Noble Audio - the Wizard returns!
Sep 26, 2018 at 4:41 PM Post #28,231 of 36,078
The whole idea and motivation behind my conversation is around the lack of attention and education, around what is and isn't quality audio gear, also the lack of accessibility for the general public. I feel like with Apple's reach and capital, they can at least educate the general public about the subject, or at the very least, make them aware of the options that are out there. The fact that the vast majority of people have never heard of Noble, or Sennheiser, or Audez is a travesty in my mind. If people are aware of the options and actively choose to not explore them, then that's a different matter, but that's clearly not the case. If Apple could help drive that change, then that's beneficial for everyone involved; and if anyone can do it, it's Apple. Which is why I approached them about the idea, instead of Google, Samsung, or Microsoft for that matter, I have business meetings with these companies regularly, but none of them have the kind of infrastructure to pull it off like Apple can. I don't really care about the money being involved in the effort, my main goal is to make the general public aware of this entire ecosystem of quality gear that we all love. Spread the love, if you will.

Sep 26, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #28,232 of 36,078
The whole idea and motivation behind my conversation is around the lack of attention and education, around what is and isn't quality audio gear, also the lack of accessibility for the general public. I feel like with Apple's reach and capital, they can at least educate the general public about the subject, or at the very least, make them aware of the options that are out there. The fact that the vast majority of people have never heard of Noble, or Sennheiser, or Audez is a travesty in my mind. If people are aware of the options and actively choose to not explore them, then that's a different matter, but that's clearly not the case. If Apple could help drive that change, then that's beneficial for everyone involved; and if anyone can do it, it's Apple. Which is why I approached them about the idea, instead of Google, Samsung, or Microsoft for that matter, I have business meetings with these companies regularly, but none of them have the kind of infrastructure to pull it off like Apple can. I don't really care about the money being involved in the effort, my main goal is to make the general public aware of this entire ecosystem of quality gear that we all love. Spread the love, if you will.
A laudable sentiment. I think we have to accept that we are pretty niche. Niche and proud!

Sep 26, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #28,234 of 36,078
the only thing apple would ever do with noble iems would be to change the 2-pin connection to a proprietary lightning connection...and make sure they died after 18 months.

Sep 26, 2018 at 9:17 PM Post #28,236 of 36,078
the only thing apple would ever do with noble iems would be to change the 2-pin connection to a proprietary lightning connection...and make sure they died after 18 months.
You gotta think bigger, think about what Apple could do with Noble IEMs, and Effect Audio cables as a premium product offering on top of their Beats line. Think CanJam or RMAF all day every day, at every Apple retail store worldwide. I'm envisioning the day when brands like Noble become a household name, like Nike, or Under Armour. It might be a pipe dream, but some of the most widely known inventions and companies became that way because someone had a wild dream and ran with it. I'm not in it for the money or fame, I just want great music experiences for the masses.

Sep 26, 2018 at 9:20 PM Post #28,237 of 36,078
what do you do, exactly?

Sep 26, 2018 at 9:44 PM Post #28,239 of 36,078
DFC8EDED-206B-452A-B209-030AEFFA9A70.jpeg
The general public has very little interest in audio quality. Most could care less. They are more impressed by a 4K 70” TV.

The general public is more impressed by “The Snuggie” than Hi/Fi.

Attachments

• 79542155-11A8-4832-BA3C-7D3D15F1452E.jpeg
    79542155-11A8-4832-BA3C-7D3D15F1452E.jpeg
    561.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 26, 2018 at 9:49 PM Post #28,240 of 36,078
The general public has very little interest in audio quality. Most could care less. They are more impressed by a 4K 70” TV.

Very true, and that's where my frustration comes from. I'm sick of hearing about Beats, Bose and whatever, that's why I chose to do something about it.

Sep 26, 2018 at 9:58 PM Post #28,241 of 36,078
nifty...i used to work at lehman but got out of finance a long time ago. went back to grad school, changed careers and never looked back.

And yeah, so few people (in the US, at least) really care about truly high-end audio.

Sep 27, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #28,242 of 36,078
I actually tend to avoid telling people about this hobby. Most think it's slightly nuts. Good luck with convincing the general public regarding cables!
I'm sure your heart is in the right place but a slightly pointless mission IMHO. :)

Sep 27, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #28,244 of 36,078

Yes and no. Case in point: in my family two of the members don’t care or don’t really notice the difference with audio but want comfort first and foremost. The other three want very good audio but won’t go beyond an iPhone/iPad as a source as we listen on-the-move and/or need mobility. All three of us HATE wires behind the ears. There is also a rather humble limit in what we will spend for an output transducer.

Sep 28, 2018 at 6:40 AM Post #28,245 of 36,078
@hotdog108 next time you meet with them, ask them what kind of profit margins and conditions they ask for from companies they sell at their stores.

And get ready to have your eyes pop out of their sockets... for Noble, I am not sure they can afford to supply Apple. There is a huge financial risk involved as these large retailers like Apple have insane conditions sometimes. Think, unsold inventory, returns, warranty, profit margin, support, etc.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back