation (of cos can't tell for sure what kind of and how much insulation is there).

My 2 all-time favourite general purpose cables are the Crystal Dream Duet (silver) and the Brise Audio Yatono Limited (copper), both basically matches with every iem I throw at them, and in fact both sound great with the sultan as well BUT these 2 are truly pristinely sterile sounding cables with pitch black backgrounds, and with the vast detailing in the Sultan the end results sound a tiny bit too brutally revealing (i.e. bit tiring) for enjoyment purposes.

If you are gonna get the Sultan I really recommend at least trying them out with the 2 Noble cables. I'm also happy with the pairing with Plussound tri-silver but I kept coming back to the Vivid for its tiny bit smoother sound with the Sultan and eventually settled on that combo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back