Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jul 15, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #30,556 of 36,040
Just got me one of them Khans. Was contemplating on getting the Encores as my end game iems last year but i knew there would be something better if i waited. I'm glad i waited for it. Everything on the Khan is perfect for me. The bass has so much "meat" but never too much for me to suffer from fatigue, natural mids and highs that have a sparkle to it. I love it, it's addictive. Now this guy has character. Thank you Noble Audio, you guys have never failed to impress me. I'm afraid to test out future flagships from you guys from now on. :beerchug:

Jul 15, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #30,557 of 36,040
Screenshot_20190715-224726_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20190715-225120_Google.jpg

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jul 15, 2019 at 12:29 PM Post #30,558 of 36,040
Behold
The Khan C

Orders can be placed July 15

Standard build format:
1) Dark Smoke / Black Shell
2) Black & Silver composite Mokume Gane

Additional limited face plate art options will be available
(shell color is not optional)
Damn! How do I hide my wallet from this one?

Custom faceplates are interesting and all... But it's the promise of a better fit, coupled with the insane Khan sound, that blows my mind.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #30,559 of 36,040
They scale two different areas of the known perception universe. Like one is the sun and one is the water. There is no right or wrong just personality. There is no one IEM more correct, but contrasts.......deep contrasts. How could one be correct when the Encore and IER-Z1R are polar opposites?

That said it’s better to walk away from one as the sun and water don’t always mix. But when they do somehow mix it becomes a refreshing day at the beach. One is the night and one is the day as they reflect off each other and justify each other’s character.

The above is the challenge. But if your up to it?

The Encore has it’s own wonderful treble which is at times.......somehow more agile and lite. The treble note examples move faster due to being maybe more articulate and it gives the IER-Z1R a run for it’s money in treble soundstage. The Encore treble has it’s own charm being some way airy and of thinner hairs, where the IER-Z1R treble is more electrical.

There is a soundstage with the Encore which elements in the mids and treble are flung way outside; kind of fishbowl like (all around outside your ears).....but the results stay cohesive and coherent? That’s the magic taking place. IMO

The Encore bass is all of a sudden hidden in the most endearing of ways which could even in contrast make the IER-Z1R come off brutish and stupid.........but of course no one IEM becomes wrong here. It’s the fact that the Encore is actually a warm IEM that makes it all so much fun. But...... not warm in the way we normally think of warm.....not a totally laid back or dull warm way....but an exciting slightly warm way. The Encore is two different things going on at once? It walks the line of being flat but of course it’s not....... it’s a fun V but not the V your thinking. It’s a V but not the Sony House Sound V. It’s the opposite V? Maybe a W? I’m not into graphs? The reason the two are opposites and the main reason they go together is the midrange complexity. Literally the Encore needs to be owned by someone who is looking for magical mids!

The Encore is clear but has a airy soft-focus halo harmonic “buzz” .....a cool buzz which envelopes the extreme detail making it both detailed and forgiving at once? It’s this slight air all the time mixed with the big soundstage with the hidden bass coming back unexpectedly at you that’s only the start of the fascination. It sounds like this would all be disjointed but that’s the thing...it’s not; the whole mix goes right together as a tight package.

You would think that a person would not get into the Encore bass tone after subjugation to IER-Z1R bass. Interestingly maybe they are closer than someone would think? Both are sub-bass focus....with the IER-Z1R having it’s sub-bass dominated by intense physicality. With that said going to the Encore bass is like going from the hot beach into the refreshing water. The Encore bass being fast and detailed nimble and entertaining in it’s own style. Though I don’t feel the Encore has lower mids as a focus, but again it may be that factor adding to the excitement? Both IEMs are over the top in a flamboyant personality way. They are not boring and have character; their own character. Though when I talk about midrange with the Encore it’s not midrange like the Khan, it’s something else? It’s different and I can’t put why into words? The Encore midrange must maybe be warmer, and sitting slightly farther back somewhere? The Khan and Encore are different animals all together as far as mids? The Khan mids have more complexity and sit more front and center; though I spent very little time with the Khan and not enough to really describe it right.
That's one trippy review. Unconventional in a good way. I like your style.

Jul 15, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #30,560 of 36,040
Damn! How do I hide my wallet from this one?

Custom faceplates are interesting and all... But it's the promise of a better fit, coupled with the insane Khan sound, that blows my mind.
Have you heard the Encore and the Khan? Noble have certainly made being a consumer complicated, in a good way, giving so many takes on TOTL. I would be interested in your interpretation of the difference. I really like the"standard" faceplates. I would go for light smoke rather than dark ideally. It's totally down to the sound though really...

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2019 at 2:30 PM Post #30,562 of 36,040
No harm shall befall my Khans!
1E63B915-165C-4EE2-88DD-5DB7C7707869.jpeg

Jul 15, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #30,568 of 36,040
They scale two different areas of the known perception universe. Like one is the sun and one is the water. There is no right or wrong just personality. There is no one IEM more correct, but contrasts.......deep contrasts. How could one be correct when the Encore and IER-Z1R are polar opposites?

That said it’s better to walk away from one as the sun and water don’t always mix. But when they do somehow mix it becomes a refreshing day at the beach. One is the night and one is the day as they reflect off each other and justify each other’s character.

The above is the challenge. But if your up to it?

The Encore has it’s own wonderful treble which is at times.......somehow more agile and lite. The treble note examples move faster due to being maybe more articulate and it gives the IER-Z1R a run for it’s money in treble soundstage. The Encore treble has it’s own charm being some way airy and of thinner hairs, where the IER-Z1R treble is more electrical.

There is a soundstage with the Encore which elements in the mids and treble are flung way outside; kind of fishbowl like (all around outside your ears).....but the results stay cohesive and coherent? That’s the magic taking place. IMO

The Encore bass is all of a sudden hidden in the most endearing of ways which could even in contrast make the IER-Z1R come off brutish and stupid.........but of course no one IEM becomes wrong here. It’s the fact that the Encore is actually a warm IEM that makes it all so much fun. But...... not warm in the way we normally think of warm.....not a totally laid back or dull warm way....but an exciting slightly warm way. The Encore is two different things going on at once? It walks the line of being flat but of course it’s not....... it’s a fun V but not the V your thinking. It’s a V but not the Sony House Sound V. It’s the opposite V? Maybe a W? I’m not into graphs? The reason the two are opposites and the main reason they go together is the midrange complexity. Literally the Encore needs to be owned by someone who is looking for magical mids!

The Encore is clear but has a airy soft-focus halo harmonic “buzz” .....a cool buzz which envelopes the extreme detail making it both detailed and forgiving at once? It’s this slight air all the time mixed with the big soundstage with the hidden bass coming back unexpectedly at you that’s only the start of the fascination. It sounds like this would all be disjointed but that’s the thing...it’s not; the whole mix goes right together as a tight package.

You would think that a person would not get into the Encore bass tone after subjugation to IER-Z1R bass. Interestingly maybe they are closer than someone would think? Both are sub-bass focus....with the IER-Z1R having it’s sub-bass dominated by intense physicality. With that said going to the Encore bass is like going from the hot beach into the refreshing water. The Encore bass being fast and detailed nimble and entertaining in it’s own style. Though I don’t feel the Encore has lower mids as a focus, but again it may be that factor adding to the excitement? Both IEMs are over the top in a flamboyant personality way. They are not boring and have character; their own character. Though when I talk about midrange with the Encore it’s not midrange like the Khan, it’s something else? It’s different and I can’t put why into words? The Encore midrange must maybe be warmer, and sitting slightly farther back somewhere? The Khan and Encore are different animals all together as far as mids? The Khan mids have more complexity and sit more front and center; though I spent very little time with the Khan and not enough to really describe it right.

Thanks Sir, after getting rid of my Z1r (regretful sometimes) due to painful fit for me (never the sound), I've replaced that one with a Legend X Custom, but would like to have a neutral/clear/bright IEM to close the trilogy (Legend X, A12T, XXXX) and I didn't like the khan when I tried the first time due to missing what I was looking for at that time (deep bass hybrid, where I ended up with the Z1r), but I vaguely remember it being really detailed from mids to highs. same impression with the Encore. But as I already have a full BA, a triple hybrid seems to be a good option.

PS.: Khan C for $500 more and not even being fully customizable doesn't make much sense for me now.

Jul 15, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #30,569 of 36,040
Thanks Sir, after getting rid of my Z1r (regretful sometimes) due to painful fit for me (never the sound), I've replaced that one with a Legend X Custom, but would like to have a neutral/clear/bright IEM to close the trilogy (Legend X, A12T, XXXX) and I didn't like the khan when I tried the first time due to missing what I was looking for at that time (deep bass hybrid, where I ended up with the Z1r), but I vaguely remember it being really detailed from mids to highs. same impression with the Encore. But as I already have a full BA, a triple hybrid seems to be a good option.

PS.: Khan C for $500 more and not even being fully customizable doesn't make much sense for me now.

Not sure if you played with a lot of tips, but on the Khan, most of the time people not happy with the bass, it ends up being a tip issue. A small percentage does prefer the bass amount in the Encore and K10.

Jul 15, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #30,570 of 36,040
Not sure if you played with a lot of tips, but on the Khan, most of the time people not happy with the bass, it ends up being a tip issue. A small percentage does prefer the bass amount in the Encore and K10.
That can be a problem, as when I tried I did on a local store, so not much freedom. I'm really tempted in giving it another try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back