Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Apr 23, 2019 at 11:29 AM Post #30,108 of 36,076
I've just joined the Noble Audio community with a brand new K10U - just wanted to see if anyone has opinions that the stock cable should be upgraded ASAP?
Well, I don't want to open a can of worms on the subject of 3rd party cables... But, I have enjoyed pairing my K10s with a pure silver cable. I'm currently using it with a Toxic Cables Silver Widow. You'll still get by happily with the stock Noble cable, so don't worry too much about that.

If you're adventurous, however, and you want to get that extra 1-2% out of your portable rig, and you want to add extra bling, by all means, get an aftermarket cable. :)

Apr 23, 2019 at 11:34 AM Post #30,109 of 36,076
Well, I don't want to open a can of worms on the subject of 3rd party cables... But, I have enjoyed pairing my K10s with a pure silver cable. I'm currently using it with a Toxic Cables Silver Widow. You'll still get by happily with the stock Noble cable, so don't worry too much about that.

If you're adventurous, however, and you want to get that extra 1-2% out of your portable rig, and you want to add extra bling, by all means, get an aftermarket cable. :)

The upgraded stock cable that is included with the Khan is pretty good. It also matches the cable that came with my LCD 4z:smile:

Apr 23, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #30,110 of 36,076
The upgraded stock cable that is included with the Khan is pretty good. It also matches the cable that came with my LCD 4z:smile:
Well, given my limited time with the Khan, thus far, I'll take your word for it. :)

One thing's for sure, though - they certainly look nice.

Apr 23, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #30,111 of 36,076

People that want both peace of mind and to upgrade the cable the Wagnus are not 3rd party cables.

Apr 23, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #30,112 of 36,076
Ok long story short...
My ONKYO DP-X1 battery started swelling and lifted the screen and is long out of warranty. I have looked everywhere and was unable to source a replacement battery. Sent it to US ONKYO repair facility for repair here's a edited answer....

On Mon, Apr 22, 2019, 12:27 PM <Customerservice@panurgyoem.com> wrote:

Good Afternoon,

Please click here to view a printable invoice for the repair to your DPX1. Please let us know how you'd like to proceed.

**PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT YOUR UNIT REQUIRES A Part THAT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE IN ORDER TO BE REPAIRED. THEREFORE, THIS ESTIMATE IS FOR RETURN SHIPMENT OF THE UNIT AS IS**.

If you would like us to proceed shipment of the unit back to you AS IS, please sign and return a copy of the printed invoice with your reply AND Click here to pay via PayPal.

PLEASE NOTE: By submitting this payment via the PayPal, you are electronically authorizing PanurgyOEM to charge your account $ 27.50

--------------------------------------------------------------------

So my question is what are your sources for your Noble TOL iem's that's not a bank breaker, ie @ $500 USD?

I know John used the ONKYO and Watta's gonna chime in for A&K (too expensive in my opinion). Don't know if John's still using the DP-X1.

I'm currently leaning towards the Cayin n5ii which is going for @ $250 USD used.

Thanks in advance,

Claus

Apr 23, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #30,113 of 36,076
People that want both peace of mind and to upgrade the cable the Wagnus are not 3rd party cables.
I wasn't aware that Noble manufacture cables. If, indeed they do not, then all cables are 3rd party. It is just one of the components in the completed product that they assemble. The genius is in the design...

Apr 23, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #30,114 of 36,076
Ok long story short...
My ONKYO DP-X1 battery started swelling and lifted the screen and is long out of warranty. I have looked everywhere and was unable to source a replacement battery. Sent it to US ONKYO repair facility for repair here's a edited answer....

Good Afternoon,

Please click here to view a printable invoice for the repair to your DPX1. Please let us know how you'd like to proceed.

**PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT YOUR UNIT REQUIRES A Part THAT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE IN ORDER TO BE REPAIRED. THEREFORE, THIS ESTIMATE IS FOR RETURN SHIPMENT OF THE UNIT AS IS**.

If you would like us to proceed shipment of the unit back to you AS IS, please sign and return a copy of the printed invoice with your reply AND Click here to pay via PayPal.

PLEASE NOTE: By submitting this payment via the PayPal, you are electronically authorizing PanurgyOEM to charge your account $ 27.50

So my question is what are your sources for your Noble TOL iem's that's not a bank breaker, ie @ $500 USD?

I know John used the ONKYO and Watta's gonna chime in for A&K (too expensive in my opinion). Don't know if John's still using the DP-X1.

I'm currently leaning towards the Cayin n5ii which is going for @ $250 USD used.

Thanks in advance,

Claus

Okay, since you brought me up, let me chime in. Are you saying A&K is just flat out too expensive, or are you fine with one under $500? If the latter is fine, hit up ebay or even the for sale section here, plenty can be had under $500.

Apr 23, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #30,115 of 36,076
I wasn't aware that Noble manufacture cables. If, indeed they do not, then all cables are 3rd party. It is just one of the components in the completed product that they assemble. The genius is in the design...

The Wagnus is not considered a 3rd party cable that will void the warranty, lets call it a Noble approved 3rd party cable.

Apr 23, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #30,116 of 36,076
Ok long story short...

Good Afternoon,

Thanks in advance,

Claus
DAP choices are very subjective and personal affairs. With that said, there are many fantastic option that live outside of AK's price range. You can consider a used DX200 or a Hiby R6.

Apr 23, 2019 at 9:23 PM Post #30,117 of 36,076
Ok long story short...

Good Afternoon,

Thanks in advance,

Claus

I got a couple of dpx1

They work, one has a cracked gorilla glass screen but that is no biggie.

They are probably in the 80% aesthetic range (few dings etc) put a new dignis cover on it and presto, looks as good as new.

I'll throw one in for free with the purchase of s khan

Or

Make an offer:)

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Apr 23, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #30,118 of 36,076

I do believe the wagnus cables offered, carry the noble logo, making them a collaborative product.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Apr 24, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #30,119 of 36,076
Okay, since you brought me up, let me chime in. Are you saying A&K is just flat out too expensive, or are you fine with one under $500? If the latter is fine, hit up ebay or even the for sale section here, plenty can be had under $500.

Good point Wata, I'll take a look around

DAP choices are very subjective and personal affairs. With that said, there are many fantastic option that live outside of AK's price range. You can consider a used DX200 or a Hiby R6.

I've considered the DX200 & Hiby R6, I guess what I'm saying/looking for is something with the sound signature of the ONKYO DP-X1. I'm also considering the new Fiio M11, though I haven't read any reviews and have no idea what the sound quality/signature is like.

I got a couple of dpx1

They work, one has a cracked gorilla glass screen but that is no biggie.

They are probably in the 80% aesthetic range (few dings etc) put a new dignis cover on it and presto, looks as good as new.

I'll throw one in for free with the purchase of s khan

Or

Make an offer:)

Call me jaded John, but I think I'm gonna walk away from ONKYO and probably never look back Thank you for the offer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back