Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Jul 15, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #30,572 of 36,065
t
In theory
Due to a more ideal fit, a custom would provide a more robust bass response
Totally agree, I tried with the silicon tips and it did fit well and sealed well too. i would like to try with different foam and bore sizes. On this topic, which Comply and Final tips model would fit the Khan?

Jul 15, 2019 at 10:04 PM Post #30,573 of 36,065
Thanks Sir, after getting rid of my Z1r (regretful sometimes) due to painful fit for me (never the sound), I've replaced that one with a Legend X Custom, but would like to have a neutral/clear/bright IEM to close the trilogy (Legend X, A12T, XXXX) and I didn't like the khan when I tried the first time due to missing what I was looking for at that time (deep bass hybrid, where I ended up with the Z1r), but I vaguely remember it being really detailed from mids to highs. same impression with the Encore. But as I already have a full BA, a triple hybrid seems to be a good option.

PS.: Khan C for $500 more and not even being fully customizable doesn't make much sense for me now.

Fit is everything. It’s directly related to getting what ever potential could be there. The Z1R fit for me but the Encore was a challenge, but after arriving at Encore fit, what was missing was provided. Then it was like “OK” wow so this is the Encore. Many IEMs today have a very technical detailed and non-colored midrange which takes first priority.......but the Encore has all this neutrality in the mids with a subtle V boost on both ends, somehow putting the mids into an airy less confrontational way?

But I had just spent all my $ when trying the Khan, which could have influenced my take? But I totally agree if someone has a sound goal it will cause an error in judgment when actually hearing a good IEM. If people have a full BA then they may disregard all full BAs without a question of how good they may be. They think they are only looking for one style of replay.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019 at 12:58 AM Post #30,574 of 36,065
t

Totally agree, I tried with the silicon tips and it did fit well and sealed well too. i would like to try with different foam and bore sizes. On this topic, which Comply and Final tips model would fit the Khan?

Any should fit that have a 4mm opening, that's the size of the opening I having coming for my SpinFit's. I was able to put them on in Chicago for a girl that bought them after testing. The CP240M is the ones I ordered.

Jul 16, 2019 at 1:59 AM Post #30,575 of 36,065
Jul 16, 2019 at 3:11 AM Post #30,576 of 36,065
t

I've used Comply SmartCore Sport Pro tips successfully on the Khan, the bore size fits well and although they only come in one size the comfort and isolation are good. I'm currently using MandarinEs Symbio W Eartips which are great and look terrific too!

Jul 16, 2019 at 7:00 AM Post #30,577 of 36,065
Thanks for the tips guys. I got them on the way. Amazon Prime right on time. Need to find the Symbio that can be delivered downunder, I heard good things about them before.

Jul 16, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #30,578 of 36,065
I would also recommend the RHA Dual Density Silicone tips. The are the most comfortable and best sounding tips I have tried with the Khan, much more reasonable price than some of the alternatives as well.

Jul 16, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #30,580 of 36,065
That is a facy looking case, is that what comes with the Khan these days?

Nope. That is a new pelican R20 case that I made a custom faceplate for. A little larger than the 1010 that Noble includes with their IEMs. I’m able to keep iPhone, oppo dac/amp, Khans and a charging cable in it (barely).

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:08 AM Post #30,581 of 36,065
Jul 16, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #30,582 of 36,065
The R20 case should also protect my Khans from medium to large explosions.

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019 at 9:54 AM Post #30,583 of 36,065
Have you heard the Encore and the Khan? Noble have certainly made being a consumer complicated, in a good way, giving so many takes on TOTL. I would be interested in your interpretation of the difference. I really like the"standard" faceplates. I would go for light smoke rather than dark ideally. It's totally down to the sound though really...
Yeah, I've tried the Khan on a few occasions now, and I have compared them to my own Encore. You can see the familial resemblance between the Kaiser and the new Khan. They each have their strengths, but the bass on the new flagship is quite spectacular. It's not heavy, but finely textured, with enough slam to satisfy bass fanatics when the track/song calls for it.

Frankly, it's a good time to be an audiophile, but Noble's not making it easy when it comes down to choosing a right IEM. :wink:

With the Khan, Encore, Katana and even the original Kaiser 10 flying around, they've got quite the stable of earphones to suit most tastes.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back