Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 15, 2019 at 8:24 AM Post #31,773 of 36,078
Agree on most points and nice to read impressions against Xelento, have had 2 in the past, good and boring☺️
M3 are anything but and are a step up for me technically, but mostly the pleasure of music is so high i have put the Khans away since i got the M3s.
Bass on M3 is so much more fun yet deep and precise, it might just be the best bass ive heard so far in fact as i got eventually tired of Legend X, too thick and attracting unnecessary attention from everything else, at the time i was on the moon as noone had ever heard anything like it in an iem, was end game, yet, a few months later i realized even tho im i basshead it's just too much thumping, still one of the great iems, but id take the M3s over it any day now.
I had worries as they sounded extended out of the box but a little metallic, not refined enough, i immediately changed cable (Ares 2) and tips, but still thought, that's what you get for that price range, it's still great tho. Guess what, after maybe close to 100 hours they don't seize to amaze me,
Smoothed out, ultra open, extended and not a hint of harshness, bass has become even more awesome. I took out Khan briefly and tho there was immediate step up in pretty much everything but bass, Khans thinned out badly, especially if like me, you enjoy electronic bass music or Paolo Fresu and Omar Sosa's "Singuldu" Album as mentioned here by @holsen ,great album I've also enjoyed. So maybe Khan will be definitely better for this, but i have put it away and haven't missed a thing listening to M3 for 2 weeks now.
It's past the love period, so not that as i didn't love them in the begging. They totally grew on me big.
Orb's Adventures beyond the Ultraworld made me grin like a newly born audiophile baby on the streets the other day, reminded me of buying the remastered LP and listening on my 5k home system and feeling happy i was born then, when things created have now proven to have even greater value than we thought✌️

Dec 15, 2019 at 1:21 PM Post #31,774 of 36,078
Can anyone compare Tux 5 vs Encore?
This is a cursory comparison between the 2 (I haven't had a lot of listening time with the Tux 5, thus far).

The Encore is the more balanced IEM between the 2. As the Tux 5 is slightly v-shaped, its midrange is a little subdued compared to the bass and treble, which are admittedly, prominent and omnipresent. Hence, you get a very engaging sound right off the bat. On the other hand, the Encore tames its bass response for more forward mids; as a result, you get a warmer, lusher sound. As the heir to the famed "Kaiser" brand, the Encore retains the original's famed vocal prowess. The Tux fares a little poorer in this regard, but provides a sound that is equal parts lively and fun. It's an audiophile's take on the classic "v-shaped" sound that general consumers love.

Dec 15, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #31,775 of 36,078
From what I know there are differences between k10 and k10ua cuz of the different housing materials. I have very deep fit with mine and its def a brighter sound sig with a hot treble. I use symbio tips with abit more narrow bores to bring the treble down abit. I find if u use wide bore silicone tips they tend to reduce bass and boost the treble. Comply tips basically kills the treble all together. I been looking for a way to tame them abit with cables or tips without losing the resolution.
Interesting. I'm not a fan of hot treble, and I've heard all 3 (major) versions of the K10 - the original, acrylic one, the aluminum version and a custom form, which I own. All 3 of them have a treble response that is sparkling but controlled. I'm not doubting what you hear, but I'm just surprised that you'd find them a little too harsh/sharp for your ears. I really hope that you can tame the treble; foam tips usually help in this regard.

Dec 15, 2019 at 2:16 PM Post #31,776 of 36,078
Thanks to all for the responses, I have decided to get Khan, I hope it suits my taste better.

Dec 15, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #31,777 of 36,078
Can anyone comment on soundstage of the M3? What does it compare to? Planar(smooth and forgiving) kind of treble?
Smoothed out, ultra open
Would you describe M3 sound-stage as open, ambient or it's just air and separation without good positioning? Is it deep and/or broad?
Appreciate anyone chiming in with this information. Thanks!

Dec 15, 2019 at 8:25 PM Post #31,778 of 36,078
Thanks to all for the responses, I have decided to get Khan, I hope it suits my taste better.

For what it’s worth, I think Khan is easily Noble’s best IEM. It’s a bit treble heavy, but if the tuning choice works with you, it’s a nice IEM.

Dec 16, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #31,779 of 36,078
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/noble-audio-katana.21779/reviews

Just posted my review of the Noble Katana as re-shelled by ItsFit lab!

This is a review specifically covering the third party re-shell, so if you've been having thoughts about having that done it might be a good read :)

Enjoy!

*Disclaimers regarding warranty and so on have been included

Dec 16, 2019 at 8:27 AM Post #31,780 of 36,078
For what it’s worth, I think Khan is easily Noble’s best IEM. It’s a bit treble heavy, but if the tuning choice works with you, it’s a nice IEM.
I would say the Khan is the product in Noble's stable with the cleanest, most transparent sound. Unfortunately, it was a little too lean for my tastes. The treble was also a tad too hot. In any case, for anyone seeking that particular sound signature, the Khan is definitely one of the must-have IEMs on the market.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #31,781 of 36,078
Interesting. I'm not a fan of hot treble, and I've heard all 3 (major) versions of the K10 - the original, acrylic one, the aluminum version and a custom form, which I own. All 3 of them have a treble response that is sparkling but controlled. I'm not doubting what you hear, but I'm just surprised that you'd find them a little too harsh/sharp for your ears. I really hope that you can tame the treble; foam tips usually help in this regard.

The only person Ive read that described the k10ua as im hearing it spot on was Twister6. You are right that the treble is sparkly but its also abit splashy and hard edged. Im abit curious how even brighter iem like khan sounds and how people can listen to them for long periods of time without getting serious fatigue.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #31,782 of 36,078
The only person Ive read that described the k10ua as im hearing it spot on was Twister6. You are right that the treble is sparkly but its also abit splashy and hard edged. Im abit curious how even brighter iem like khan sounds and how people can listen to them for long periods of time without getting serious fatigue.
People are sensitive to different frequencies. If you give me an IEM with loads of bass I can do more than an hour or so

Give me a treble monster and I’ll be entertained for days

The Khan’s treble is really dry though. I much prefer both the Katana and the Encore’s sparkle and elegance

Dec 16, 2019 at 11:46 AM Post #31,783 of 36,078
I am at the opposite side of the spectrum, from my friend @mvvRAZ, and as someone who is super sensitive to high frequencies, I don't find the K10U treble splashy or hard edged at all using my Galaxy S10+ as the source. The treble has a just the right amount of sparkle, and more detail than I have ever heard before, so it took me some time to acclimate to hearing all that detail, but now it is just pure bliss. I have been listening with my K10U paired with my S10+ non stop since I got them, and have yet to get any fatigue. Perhaps a warmer source could help?

Dec 16, 2019 at 12:09 PM Post #31,784 of 36,078

I found the K10UA quite shrill as well when I first heard it in 2015, but I hadn't been active online then, so those impressions never found their way out. At that point, my friend and I were both debating getting a custom K10 after hearing its acrylic demo unit, particularly enjoying its warm, mellower top-end. Once we tried the K10UA, though, we were surprised by how strong its low-treble was, and it put serious doubt in the both of us, because we didn't know which version the custom would most closely resemble. The question was also brought up at the CIEMs panel at CanJam Singapore 2016, but John stated that given the internals' sealed system (from driver to tube), the change in chassis wouldn't translate sonically. To this day, I haven't given it another go, but I'd love to with different tips, because that could've been the difference maker that we hadn't thought about in our initial tests.

I can safely say, though, that the Khan won't sound harsher or splashier than the K10UA. It's on the brighter and leaner side, yes, but that's mostly because of its laid-back lower-mids, rather than any sharpness in the treble. It certainly doesn't have the hard edges that the K10UA had. So, if you could find one, I'd venture you give it a demo to see if it'll fit your tastes.

Dec 16, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #31,785 of 36,078
I found the K10UA quite shrill as well when I first heard it in 2015, but I hadn't been active online then, so those impressions never found their way out. At that point, my friend and I were both debating getting a custom K10 after hearing its acrylic demo unit, particularly enjoying its warm, mellower top-end. Once we tried the K10UA, though, we were surprised by how strong its low-treble was, and it put serious doubt in the both of us, because we didn't know which version the custom would most closely resemble. The question was also brought up at the CIEMs panel at CanJam Singapore 2016, but John stated that given the internals' sealed system (from driver to tube), the change in chassis wouldn't translate sonically. To this day, I haven't given it another go, but I'd love to with different tips, because that could've been the difference maker that we hadn't thought about in our initial tests.

I can safely say, though, that the Khan won't sound harsher or splashier than the K10UA. It's on the brighter and leaner side, yes, but that's mostly because of its laid-back lower-mids, rather than any sharpness in the treble. It certainly doesn't have the hard edges that the K10UA had. So, if you could find one, I'd venture you give it a demo to see if it'll fit your tastes.

Interesting. . .I wonder if there are any tuning differences, with the old K10UA vs the newer Massdrop K10U? I sure don't hear any hard edges at all, and I am very sensitive to such things in the lower treble.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back