Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Oct 8, 2018 at 6:32 PM Post #28,277 of 36,063
Well then, I guess I am............

39872651-stamp-busted-in-red-over-white-background.jpg

Oct 8, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #28,280 of 36,063
Oct 8, 2018 at 10:44 PM Post #28,283 of 36,063
noble needs to innovate beyond sticking BA drivers into empty shells and upcharge 1000x more than their costs to fund their marketing campaign in forums. Please look at 64 ears with their modules (albeit only slight sound quality changes despite what they claim to be "revolutionary"), Lear and vision ears and many others that at least provide a switch in their IEMs to switch modes, LCD for using unconventional tech and design for their IEMs.
Not saying you should emulate them but please hire an actual R&D team.

Some other feedback:
1) the fit on the universal shells are terrible; please look at InEar (german company) who actually did their homework by using the average shape they got from scanning a few thousand real life ear samples
2) the sound between the high end models (k10, katana, k10 encore) is literally an EQ away from homogeneity. The word "proprietary drivers" is abused to the max here.
3) small nitpick; if ur gonna upcharge me please include a better cable than the standard China made that cost $5 to make.

Oct 8, 2018 at 11:27 PM Post #28,284 of 36,063
noble needs to innovate beyond sticking BA drivers into empty shells and upcharge 1000x more than their costs to fund their marketing campaign in forums. Please look at 64 ears with their modules (albeit only slight sound quality changes despite what they claim to be "revolutionary"), Lear and vision ears and many others that at least provide a switch in their IEMs to switch modes, LCD for using unconventional tech and design for their IEMs.

Some other feedback:
1) the fit on the universal shells are terrible; please look at InEar (german company) who actually did their homework by using the average shape they got from scanning a few thousand real life ear samples
2) the sound between the high end models (k10, katana, k10 encore) is literally an EQ away from homogeneity. The word "proprietary drivers" is abused to the max here.
3) small nitpick; if ur gonna upcharge me please include a better cable than the standard China made that cost $5 to make.

Your post indicates you are not to familiar with Noble and are enthralled with what we consider old concepts

https://nobleaudio.com/en/about/news/article/noble-fr-and-pr-wizard-iems/

I'm a Doctorate level audiologist, which means I have done a lot of homework and then some.

Proprietary drivers are pretty much the industry standard and one would be hard pressed to find any of the top tier mfg in the industry not using them.

And for the small nit pick the cable isnt made in China, has a pull strength of 147 lbs, conducts electricity, and comprised of silver plated copper.....

A video was posted attesting to the pull strength of the cable as well. To date, no other manufacturer has posted such a video.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Oct 8, 2018 at 11:37 PM Post #28,285 of 36,063

Some other feedback:

The InEar post I find interesting, I struggle with universals as do many, do you think InEars has 100% of its buyers satisfied with the fit? Noble did have a switch model back in the day, not sure if you were aware. I would love a design that made universals fit me better, but like I said, I am not sure if its possible to please 100% of the public. If a different Noble design could do that, I sure as heck would welcome it.

Oct 9, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #28,286 of 36,063

Some other feedback:

So having one mode with a switch is the solution? You said at least a switch.

I tried all VE models in their universal form as demos for a couple of days at home. And they are extremely well build. They feel expensive. But then they are very expensive indeed. Sound quality wise I wasn’t blown away. I expected to be but it was just very good sound quality for a very high price. Sure, I have been blessed with being able to listen to a lot of the top of the line in ears over the years. So I am not easily wowed anymore. For VE I think they have a very solid offering - just priced a bit too high. I wish them all the best and lots of success. Great to see a company from the Rhineland (where I am from) being on the scene.

More and more companies are getting into the high end game - and I also think innovation is the one thing that can get you ahead. But it needs to be meaningful.

As for switches - I found that with VE as with my own JH Audio Roxanne’s 2 once you found the setting you like, you leave it in that setting and forget about it. A switch leaves you with 2 choices. The JH approach has quite a few more steps thanks to their potentiometer level adjustment. Also VE offers it only in one model and that model is not their top model. Which makes me scratch my head.

And for the the other adjustable sound signature in ears:
Shure 846 (released in 2013)
IMR
FLC
LZ

Using different methods, dampers and filters to alter the sound signature. FLC offers somethung like 36 variations.

And they are doing it for years. Hardly innovative, nowadays. I think.

Anyhow it’s good to have a discussion and challenge manufacturers to do more. I just wish the tone would be a bit less condescending.

Cheers

Oct 9, 2018 at 12:52 AM Post #28,288 of 36,063
I thought noble prices are pretty solid.

Whatever it is, im perfectly satisfied with having only one pair of iems at the time. And thats k10.

Noble prices have been questioned in the past, nothing new to hear that. Of course looking at other companies, one could say all of them are over priced and people certainly have. Heck look at Astell and Kern prices, mt player at one point was selling for $4500, I have seen them listed even in the $6000 range, not sure if anyone ever paid that, but who knows. These are not cheap toys in the high end market, doesn't matter what company someone chooses, I feel Noble in in line withe the market, just like you stated.

Oct 9, 2018 at 6:33 AM Post #28,290 of 36,063
Your post indicates you are not to familiar with Noble and are enthralled with what we consider old concepts

https://nobleaudio.com/en/about/news/article/noble-fr-and-pr-wizard-iems/

I'm a Doctorate level audiologist, which means I have done a lot of homework and then some.

Proprietary drivers are pretty much the industry standard and one would be hard pressed to find any of the top tier mfg in the industry not using them.

And for the small nit pick the cable isnt made in China, has a pull strength of 147 lbs, conducts electricity, and comprised of silver plated copper.....

A video was posted attesting to the pull strength of the cable as well. To date, no other manufacturer has posted such a video.

I’ve heard that Chuck Norris has his climbing ropes made out of Noble cables because of their strength.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back