Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Aug 3, 2020 at 6:54 AM Post #32,642 of 36,038
Aug 3, 2020 at 9:57 AM Post #32,643 of 36,038
Any ideas on a good aftermarket cable for the Sultan?
I have done a little bit of cable rolling with the Sultan. I tend to enjoy the ergonomics and looks of cables more than anything. I recommend not to get into cables because it is the biggest rabbit hole with the least benefit but wow do I love cables! :) I play around with cables when I get a new IEM and then find a good match and then I am done rolling for that IEM. I never use stock cable other than for review purposes but I find that the Sultan stock cable is a very good match. The Sultan stock cable is the only stock cable I could recommend to stay with other than the AAW Canary stock cable. That is if you enter the after market cable rabbit hole. The Sultan does not need more space and excitement. It has enough of that. The stock cable gives it a little warmth and I find it takes nothing away from it.

That said (you can stop reading if you want to avoid Alice in Wonderland) I have tried my Cardas Clear 4 wire cable (1950) on it and the Loki+. The Sultan does not respond massively to different cables like the Katana does. The Katana is the most cable chameleon IEM out there. The 1950 took what the Sultan is and sort of expanded on all of its strengths. I found that to be too much in that the strengths of the Sultan do not need any enhancement. I then tried one of my Loki+ cables. The Loki+ enhanced the strengths just a tiny bit (depth, width, detail, and pole dancing fun) and also provided a little warmth (thank you Sultan bass). So I am done cable rolling with the Sultan.

Aug 3, 2020 at 10:00 AM Post #32,644 of 36,038
I have done a little bit of cable rolling with the Sultan. I tend to enjoy the ergonomics and looks of cables more than anything. I recommend not to get into cables because it is the biggest rabbit hole with the least benefit but wow do I love cables! :) I play around with cables when I get a new IEM and then find a good match and then I am done rolling for that IEM. I never use stock cable other than for review purposes but I find that the Sultan stock cable is a very good match. The Sultan stock cable is the only stock cable I could recommend to stay with other than the AAW Canary stock cable. That is if you enter the after market cable rabbit hole. The Sultan does not need more space and excitement. It has enough of that. The stock cable gives it a little warmth and I find it takes nothing away from it.

That said (you can stop reading if you want to avoid Alice in Wonderland) I have tried my Cardas Clear 4 wire cable (1950) on it and the Loki+. The Sultan does not respond massively to different cables like the Katana does. The Katana is the most cable chameleon IEM out there. The 1950 took what the Sultan is and sort of expanded on all of its strengths. I found that to be too much in that the strengths of the Sultan do not need any enhancement. I then tried one of my Loki+ cables. The Loki+ enhanced the strengths just a tiny bit (depth, width, detail, and pole dancing fun) and also provided a little warmth (thank you Sultan bass). So I am done cable rolling with the Sultan.
Lol, thanks for the update. I’ll look into it soon, eventually.

Aug 3, 2020 at 10:27 AM Post #32,645 of 36,038
Lol, thanks for the update. I’ll look into it soon, eventually.
I find the Sultan do be a phenomenal IEM. A very enjoyable fun bigger than life detailed sound. How are your impressions coming along one week into them?

Aug 3, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #32,646 of 36,038
I find the Sultan do be a phenomenal IEM. A very enjoyable fun bigger than life detailed sound. How are your impressions coming along one week into them?
They are to my ears the best thing since sliced bread. And that’s coming from totl full-size cans. Absolutely wonderful sounding. I love them. And this is only using a ifi xdsd dac/amp. I will upgrade to a nice dap eventually.

Aug 4, 2020 at 2:54 AM Post #32,649 of 36,038
They are to my ears the best thing since sliced bread. And that’s coming from totl full-size cans. Absolutely wonderful sounding. I love them. And this is only using a ifi xdsd dac/amp. I will upgrade to a nice dap eventually.

How to make my day? Anologies about sliced bread.

Aug 4, 2020 at 3:09 AM Post #32,650 of 36,038
Very nice colors of Katana, better than standard version and very good price

katana.jpg

Aug 4, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #32,653 of 36,038
Sold

Screenshot_20200804-205845_LINE.jpg

First ever Bamboo

Sold fresh of the CNC

Thanks for the order

giphy-4.gif

Very nice! Ever since seeing this picture...
1596562582432.png
...I have always wanted IEMs with shells made from natural wood. Have you ever done shells from solid oak (not sure what type of wood this is)?

Aug 4, 2020 at 7:07 PM Post #32,654 of 36,038
Very nice! Ever since seeing this picture...
1596562582432.png
...I have always wanted IEMs with shells made from natural wood. Have you ever done shells from solid oak (not sure what type of wood this is)?

Hard woods like

Oak
Hickory
Pecan

I have yet to do, but I'm certainly willing to do build with it, if someone requested that particular wood.

We have one set of cocobolo & a set of paduak on order now.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Aug 5, 2020 at 1:41 AM Post #32,655 of 36,038
FEB8DFBD-8BBA-48A5-9EC1-20F34B7F58FE.png
Play this song on the Sultan. It’s truly mind-bending. For an iem to get this 3-dimensional is insane. Layer after layer of sound. I have to forcefully take these out of my ears at night and go to bed. I’ll work on a review in the short future. I’m just too selfish enjoying the ride of sound the last several days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back