Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Aug 10, 2020 at 10:51 AM Post #32,671 of 36,078
If you want to go with Noble and stick to that price range definitely go with a Savant II. It’s not a basshead IEM but it’s decently warm and a really really good all rounder esp at its price point
Oh yes, I've heard good things about the Savant and it will be on my list of IEMs to buy. Good all rounder would be great as I do prefer having a single daily driver.

Aug 10, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #32,673 of 36,078
I'll have a look into them. Thanks.
If you can, I can highly recommend going somewhere to demo the options you are looking at to get a good idea, not just of the sound, but the fit and things like build quality as well. I remember demoing the entire Noble line when I went to buy my first serious IEMs and that was incredibly helpful. I liked the Dulce Bass, warm and inviting, but could not afford the CIEM option at the time.

An affordable option to consider could be the Custom Art FIBAE Black. Exceptional performers at the price.

Aug 10, 2020 at 11:07 AM Post #32,674 of 36,078
If you can, I can highly recommend going somewhere to demo the options you are looking at to get a good idea, not just of the sound, but the fit and things like build quality as well. I remember demoing the entire Noble line when I went to buy my first serious IEMs and that was incredibly helpful. I liked the Dulce Bass, warm and inviting, but could not afford the CIEM option at the time.

An affordable option to consider could be the Custom Art FIBAE Black. Exceptional performers at the price.
Thanks. I will make sure to demo some in the stores when I can to see how they feel in terms of fit and comfort. I just looked at the Custom Art FIBAE Black and it is for a very reasonable price, even as a CIEM. I might actually consider that too as I am located in Europe so I do prefer to buy things within the EU. Do CIEMs and their equivalent universals sound different in any way, assuming you have a perfect seal with the universals? As you can't really test customs then only other option is to test the universals but the CIEMs could sound very different.

Aug 10, 2020 at 11:16 AM Post #32,675 of 36,078
Thanks. I will make sure to demo some in the stores when I can to see how they feel in terms of fit and comfort. I just looked at the Custom Art FIBAE Black and it is for a very reasonable price, even as a CIEM. I might actually consider that too as I am located in Europe so I do prefer to buy things within the EU. Do CIEMs and their equivalent universals sound different in any way, assuming you have a perfect seal with the universals? As you can't really test customs then only other option is to test the universals but the CIEMs could sound very different.
There might be some differences between the universal version of IEMs and their CIEM version, but I have personally only been able to compare the two with one set of IEMs. There are also a lot of factors that can make a difference like the choice of tips for the universals. After I had my first CIEMs reshelled to universals, I actually managed to get quite close to the sound of the CIEMs by using specific tips. CIEMs are very convenient though (unless you intend to buy and sell a lot).

Aug 10, 2020 at 11:27 AM Post #32,676 of 36,078
There might be some differences between the universal version of IEMs and their CIEM version, but I have personally only been able to compare the two with one set of IEMs. There are also a lot of factors that can make a difference like the choice of tips for the universals. After I had my first CIEMs reshelled to universals, I actually managed to get quite close to the sound of the CIEMs by using specific tips. CIEMs are very convenient though (unless you intend to buy and sell a lot).
Thanks! There's so many options to consider and so many IEMs I want to try. Feels like I am going down a rabbit hole with no way out.

Aug 10, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #32,678 of 36,078
My vote

Savant ll

Small
Sturdy
Wide genre
Great vocals

Dont let the fact that it is "entry" level fool you, it punches above its weight class.
Is the Savant II only available as a Wizard universal? Don't get me wrong I do like the look of the Wizard universals but I'm wondering why the standard classic line no longer has the Sage or the Savant II. Are they no longer being made in that form?

Aug 10, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #32,679 of 36,078
If you want to go with Noble and stick to that price range definitely go with a Savant II. It’s not a basshead IEM but it’s decently warm and a really really good all rounder esp at its price point
I whole heartedly concur. I love my Savant II, and they always impress me everytime I use them. The Savant II is still one of the best purchases I have made in the hobby. @mvvRAZ recommended them to me a while back, and I am very glad he did.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2020 at 4:24 PM Post #32,680 of 36,078
Is the Savant II only available as a Wizard universal? Don't get me wrong I do like the look of the Wizard universals but I'm wondering why the standard classic line no longer has the Sage or the Savant II. Are they no longer being made in that form?

Yes
Only available in wizard format, which has a smaller profile than the classic with an aluminum cap.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Aug 11, 2020 at 6:24 AM Post #32,681 of 36,078
Yes
Only available in wizard format, which has a smaller profile than the classic with an aluminum cap.
I see, thanks.

Pardon my ignorance, but since I have had a look at the Savant II and the Sage wizard universals I see that the Savant II is quite a bit cheaper than the Sage. If the Savant II is so highly regarded then why is the Sage more expensive? Is it the case that the Sage is superior (Guess that could be subjective) but in terms of price-performance Savant II is better value?

I'm new to all this and I just find it weird that Savant II is one of the cheapest in the lineup yet so highly regarded.

Aug 11, 2020 at 6:30 AM Post #32,683 of 36,078
I see, thanks.

Pardon my ignorance, but since I have had a look at the Savant II and the Sage wizard universals I see that the Savant II is quite a bit cheaper than the Sage. If the Savant II is so highly regarded then why is the Sage more expensive? Is it the case that the Sage is superior (Guess that could be subjective) but in terms of price-performance Savant II is better value?

I'm new to all this and I just find it weird that Savant II is one of the cheapest in the lineup yet so highly regarded.
You’ll generally see that price and performance don’t always correlate. The Sage is congested, rolled off on both ends and most generally speaking terrible (it’s a shame cause the green shells are really pretty). The Savant II pretty much makes everything by Noble up to the Tux 5 obsolete imo

Aug 11, 2020 at 4:56 PM Post #32,684 of 36,078
You’ll generally see that price and performance don’t always correlate. The Sage is congested, rolled off on both ends and most generally speaking terrible (it’s a shame cause the green shells are really pretty). The Savant II pretty much makes everything by Noble up to the Tux 5 obsolete imo

Yep
The savant II
Offers a lot of surprises

Screenshot_20200812-033457_Google.jpg

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Aug 11, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #32,685 of 36,078
Yes
@hd101 I just wanted to share a little something about this. I often have fit issues with iems, due to my small and shallow ears, however all my Noble iems fit pretty good. That being said, my Wizard version Savant II, fits much better than my K10U and Massdrop X, both with the aluminum shells. In fact, my Wizard version Savant II fits me the best of all my iems. So, I would prefer a Wizard version if I was looking for another Nobel iem.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back