Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Dec 14, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #31,757 of 36,040
I have a very good seal with my symbio tips , I have tried comply tips aswell but that seemed to muffle them abit too much and made them much less technical . Im driving them with a chord mojo to provide some needed warmth relaxing tone to them

Do u have any good tips or cable to recommend to make them sound smoother.
I just wanted to let you know, the Effect Audio Maestro cable, really did wonders for my K10U, and I can listen loud and long, with absolutely no fatigue. I am actually really blown away, and completely satisfied with this cable paring. The detail in the treble is still all there, but things have opened up and smoothed a bit as well. The separation and imaging went up a notch too. For $99 bucks, it might be worth giving a go. Also, I am using Final Audio type e tips.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #31,758 of 36,040
Thanks for the great M3 initial impressions. Two questions if you don't mind, first is how hard are they to drive? I'm looking for a pair that I can use with a mobile phone that aren't insanely priced and the M3 are at the top of my list. Second is how do they compare to the Fusion? The second question is not all that important because my Fusions are lost at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean or somewhere else.

-Collin-
I cant give an impression comparison to the fusion yet as mine are either floating on the Pacific or flying above it. As for drive-ability, they are quite easy to drive. I've plugged them straight into my tablet and PC and they sound good. I'm listening on my DAP right now in a quiet room and on Volume Scale of 0 to 100 I've got them at 24, whereas with the Xelentos I'd be at about 16, the Tin P1s would be at 50. On my desktop rig, I cant move the dial past 9:00 without blowing my ears out. They do benefit from higher volumes for them to come alive but it doesn't take much to get them there. I've also plugged them into a Shanling UP2 BT DAC / AMP and there is plenty of juice to make 'em sing. I'd call them easy to drive. Hope that helps and good luck with your Fusions.
- Howard.

Dec 14, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #31,759 of 36,040
My M3s just got delivered!
I've got about an hour with them in my ears playing off a Shanling M5s and at home out of Topping D50s to JDS Atom.
First impressions are very positive. They are incredibly comfortable and fit in my ear like a tailored glove would fit on my hand. The isolation is fantastic.
In the short time that I've had them, thus far I've played a little bit of everything from Progressive Rock like Rush and Robin Trower to Funk including Parliament and Maceo Parker. I threw in a little Baroque, Some female Jazz with Diana Krall & Holy Cole
and some Harry Connick Jr. I rounded off my first session with some Bob Marley (Exodus & Three Little Birds). All this to say I wanted to test them across multiple genres . I do believe the ABM (Magnetostatic) Driver will benefit from a few hours, but straight out of the box the first thing I notice is the tone and thexture at the extremes. The Bass goes down nice and low with very good texture. You can hear the plucking of the strings and feel the reverb from them without the bass being overpoewering or drowning out the mids. On the other end the treble is beautiful: Crisp, clean, resolving with ample sparkle, good separation and not a hint of sibilance. I love Three Little Birds for assessing this because although it may not be the best produced track, there is a lot going on in the track. Marley's voice haunts you from the centre, backing vocals come in from the sides and right in behind him, cycmbals and tombourines literally float up in the corners around him and M3s handle it all beautifully. I'm going to let the run on endless loop for the next 24 hours and come back to them. But with the Comfort, the Fit, The Isolation and the depth and detail, I think I found my new in-flight best friends!

So glad you are enjoying them this much.

I've been on the fence about picking up them (just don't have the budget because of Christmas!) up for myself and personal use because I don't have a 'fun' IEM (all my IEMs are fun, you know what I mean).

Love hearing your impressions further after they get warmed up and a full review down the line if you have time.

Dec 14, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #31,760 of 36,040
I cant give an impression comparison to the fusion yet as mine are either floating on the Pacific or flying above it. As for drive-ability, they are quite easy to drive. I've plugged them straight into my tablet and PC and they sound good. I'm listening on my DAP right now in a quiet room and on Volume Scale of 0 to 100 I've got them at 24, whereas with the Xelentos I'd be at about 16, the Tin P1s would be at 50. On my desktop rig, I cant move the dial past 9:00 without blowing my ears out. They do benefit from higher volumes for them to come alive but it doesn't take much to get them there. I've also plugged them into a Shanling UP2 BT DAC / AMP and there is plenty of juice to make 'em sing. I'd call them easy to drive. Hope that helps and good luck with your Fusions.
- Howard.

Thanks, this is really helpful and appreciated. Sounds like they would be perfect with my iBasso DC01 dongle thingy and phone :)

-Collin-

Dec 14, 2019 at 12:15 PM Post #31,761 of 36,040
Thanks, this is really helpful and appreciated. Sounds like they would be perfect with my iBasso DC01 dongle thingy and phone :)

-Collin-

"Dongle thingy" will never get old saying!

The M3 is quite easy to drive, but like any of our gear scales quite well with source. You should have no problem!

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #31,762 of 36,040
I just wanted to let you know, the Effect Audio Maestro cable, really did wonders for my K10U, and I can listen loud and long, with absolutely no fatigue. I am actually really blown away, and completely satisfied with this cable paring. The detail in the treble is still all there, but things have opened up and smoothed a bit as well. The separation and imaging went up a notch too. For $99 bucks, it might be worth giving a go. Also, I am using Final Audio type e tips.

Thats good to hear. Sounds like effect audio Maestro would work for me too since it supposed to be a warm spc cable. Im also gonna order a pair of audio type e tips and compare them to my current symbio tips.

Its kinda frustrating tho that people describing k10 as a warm smooth iem and when I get my k10ua its like the opposite of what people have been telling me.

Dec 14, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #31,763 of 36,040
Thats good to hear. Sounds like effect audio Maestro would work for me too since it supposed to be a warm spc cable. Im also gonna order a pair of audio type e tips and compare them to my current symbio tips.

Its kinda frustrating tho that people describing k10 as a warm smooth iem and when I get my k10ua its like the opposite of what people have been telling me.

I'd also take into account is they are using a custom versus universal and what kind of tips they are using. o

For example, I would call the K10c neutral with a touch of warmth, I wouldn't call it fully warm (those kinds of IEMs strangely give me massive headaches). The bass has just enough impact for me and the highs, although they would be what I call smooth, don't lack extension - a fault of some warm iems that I have tried.

I'd definitely recommend tip rolling and the E tips may work out great. Depending on the IEM, outside of the stock Khan foams and double flanges, I use those to get best fit.

My ears are really strange - I have to use different size tips, one size larger in the left than the right. I can clearly see this now thanks to my customs showing the massive difference. I also have what's called a "swimmer's ear" (literally as it sounds, I swam a lot as a kid) resulting in a wide but shallow ear an average curve in the canals.

Luckily, this worked out really well for me because larger shells like the Tux 5 and Khan fit me like near customs once I get the right tip. The M3 fits me the opposite, resulting in me needing a larger tip because of how the shell fits flush in your ear.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #31,764 of 36,040

Just to clarify the Maestro is all copper, not spc.

Dec 14, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #31,765 of 36,040
So glad you are enjoying them this much.

I've been on the fence about picking up them (just don't have the budget because of Christmas!) up for myself and personal use because I don't have a 'fun' IEM (all my IEMs are fun, you know what I mean).

Love hearing your impressions further after they get warmed up and a full review down the line if you have time.
Here's a short update to continue on my initial impressions for the M3s. I let them burn all night, in my ears as I slept. They continue to be comfortable and will be no problem if you like to sleeps with IEMs in your ears. I travel a lot so this is important to me especially in aircraft on long haul flights. For me, I've got the best fit and sound using Comply T400s pushed all the way down the nozzle to where the base of the tip is up against the shell. The isolation is really fantastic and the comfort superb. Even more so, for those of you who sleep with IEMs, you'll know that with many of them, when the pressure of the pillow against the body of the earphone, the position of the nozzle can get moved and dull the sound. Not here, at least not in my ears.

As for the sound, they have definitely opened up. I've been A/B comparing them against my Xelentos all day. They have very similar sound signatures which would be V or at least U and in many ways are quite comparable. I've always been impressed by how much sound can come out of those little pieces of "Audio Jewellery" with just a single driver in them. They make great travel buddies because they are so small and sound so good with deep bass and good transition to mids and crystal clear highs - remarkable really. The M3s take everything I love about the Xelentos and just marginally take everything up a notch. The bass is ever so slightly deeper, ever so slightly more detailed and they are pitch black so everything just stands out; they are just beautifully clean. The highs also have very good extension, clarity, sparkle and and an airiness about them. I've read that the M3s have a deep V and no mids and that was a cause for concern after ordering them but I can't agree. Everything from the texture of acoustic guitars to the reverberation of congas is sitting well defined right in front or beside you as it was recorded. Vocals both male and female are presented beautifully, neither too forward or too recessed, they are just sitting right there projecting from the middle of the stage, unless its Robert Plant moaning from left to right as the mix pans him in. I've listened to just about every genre now and subtle vocals literally whisper as they should, and while they do it differently Diana Kralls lip smacks as she kisses the microphone are just as well presented as George Clinton and Bootsy Collins smacking their lips. Treble reaches nice and high without a hint of sibilance and I dont know if its brain burn or a change in the ABM but the high frequencies, whether its screaming saxophones or subtle cymbal strikes are crisp, clear, detailed quick.

As I write this I'm listening to Paolo Fresu and Omar Sosa's "Singuldu" Album. Its and absolutely sublime recording with so much going on and the M3s are picking up all the subtle details. I'm impressed with these M3s. I'll never sell my Xelentos simply because they are so fantastic. They fit easily in a pocket and sound so good with the supplied thin cable and they have never let me down but I gotta say; in overall sound quality I think the M3s nudge them out and they can be had new for the used price of the Xelentos.

Anyway I am a music lover, an aficionado of quality and I might even call myself an audiophile because of my love for incredible rich detailed sound and my commitment not counting cost in my pursuit of what I love. Having said that, I do love an outstanding value and I'd put the M3s in that category. I'm not a professional reviewer, just a guy who loves music and has an opinion. I hope this helps someone or maybe even a few someones and I also hope to see a full & proper review eventually pop up in this thread to either validate my impressions or complete tear them to shreds.. LOL

Dec 14, 2019 at 8:11 PM Post #31,766 of 36,040
Here's a short update to continue on my initial impressions for the M3s. I let them burn all night, in my ears as I slept. They continue to be comfortable and will be no problem if you like to sleeps with IEMs in your ears. I travel a lot so this is important to me especially in aircraft on long haul flights. For me, I've got the best fit and sound using Comply T400s pushed all the way down the nozzle to where the base of the tip is up against the shell. The isolation is really fantastic and the comfort superb. Even more so, for those of you who sleep with IEMs, you'll know that with many of them, when the pressure of the pillow against the body of the earphone, the position of the nozzle can get moved and dull the sound. Not here, at least not in my ears.

As for the sound, they have definitely opened up. I've been A/B comparing them against my Xelentos all day. They have very similar sound signatures which would be V or at least U and in many ways are quite comparable. I've always been impressed by how much sound can come out of those little pieces of "Audio Jewellery" with just a single driver in them. They make great travel buddies because they are so small and sound so good with deep bass and good transition to mids and crystal clear highs - remarkable really. The M3s take everything I love about the Xelentos and just marginally take everything up a notch. The bass is ever so slightly deeper, ever so slightly more detailed and they are pitch black so everything just stands out; they are just beautifully clean. The highs also have very good extension, clarity, sparkle and and an airiness about them. I've read that the M3s have a deep V and no mids and that was a cause for concern after ordering them but I can't agree. Everything from the texture of acoustic guitars to the reverberation of congas is sitting well defined right in front or beside you as it was recorded. Vocals both male and female are presented beautifully, neither too forward or too recessed, they are just sitting right there projecting from the middle of the stage, unless its Robert Plant moaning from left to right as the mix pans him in. I've listened to just about every genre now and subtle vocals literally whisper as they should, and while they do it differently Diana Kralls lip smacks as she kisses the microphone are just as well presented as George Clinton and Bootsy Collins smacking their lips. Treble reaches nice and high without a hint of sibilance and I dont know if its brain burn or a change in the ABM but the high frequencies, whether its screaming saxophones or subtle cymbal strikes are crisp, clear, detailed quick.

As I write this I'm listening to Paolo Fresu and Omar Sosa's "Singuldu" Album. Its and absolutely sublime recording with so much going on and the M3s are picking up all the subtle details. I'm impressed with these M3s. I'll never sell my Xelentos simply because they are so fantastic. They fit easily in a pocket and sound so good with the supplied thin cable and they have never let me down but I gotta say; in overall sound quality I think the M3s nudge them out and they can be had new for the used price of the Xelentos.

Anyway I am a music lover, an aficionado of quality and I might even call myself an audiophile because of my love for incredible rich detailed sound and my commitment not counting cost in my pursuit of what I love. Having said that, I do love an outstanding value and I'd put the M3s in that category. I'm not a professional reviewer, just a guy who loves music and has an opinion. I hope this helps someone or maybe even a few someones and I also hope to see a full & proper review eventually pop up in this thread to either validate my impressions or complete tear them to shreds.. LOL
I agree with your comments, I'm highly delighted with mine.

They have improved (mids became more apparent/obvious over time).

As I have said previously I can understand why people listening to a new set would think they are extremely V shaped, but over time this ceases to be the case.

Dec 15, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #31,768 of 36,040
Can anyone compare Tux 5 vs Encore?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back